• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Parts Price Increase April 1st

Mostly hearsay on Facebook threads and some owners. The increase was confirmed by Kaz on FB and since he's directly connected to Honda JP and knows their pricing schedule I'm sure that's really the case. I wish I knew where to get that kind of info myself.

The increases are usually once or twice per year. They are communicated to Honda dealers/official parts vendors and are not public information. The parts vendors then communicate to customers, if they choose to do so. What's different this year is the amount of the increase- it's apparently considerably more than the typical annual adjustment.

**Edit** - T3TEC also confirmed it on their social media.

Last edited:
If they increase during a certain time of year, do they decrease in other times?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen bits and pieces of information about this recently but nothing particularly "official" looking. Is this legit or an April fools joke?

FWIW these are the confirmations I've seen:

Marc Perez spoke about it, Kaz confirmed it on FB, and according to [MENTION=18194]Honcho[/MENTION] T3TEC confirmed it as well

I was going to ask about this today too. ATR racing also mentioned it on their page as well. Google search shows up nothing, but I am probably not searching for the right terms. This is something that is probably more prominent to those in the import/export business.

I think used car parts in general are also rising in price.

Seems confirmed by multiple sources in JP. The T3TEC blog post about it is here (http://tyiz.jp/NSX/BBS/bbs/bbr.cgi). There seems to already be a big parts run before the official price increase on April 1st so I'm trying to finalize an order of a bunch of stuff I've been holding off of to hedge against a huge price increase, and I'm sure there are plenty of parts going out of stock that won't be back before April.

From what's translated, it seems like some transmission parts will be doubling or tripling in price, so 6-speeds will become even more expensive and probably other gearsets. Other items mentioned for big increases are headlights but I haven't seen posts about other specific items, maybe radiators and hoses as well.

***MODERATOR NOTE***

Merged some of the posts from Tyler's blog to here, to align the subject matter.

First off, the good news is that at least Honda appears to be doing production runs for critical and perhaps not so critical parts. For parts that have a low turnover on a car that had exceedingly low production volumes, some of those parts may have been in inventory for many years and if pricing (and carrying costs) was based on production costs 15 years ago a significant change in price for new production would be in the cards.

Best place to buy a hose set for a 1997?

This was Honda Japan internal news. We had notice from the start of March.

Last edited:
I emailed MITA the same question yesterday. The answer was unfortunately no. :(

Last edited:
I emailed MITA the same question yesterday. The answer was unfortunately no. :(
I have asked. I ordered the Horn Button and Hub kit on March 8 which has not shipped yet.

Last edited:
Sorry, rush of large orders the past few weeks before April 1st.

Sent from my SM-G9980 using Tapatalk

Back