• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Noob!

Hey all, getting my '05 Rio Yellow NSX in a couple weeks. Flying up to Portland to pick up the car, then driving down the coast with my dad back to Central Cal. Should be an amazing drive hugging the coastline and driving right through redwood country. My dream NSX was an all stock long beach pearl, but alas couldn't afford one when I found one, and then when I could afford one couldn't find one (at a reasonable price since NSX prices have skyrocketed in the past few years). I've always believed the best mod you can make is the driver and I'm no where near the driver I want to be. So that's the reason I've liked stock cars. When I felt that the driver was the limiting factor, then it'd be time to mod, however, this NSX has had some mods done to it (SOS Supercharger, Comptech headers, SOS exhaust, KW V3). Current owner took really good care of the car and built it right so I couldn't be happier.

Current rides are '08 S2000, '08 S2000 CR, '16 Focus RS. And the daily's are a minivan, 4Runner, and a Honda Fit EV.

Getting the timing belt, water pump, and gasket replaced before I drive it down. I'll enjoy the car as is, raise the height back to stock. That's pretty much it. Eventually maybe go back to OEM wheels (if I can find them), powder coat them gunmetal (currently riding on Strasse 3 piece wheels). Not a big track or auto-x guy, but I do love a good, twisty road. Seems like the Z2 tires are a favorite here. Normally a Bridgestone guy RE-070, RE-1/RE-11 not sure if those tires come in sizes for the NSX or if it's a good match for the car. A lot of people rave (including some magazines) about the Michelin Pilot SS, but personally don't like them at all. They're on my regular S2000 (garbage, big waste of $, NO grip. Stock RE-050's were far superior), and on my RS (came with the car, but actually a better match, but still overpriced in my opinion). So I'll lurk more but so far for spirited driving, seems like the Dunlop Z2's are the way to go. Any more input would be greatly appreciated.

Happy to be here.

Welcome from a fellow (former) S2000 owner who will eventually have another in the garage. You'll have lots of fun in the NSX on that trip!

Welcome from a fellow (former) S2000 owner who will eventually have another in the garage. You'll have lots of fun in the NSX on that trip!

Thanks! Interested to see what your thoughts are on the similarities and differences between the two. Both in terms of livability and in spirited driving. I know that a common mod was to switch out the steering wheel for the NSX for the S2000 wheel.

Congrats to you! NSX sounds REAL NICE! Document and all photos, please :wink:

Hope all your plans for acquiring and driving it back home come true.

alum04org in Michigan :smile:

P S Imola Orange still rules!

Hello LTWU....... I believe I know the NSX you are buying, it looks to be well cared for and in great shape. I see you still have the CR, you will enjoy driving the NSX which is very different from the CR in all regards.

~ Steven

Hello LTWU....... I believe I know the NSX you are buying, it looks to be well cared for and in great shape. I see you still have the CR, you will enjoy driving the NSX which is very different from the CR in all regards.

~ Steven

Steven! Hey! Didn't know you were a NSX owner as well. Our mutual friend made the intro.

Welcome and have a safe and joyous trip. You're going to LOVE it!

Back