• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX owners who are in Aviation

What years on Big E?I was a Black Lion (VF-213) in the 80s
I cruised on the Big E during the '85 round the world cruise.* VS-21 my call sign was Raven. We actually have quite a few guys at Delta that were in the airwing during that time.* What are you doing now?

I'm an Embry Riddle graduate....I'm half aviation enthusiasts half car enthusiasts.

MIZZOUNCC, what year did you gradate? Nice to see another Embry Riddle gradaute here.

thats funny, 'riddle' pops up everywhere.
im an AE from prescott.

I cruised on the Big E during the '85 round the world cruise.* VS-21 my call sign was Raven. We actually have quite a few guys at Delta that were in the airwing during that time.* What are you doing now?
email [email protected]
I did the '86 and '88 cruises...
I knew a lot of S-3 guys (surfers)
And a # of BlackLions are also Delta.

I'm an Embry Riddle graduate....I'm half aviation enthusiasts half car enthusiasts.

MIZZOUNCC, what year did you gradate? Nice to see another Embry Riddle gradaute here.

Undergrad in 1983 at Keesler AFB MS. Graduate degree came out of Ramstein AFB GE in 1990. Didn't have the opportunity to go to DAB or Prescott.... which is where I'll guess you graduated from....

I work at a company that makes UAV's and our pilots are in a little control station on a military base. I'm sure that is not what they want to do, but at least they can't get shot down.

Okay here's a quick joke.. :smile:

Q.) How do you know when a Pilot is in the room?

A.) He tells you

Undergrad in 1983 at Keesler AFB MS. Graduate degree came out of Ramstein AFB GE in 1990. Didn't have the opportunity to go to DAB or Prescott.... which is where I'll guess you graduated from....

Yes, I graduated from DAB in 2002. It had its upsides but many distractions as well.

Good school nonetheless. Aviation certainly is a passion of mine and I'm glad to see fellow NSXer' s in the field.

I build and fly experimental aircraft. My 9th and 10th plane I currently own are a Baby Ace and a Firebolt. The Firebolt was reserve grand champion at Oshkosh in 2008. (google N4GW)
Nothing better than driving my recently aquired 2001 NSX to the airport and then climbing into the Firebolt behind a fuel injected 540 cubic inch fire breather doing rolls and strafing runs at 200 MPH then getting back in the NSX for more thrills on the way back home

I build and fly experimental aircraft. My 9th and 10th plane I currently own are a Baby Ace and a Firebolt. The Firebolt was reserve grand champion at Oshkosh in 2008. (google N4GW)
Nothing better than driving my recently aquired 2001 NSX to the airport and then climbing into the Firebolt behind a fuel injected 540 cubic inch fire breather doing rolls and strafing runs at 200 MPH then getting back in the NSX for more thrills on the way back home

Did you buy it buit or build it yourself? Looks beautiful in green and white with the yellow accent. Do you fly it competitively or "just" for fun. How much did it cost all told? I may want to pick one up myself... looks pretty sharp. Tell us more about it!

This is by far the coolest EXP aircraft. The guy, whoever he is, flies into san antonio a lot. Always try to give him an overhead pattern over the tower while departing airliners under him. It's a cool sight.

1297733.jpg

Last edited:
Took me 24 years to get my private (16 - 40)

200+ hrs C-172, I wasn't flying enough to feel competent so I let the medical expire a few years ago so I wouldn't be tempted to be a menace/statistic

I built the Firebolt along with George Wheeler who tought me how to build airplanes. The plane took 7000 hours over a 14 year period and $135K to build it. It was scratch built from blueprints. Sadly, George passed away from a battle with cancer two years before it was completed. It is my tenth airplane and the third I built. I do not compete with the Firebolt in aerobatic competitions but I do show the plane at air shows and fly-ins. It got second place at Oshkosh Wi. fly-in (The largest experimental aircraft show in the world) for craftmanship in the plans built catagory. It should have been first in my completely biased openion. It is powered by a Lycoming 540 Cu. In. fuel injected engine turning a Hartzell constant speed prop.
For those not familiar with these engines it is a 6 cylinder with a bore of 5 1/4" and 90 Cu.In. per cylinder. (Can you spell TORQUE)
Google search N4GW for a better picture.
I am new to Prime and if I can figure out how to post pictures I will do so. I have some good ones with the NSX next to it.

The resolution on my pic's is too high, I can only post one picture per post???
Sooo I will make three posts.
post #2 pic.!!!

Attachments

• IMG_7810.jpg
    IMG_7810.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 63
This is by far the coolest EXP aircraft. The guy, whoever he is, flies into san antonio a lot. Always try to give him an overhead pattern over the tower while departing airliners under him. It's a cool sight.

1297733.jpg
yeah, experimental LOL... The T-38 has been my dream aircraft since birth. I think it would be great to get a couple of them and dogfight. I may need a higher tax bracket for that though ;)

It actually is a privately owned T-38. Of course, civilians can't own military aircraft, so he found a way to get it registered as an experimental. He files his flight plan as a HXC, not a T38. No idea who the man is, but it is definitely loaded.

With this NSX/Aviation thread I was wondering if any burros will be in Witchita in October, if so please PM me. If you don't know what this post is about then please just ignore it.

Just starting aviation w/ 10 hours in the DA-40 but heading to undergraduate pilot training for the air force.

Where at? I'm at ASBC right now and will be in Laughlin by 24 May. IFS and UPT dates coming soon.

I've got about 40 hours PIC in 172s, but it's been years.

Back