• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX mentioned a few times in R&T article

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
May 16, 2001
Messages
1,363
Location
Detroit
I was at the barber shop reading Road&Track's article on surveys filled out by Miata owners. Over the years R&T has created owner surveys for various makes and models. 2001-2005 Miatas did very well compared to other models.

The article mentioned that according to their previous surveys:
-The NSX ranked first in reliability.
-When asked if they would purchase the car again?" 93% of NSX owners replied yes (highest %).
-When asked if they felt they were overcharged for service at the dealerships xx% of NSX owners answered yes (don't remember the number but it was second to last in ranking)
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
Jul 23, 2003
Messages
3,732
Location
Seattle, WA.
The article that features nsx was the only reason I was starting to look at nsx.
Before that, I always think it's old, exotic and unaffordable by my standard.

Then one day, I decided to yahoo "nsx", it led me to this forum... My whole life was changed.
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
Jun 3, 2005
Messages
81
Location
Livermore, CA
NSXDreamer2 said:
The article that features nsx was the only reason I was starting to look at nsx.
Before that, I always think it's old, exotic and unaffordable by my standard.

Then one day, I decided to yahoo "nsx", it led me to this forum... My whole life was changed.


Funny how that sort of thing can happen. OTOH, I've wanted one for years, my last purchased car was selected partly becuase of styling resemblence in some regards (96 Z28; integration of rear spoiler, general A and B pillar lines and windshield through hatch), now I have a 96 NSX to go with it... no comparison, obviously!

But the Z28 did cost a lot less new than I paid for the NSX used... ;) the latter being worth every penny and then some!

~Jon
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
Jun 18, 2005
Messages
5
I subscribe to R&T and keep all my back issues, so if anybody wants a scan of that owner's survey article (which boils down to A. no reliability issues, and B. every owner loves the NSX) just let me know.

I go back to work next Thurs, where I have access to the sweet mega-res scanner.
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
Apr 26, 2001
Messages
4,060
Location
Columbus, Ohio
nicholas421 said:
-When asked if they felt they were overcharged for service at the dealerships xx% of NSX owners answered yes (don't remember the number but it was second to last in ranking)

None of these surveys were taken in Columbus then, that is for sure.
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
Feb 4, 2000
Messages
27,000
Location
Chicago IL
JEC_31 said:
if anybody wants a scan of that owner's survey article (which boils down to A. no reliability issues, and B. every owner loves the NSX) just let me know.
No need. It's already in the FAQ, here.
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
Jun 18, 2005
Messages
5
Thanks - save the trouble of digging through the pile of 'zines (which takes absolutely forver because I stop to read the good ones!).
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
Aug 16, 2002
Messages
201
Location
Mystic, CT
That R&T owners survey article was what first got me to think seriously about buying a used NSX. I'm sure glad I saw that.
 
Top