• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsx paint upcharge.

I think the Acura paint upcharge is more then almost anyone else on the market including mclaren which has crazy option prices. Other then having more color choices do you think the paint jobs are that good?

$6000 is a big upcharge

The 2 andaro paint jobs are super nice

I have only seen the red in one the street and it makes the car look like a rolling jewel

I have seen the blue indoors and didn't get the full effect

For reference, I believe Ferrari charges [FONT=georgia, times new roman, times, serif]$12,486 Rosso Corsa metallic paint and about $24K for Blu Scuro.[/FONT]

[FONT=georgia, times new roman, times, serif]I believe their triple layer yellow is also a big upcharge item.

With those points in mind, I don't think the andaro color upcharges are out of bounds.

That being said, I went with the no upcharge 130R white as I liked it best.
[/FONT]

Ferrari can charge what they want. I did se the blue outdoors and it was amazing. On of the best paint jobs I have ever seen.

I would agree $6000 upcharge for paint??? I will keep my search for 130R White :smile: or Source Silver which is a $700 upcharge

From what I've seen the paint quality is high on all the 2017 NSXes, no matter which color you choose. Smooth finishes even on the no-upcharge colors. I don't know what extra work if any goes into applying the Andaro paint but the materials themselves aren't thousands of dollars more expensive. Ford charges $395 for Andaro red on the Fusion and $495 for two Andaro colors on the Lincoln MKZ.

Seen the blue pearl in person many times here.It just looks like a high dollar Subaru wrx to me... If Acura wants the exotic playing field as a competitor, maybe they should look to their roots in Japan with more vibrant colors. Just my take. White, blue, black and grey is boring.............

For example, being just moved to SW Florida, I see many 570s’s. Even the grey or silver ones look like katana blades slicing through the sun with sleek lines. The nsx, kinda steroid civic with the same colors..

For example, being just moved to SW Florida, I see many 570s’s. Even the grey or silver ones look like katana blades slicing through the sun with sleek lines. The nsx, kinda steroid civic with the same colors..

Come out to C&C on Oct 29th and you'll get to see my new Blue. It's worth the 6k.

Doc would love to see your nsx. I am actually down in Delray this morning 10/22/2017 through tomorrow. Staying with family at four seasons off 441. Wanna take me for a ride?

FWIW

2018 Porsche 911 (991) Metallic paints= $720; Special colors = $3150; PTS (paint to sample...3-6 month wait) $6960

The Andaro paints really have to be seen in person in sunlight to appreciate it. Like you, I was skeptical of the paint and couldn't imagine how it could be worth such a price. I even saw a blue one at a local auto show, and while it was nice, it didn't look that much better than many of the other blue pearl/metallics on other brands.

I still bit the bullet and decided on the VR because I did like that colour. But it wasn't until I drove out of the dealership and into the sunlight that I "got it." I have never regretted getting that colour, and if I had to do it over again I would get the same in a heartbeat.

Now I really want to see the blue in sunlight.

I bought my blue one sight-unseen based on photos and my desire for blue. I picked it up Thursday and I'm very happy with my decision. It's an interesting color in that it changes by the lighting and I like that. It really looks great against the orchid interior.

I was at a shop in Boca Raton in 2015 and they were wrapping two Porsche 918s and one of them had the window sticker in the car and it had a line for the optional paint which by the way I didn't think was that great but the option was $63,000. No that is not a mistake $63,000!!!

I was at a shop in Boca Raton in 2015 and they were wrapping two Porsche 918s and one of them had the window sticker in the car and it had a line for the optional paint which by the way I didn't think was that great but the option was $63,000. No that is not a mistake $63,000!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQnxe80cP9c

I like the blue in darker lights. When the sun hits it, it looks a bit cheap which we know isn’t. Just my take. I like the 130r and the curva red.
C09049E7-C82B-478E-8554-04E153ABF0B7.jpeg

I was on the fence between white and blue but the second I saw the blue in person, I was sold on the color. It's so special and gorgeous looking. Should have it pretty soon 🤗

Last edited:
I think the Acura paint upcharge is more then almost anyone else on the market including mclaren which has crazy option prices. Other then having more color choices do you think the paint jobs are that good?

$6000 is a big upcharge

Not sure if you are aware but BMW Individual colors such as our Dakar Yellow M3 was $5500 so it's right on par with what most mfr. are doing.

BMW has as paint option for $10k as well :)

At the end of the day, buy what you like, don't worry so much about the money since this is something you have to look at everyday.

I think for the blue pearl car, it needs the interwoven wheels or the Y spoke in a silver finish. But what Rick says, buy what you wish! We’ll still be here to comment on it. :)

Back