• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Parts Price Increase April 1st

So was this an April Fool's Joke?
It was the kick in the pants for me to finally place a large order for OEM parts for my engine build, but according to the dealer where I bought my stuff, there was no word of a huge price increase, much less a price increase at all. They said historically, they would see maybe a 1.9% increase, but never 100% or 200% increase, ever.

It was the kick in the pants for me to finally place a large order for OEM parts for my engine build, but according to the dealer where I bought my stuff, there was no word of a huge price increase, much less a price increase at all. They said historically, they would see maybe a 1.9% increase, but never 100% or 200% increase, ever.
No. All websites in Japan are still updating prices.

Sent from my SM-G9980 using Tapatalk

If you historically order your parts from a US Dealership or a US Dealership website you won’t see much of an increase if any. But if you routinely buy from the Japan based parts supplier you’ll see it. Acura in the US is typically leaps and bounds higher than buying direct from Japan so increasing costs stateside would be suicide. But direct from Japan was usually 50-70% cheaper. I think we are about to see prices align.

For example...late model abs unit:
Previous Japan price: $700-$900
Previous US price: $3500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand this may change in the coming days as websites are updated, but so far I'm releived to see only minor increases of 1-3%.

If the rumored hikes turn out to be much smaller, it will be excellent news for all of us.

I'm curious to see the price changes and everything goes up with time but a 100%-200% sudden price increase sounds a bit extreme.

I don't think they ever claimed 100-200% price increase across the board. It was only a few things that they saw going up, and it's important to focus on those things so you can order them while they're cheap.

While I do admit the messages have been vague, even if it's only a 1-3% increase then it should be good news right?

The timing of the price increase, however, is just unfortunate. :rolleyes:

I don't think they ever claimed 100-200% price increase across the board. It was only a few things that they saw going up, and it's important to focus on those things so you can order them while they're cheap.

While I do admit the messages have been vague, even if it's only a 1-3% increase then it should be good news right?

The timing of the price increase, however, is just unfortunate. :rolleyes:
We're almost finished updating the website for the new prices.

How bad is it in terms of increases?
Some items that we used to sell quite well probably will not be popular anymore. The increase made is not desirable anymore at all.

I've checked with Amayama and most mechanical parts to keep the car running didn't show an excessive price change. Maybe they've not updated them so far.
Could it be that some 'fancy' parts like steering wheels, body parts like rear valence or Type S or R parts then?

I've checked with Amayama and most mechanical parts to keep the car running didn't show an excessive price change. Maybe they've not updated them so far.
Could it be that some 'fancy' parts like steering wheels, body parts like rear valence or Type S or R parts then?
Navigation dock
Stabilizer bar
5 Speed NSX-R Gears (Countershaft about 2X the cost now).
Front lip spoilers
Fender Liners
Shift boots (all)
Shift knob (perforated only it seems)
Radiator Hoses (some hoses went up 3x).
ABS (some lines went up 2x. Modulator seems same price).
NSX-R Headliner (though not in stock...)
And more.

Thanks for the list. I only see the radiator hoses as critical parts and they were not overly expensive in the past.

Not to defend Honda, but tuning parts like Type R gearsets have been quite 'cheap' for a long time. Tuning an NSX will get more expensive than it was before. At least Honda keeps the parts producing and supplying.

I had a little shock when I had look into 3000GT parts catalog, over $500 for one sleeve/hub set and badest of all, most of the gearbox internal parts were out of production. Not sure how bad it is with a 300ZX or RX-7.

I don't think they've been updated yet, prices still the same. They're not a Honda specific supplier so I'm guessing it will take longer for them. Ordering now will probably result in them auto-cancelling it once they go to order from Honda until they update.

Navigation dock
Stabilizer bar
5 Speed NSX-R Gears (Countershaft about 2X the cost now).
Front lip spoilers
Fender Liners
Shift boots (all)
Shift knob (perforated only it seems)
Radiator Hoses (some hoses went up 3x).
ABS (some lines went up 2x. Modulator seems same price).
NSX-R Headliner (though not in stock...)
And more.

At least the ABS modulator is the same. The lines and hoses weren't too expensive anyways. The R gears might change some people's cost/benefit decision though, maybe more towards aftermarket options. I should've gotten the nav dock already :frown:

Thanks for the list. I only see the radiator hoses as critical parts and they were not overly expensive in the past.

Not to defend Honda, but tuning parts like Type R gearsets have been quite 'cheap' for a long time. Tuning an NSX will get more expensive than it was before. At least Honda keeps the parts producing and supplying.

I had a little shock when I had look into 3000GT parts catalog, over $500 for one sleeve/hub set and badest of all, most of the gearbox internal parts were out of production. Not sure how bad it is with a 300ZX or RX-7.

Right, I'd take a more expensive part over discontinuation every time. Especially for gearsets and hoses that might need replacing more than once.

I drove a friend's 3000GT VR4 that's a well-kept car overall but the shifter/trans action was like stirring a pot of gravy. Maybe that's the best it can get if he can't get replacement parts.

So this seems to have gone a bit quiet . . .

From what I've looked at so far, though there have been some parts where there has been a large increase, for most parts the price increase is in line with the single digit percentage increase that you'd see in any other year. So not catastrophic.

Have I missed something, or is that about right?

Back