• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Road Model Testing at VIR This Week

Who's taking pictures of the testing today!

Per the original thread, hard to do because most of the surrounding land is private. Probably why Honda picked VIR, lol. :)

Need a friend with a small airplane...

Looks like the OP gave a fake date to keep the Mother Honda at bay. Shucks.

Honda has bigger problems than photos of this car. They are still trying to work out the cost of the car, and how they managed to overlook cost of the production facility in their pricing matrix.

They are still trying to work out the cost of the car, and how they managed to overlook cost of the production facility in their pricing matrix.

Source?

EDIT: saw the post on tov. Man, I really find it difficult to believe. The production facility would be considered a fixed cost and is the first thing calculated in a Break Even Profit formula.

Last edited:
Mitch,
That is a most distressing post for it implies that the project could potentially be cancelled due to economic issues. The matters you listed are by no means trivial.

Source?

EDIT: saw the post on tov. Man, I really find it difficult to believe. The production facility would be considered a fixed cost and is the first thing calculated in a Break Even Profit formula.

Hmmm just more and more problems with this huh

Mitch,
That is a most distressing post for it implies that the project could potentially be cancelled due to economic issues. The matters you listed are by no means trivial.

I know. The project is still moving forward, but with a sharp increase in the projected cost of the car, unless they can get someone to authorize the absorption of the cost of the facility in some other way.

As for source....I wish I could say, but I do not want to get them in trouble. But I only mention this to share with you guys, as I rarely post anymore, and want to try to help keep my friends here in the loop.

Absorption into the Acura general budget...I think increased Acura sales due to this car would make up for it...

I know. The project is still moving forward, but with a sharp increase in the projected cost of the car, unless they can get someone to authorize the absorption of the cost of the facility in some other way.

As for source....I wish I could say, but I do not want to get them in trouble. But I only mention this to share with you guys, as I rarely post anymore, and want to try to help keep my friends here in the loop.

It's a 70 million dollar facility that consists of mostly plant construction. Considering that Honda is building a 470 million transmission facility in Mexico, this is just a fraction of the cost. In addition, consider that the facility's cost is amortized over 10+ years.

So if Honda sells just 15,000 NSX 2.0s in 10 years it comes out to an initial amortized cost of $4,666.67 per car for the facility. Of course, this isn't considering all of the depreciation/non-cash expenses that will decrease taxable income and the currency advantages of building in the US.

If Honda beancounters can't make this work, well, they have bigger issues than not having a sports car in their lineup. I'd wager the tooling costs to produce the ZDX and CRZ and send them to the US cost more.

TRC is next to Honda R&D in Raymond,Ohio. I guess they wanted a road course to test on but why not Mid-Ohio ? It's less than an hour away ? Perhaps it is too obvious a place to test

Back