• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX on Speed channel

AnYone saw the speed channel, featuring the NSX on "101 car you must drive" awesome review, great praise to our NSX.

thats was pretty cool:tongue:

Where did this clown get his information???? 2.0L V6 later pushed out to 3.0L ???

Basically the same engine as an acura sedan??

12.4 quarter miles???

Where did this clown get his information???? 2.0L V6 later pushed out to 3.0L ???

Basically the same engine as an acura sedan??

12.4 quarter miles???

Yeah, definitely didn't have all his facts straight and the only "stock" NSX that I ever saw run a 12.4 1/4 mile was a Type S-Zero on Best Motoring. Since it was a press car, stock is a rather loose term. :)

Pretty cool regardless. Even after all these years it is still a car people lust after.

Sounds like a typical gas station stranger encounter.

When this happens I like to explain the Honda V6 is the exact V8 used in the Formula 1 Indy cars with the front two cylinders removed. So if anyone else hears that story from a random person, it started with me.

RE: Two liters. Later he points out that later NSX's were beefed up to 3 liters. You NA2 guys better check your engine displacement.

One more goof: No stock NSX ever went 0-60 "in under five seconds", unless it was going down hill. But I learned one thing I didn't know. The NSX body was designed by Pininfarina? Or is that another goof?

I heard someone had a 2 liter NSX with two cylinders not working...lol This clip has been around for a while, I remember seeing post a while back.

I heard someone had a 2 liter NSX with two cylinders not working...lol This clip has been around for a while, I remember seeing post a while back.

Reposts are often condemned except by the inattentive like me.

RE: Two liters. Later he points out that later NSX's were beefed up to 3 liters. You NA2 guys better check your engine displacement.

One more goof: No stock NSX ever went 0-60 "in under five seconds", unless it was going down hill. But I learned one thing I didn't know. The NSX body was designed by Pininfarina? Or is that another goof?

correct, designed by Pininfarina.

Yup, facts are way off like how some examples are worth more now than they sold for when new. Hey as long as its in accurate information that makes the car look better, I'll take what I can get.

lol, nice facts.

Pinninfarina designed the NSX concept which looked NOTHING like the NSX. The NSX was designed by Ken Okuyama, but the car looks an awful lot like the Nissan Mid 4 Concept, which was designed in-house by Nissan.

Thanks for the link! Always cool to see the NSX on the screen! Only I didn't care for the fog lights, they make the car look buck-toothy (no offense to the owner of the car). I also noticed that it has the 2002 rear valence.

Anyway, Honda commissioned Pininfarina to design the HP-X, which looks nothing like our production NSX.

honda-hpx-big.jpg

The HP-X had a 2.0L engine, which is probably where the confusion came in.

lol, nice facts.

Pinninfarina designed the NSX concept which looked NOTHING like the NSX. The NSX was designed by Ken Okuyama, but the car looks an awful lot like the Nissan Mid 4 Concept, which was designed in-house by Nissan.

The Mid 4 does have a striking resemblance to the NSX. Too bad Nissan never built it. Probably just as good, since it probably wouldn't have been reliable as the NSX. ;)

Back