• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Mechanic for Dallas/Fort Worth area?

Hi all, sorry to resurrect an old thread, but wanted to ask your advice on who you take your NSX to for service in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Saw that some recommended Goodson Acura in Irving but heard they were having some problems a few years back with some dissatisfied NSX customers. I guess things change over time so wanted to see where you guys go for good NSX servicing. Thanks!

Hi there, No issues with Goodson myself, just had the TB/WP, Valve Cover Gaskets
and all of the Belts replaced 3 months ago. Just make sure to advise the service
advisor that you want Curtis only to wrench on your ride.... Good luck.

Book your service with Richard Furcht @ 214-379-5836 or 972-554-8705 @ Goodson.

That's about it up here unless you can take it down to Carl in Houston. He has a thread
in the Houston section.

I've took mine to David Mcdavid when i had clutch replace on my 91, no issues & smooth customer service from Tony Fontana, Carl is the NSX mechanic there if you have any question or concerns speak to him first b4 taking your ride in.
On the other hand, i recently took my 00 to Goodson & had clutch (sos 350) put on & Curtis/Mechanic did not follow
SOS's instructions on the damper delete & Richard Furcht/serv Rep ended up charging me 3 hours extra. I try to dispute it but to no avail, even had SOS/Chris chime in on the procedure & he said it should not take more than 8hrs, but it way went over that. Before they started, I made it clear to Richard that instructions from SOS should be strictly follow but was not & they made me pay.. Talk to manager Wayne still to no avail, but they made up for a bad main relay that went out 2 days later, Wayne & Curtis drove to the storage & fix it as a courtesy.... So moral of the story is, know what you are having replace & make sure they follow procedures so there wont be any issues or extra time charge.
GL...

Last edited:
I'd recommend our shop - SCW Performance. You can find us on Google! We mainly service Honda/Acura primarily, and we are NSX owners ourselves.

Hi there, No issues with Goodson myself, just had the TB/WP, Valve Cover Gaskets
and all of the Belts replaced 3 months ago. Just make sure to advise the service
advisor that you want Curtis only to wrench on your ride.... Good luck.

Book your service with Richard Furcht @ 214-379-5836 or 972-554-8705 @ Goodson.

That's about it up here unless you can take it down to Carl in Houston. He has a thread
in the Houston section.

Took my baby in to Goodson yesterday with the $650 timing belt coupon. I'm only at 50,000 miles but (like most of us) the 90k service is due time-wise.

Anyways, I just talked to Richard about 10 minutes ago. They had to call Comptech to see if there's any way to remove the water pump without taking the supercharger off. They confirmed there's not and it will take Curtis another 3-5 hours to the tune of ~$500 extra in labor.

Will keep you posted, but I'm a bit concerned that this was a surprise to them as I mentioned the Comptech package from the beginning. :frown:

UPDATE: Just got notified a few minutes ago that's she's done. The last thing they were worried about was sourcing the gasket for the CTSC and found out it was just a 'poured gasket' and had the means to make that happen.

timing belt, water pump, new drive belts, oil change, transmission service/flush, coolant service/flush, brake flush, valve cover gaskets, and new supercharger gasket along with tax, environmental charges, and labor for $2240.99

Seems like a lot, but considering what friends with other exotics have to deal with, I'm quite happy. :D Only problem now is the weather. I've never driven it in the rain before, maybe they'll let me keep the TSX loaner until this storm blows out. ;)

UPDATE2: The streets have dried out and she's back in my garage. All in all, it was about 700 for the timing belt, 450 for the water pump and other belts, 250 for oil/trans/brake flushes, $700 for labor. Car ran really well on the way home and I haven't seen any leaks yet, so that's good. :D

They still have the timing belt special going (originally it expired on 10/31), so take advantage while you can!

Last edited:
I'm friends with the senior Acura tech that works on the NSXs. Let me know if you need anything.

Back