• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX kills light post , sad day

Sorry to hear about the accident. There is one silver lining. The next time you do something stupid and your wife begins to complain, just say "Hey honey, Yellow NSX" That might quiet her complaints.

Sorry to hear about the accident. There is one silver lining. The next time you do something stupid and your wife begins to complain, just say "Hey honey, Yellow NSX" That might quiet her complaints.

spoken like a true married man.

Oh geez... that totally sucks. :( But if you decide to NOT get it repaired... can I buy the Radio from you?? :) As well as some other parts?? PM me and let me know!

OP,
Sorry to hear, man

I'm in the market for some new tires for the rear. I was leaning toward the Falken FK452 265/35 18's. Since I know somebody who likes his and has ran his car in open road course events.

I currently have the same size tires in the Bridgestones. After this thread, maybe I should stick with the Bridgestones.

My car rarely if ever sees the rain or wet roads. Only when I've been out and been caught in a sprinkle.

I have the 452's. Ran them on the dragon in a light rain and on the trip home averaged 100+ for 380 miles in the rain with no issues except for one slip accelerating out of a corner on the dragon. It was because I hit the painted center line and the TC made it a non issue. But I'm not suggesting anyone do this.

Mike

Falken 452/3s are pretty decent in the rain. This happened due to no tread on the tires, could happen with any tires. I would not malign an entire line of tires over this. Glad to hear your wife was OK, although they say a car can be replaced, something like this is absolutely heart-breaking.

its up for auction, I guess he decided to let someone else deal with the fixing sad.

Vin JH4NA21623T000052

yellow.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

it had yellow interior so cool looking

hgfdhgfd.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

there are a ton of NSX's at auctions right now geez guys slow down

with the low miles it should sell for at auction for about 19-30K

- - - Updated - - -

48,030 to be exact

with the low miles it should sell for at auction for about 19-30K

- - - Updated - - -

48,030 to be exact

If that's what it went for all I can say is, WOW.
I would have never guessed that high.
For that much it can't make any money for a yard if it is parted out. Someone will butcher it back together and
someone will think they are getting a bargain. So it goes.

That's crazy. If its copart I know a lot of overseas bidders transport these cars to Russia. Where exotics especially rare cars do almost triple what is payed in the states.

I'm guessing he was referencing the "low miles" with the 48.030....not the amount it sold for......if not I'll sell my perfect '05 for $200k, the Russians can have it. lol =p

I am extremely curious what the insurance company offered as the buyback price.

yeah its not sold yet, those were the miles on the clock, I have I mean we all have seen 02+ go for 25-30K easy. now 91-96 any miles, any condition can pull in 18500-26K all day long.

parting it out sure you could make some money but it would take a long time to part out. and how many yellow interiors are out there that people need spare parts ya know.

anyway it just sad to see another one thrown to the pit for vultures to pick the bones. I would have built it back to it beauty and so would have Pbassjo with pride.

the joy I get from seeing a broken hurt NSX drive away again makes it all worth it.

Hopefully somebody will pick it up for a decent price and get it fixed right. The big yellow banana.

Hopefully he will get another one with his money that won't be one with a salvage title.

I wouldn't mind a salvage title car as long as it was done right and the damage wasn't too extensive to begin with, for the right lower price. Then just drive it's wheels off.

It makes you wonder how many are left . . . as more and more bite the dust.

no the auction its at takes like months to get all the paperwork its the worst so its not sold yet it will sell for 25-35K with out a doubt

Well, Shawn, I know you have your eye on this one. I'll bet Macninja does too. Good luck to whoever purchases her for reclamation/restoration. It will cost some money to bring her back and she will forever be branded "salvage" but what a car.

wow, sorry to hear about your car bro.....i know how you feel...you're not the only one who ended up with a wrecked yellow nsx lol....glad your girl was ok....come to think of it, i was doing about 35 also, but i did a butt-load more damage than your car ended up with lol.....

Naaa Yellow is def NOT my color LOL Macninja can have it. I would split the cost with him if he ever calls me back. Mac is like my long lost brother LOL

Back