• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX+Out of State Purchases+'Trade Ins'= Brokers??

Hello!

First, let me say thanks for running such an awesome site. The carfax postings, and general helpfullness of all the people here have made my NSX hunt much more educated.

Second, I wanted to post in this forum to see if anyone had any experience with a purchase out of state where they wanted to offload a car they already owned in a 'Trade-in' situation.

The deal is that I still hold a note on my '02 SI hatch, and the market for the car is small, and they are one of the few Honda products that are just not loved enough to keep their resale value. So trading it in for book value is almost as good as spending the time/effort to try to sell it privately...

That being said, does anyone have a story/experience with a broker of some sort or a reccommendation on how to overcome this hurdle? It seems to me that finding the NSX Im looking for is going to make me wait damn near forever if I am restricted to looking locally or selling my car privately.

Finally, I have come down to the crossroad of S2K, or NSX (Im die hard Honda and I dont want anymore Back seats) ... oh, and I already had 3 CRX's ;) The S2K is so readily available, and easily accessible. Ill search here in a sec before I ask for a comparo ;)

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks!

I would sell your car outright, maybe try autotrader. You would really be limiting yourself if you just look locally for an NSX.

Good luck

I agree. You're really restricting yourself if you try to find some way to combine the trade-in of a used car with the purchase of another used car. Just sell it separately. You can sell it to a private party yourself, or, you can always sell it to a new/used car dealer (although you might not get as much as selling it to a private party).

I bought my 02 from a used car dealer and traded in my 93 on the deal. Dealer was out of state. Transaction went smooth. And actually a new member on the board ended up buying my old one from the dealer!

Good luck with your search.

Charlie

I don't know how transfers between different states work but I just bought Dave's (Tochigidream) car and he only had an electronic title. His financial institution is getting a paper title to sent to me which I need in order to register the car. It's not a big deal because it's still too early to drive the car but in a month or so it would really suck to own a car you can't drive.

Back