• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Parts Quote -- OE Toolkit

Thanks for the quick responses... I've e-mailed Barn-man and John Vasos.

My OE toolkit was destroyed by exhaust heat from a defective aftermarket exhaust. See more details here -> http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum13/HTML/000145.html

------------------
Manuel C
www.geocities.com/mcantoria/mc-toys.html

sig-front-top-100h.jpg
sig-left-front-100h.jpg
sig-rear-100h.jpg

chris, does that include the oem air compressor and if so is it working? what year is the tool set. the reason i ask is because i've notice newer years seem to have many more tools in the set. thanks.

------------------
Xane Ze

>>newer years seem to have many more tools in the set.

This is not my observation. On the 97, 98 and 99 NSX's I've seen recently the toolkit is identical to the original 91 model year.

Checked with Russ @ Gold Coast Acura. Here's some prices: compressor is 242.50,jack is 235.31, gauge is 28.26, foam is 92.18, lug wrench is 15.09, screwdriver and handle is 17.17 . Total for everything is 630.51
redface.gif

John

Originally posted by Soichiro:
>>newer years seem to have many more tools in the set.

This is not my observation. On the 97, 98 and 99 NSX's I've seen recently the toolkit is identical to the original 91 model year.

well i'm guessing you observed a '91 with a newer tool kit upgraded from a later year. i've seen kits that have at least 50%less tools in the kit. the foam tray doesn't even have a spot to put the additional tools so a different tray is used: http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Reference/1991-1992_parts_catalog/1-k2.jpg

------------------
Xane Ze

[This message has been edited by xane ze (edited 04 January 2002).]

Originally posted by ScienceofSpeed:
The tools are identical for all years NSX.

-- Chris

that's strange. i'm starting to feel very lucky. i guess i'm the only one out there that has twice as many tools. is this what you have?:

lesstools.jpg

my tool set looks like this:

moretools.jpg

so do i have a one of a kind item? if so, maybe it'll go up for auction on ebay.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Xane Ze

[This message has been edited by xane ze (edited 28 December 2001).]

My '96 has the "less complete" tool kit. When did they change?

I checked my NSX and owe Xane an apology - there does seem to be two different kits involved. My 91 had the older one with less tools.

I suspect the more complete kit (with the extra tools) was standard equipment on the NSX in Europe for all years but not in North America.

If you can find out the part number for the foam tray for the more complete kit, it will be easy to verify, since any part that was intended for the North American market ends in A00, A01, etc.

The euro NSX has a large toolkit, thats for ALL euro NSX's.

Since the CND NSX is close to an euro NSX, i wonder if the CND have the large toolkit as well.
I did notice though that the compressor in the image on this page, is different from the one i have in mine.....

Dutchy

Back