• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX(s) at the OC Auto Show!

So I dropped in to the OC auto show today for a bit. As soon as I pull into the parking garage, there lay a beautifully kept late model red NSX with its targa off parked in a space. Had a custom plate but can't remember what it read.
Walked in to the halls, checked out the booths. Audi R8 does sure look nice in person. Then went downstairs into the "custom" car area. Over in one corner is a section for automotive learning sponsored by some local colleges and displaying various cars. Sitting by its lonesome away from the madness, was a Zanardi NSX. I spot it from far away, wondering if its authentic or not. Nobody is around but I figured it was going to be locked up. Lucky enough, it wasn't. :cool: I get in and sit for what was probably ten minutes. Between the seats, sure enough, is that authentic Zanardi plaque. The number on the plaque? "00" !!!. Is this the original one they made for Alex Zanardi? It only had 9000 miles on it or thereabouts. Anyway, finally I'm able to track someone working in that section down, and he knows nothing about the NSX other than "its so pretty, such a shame its gone." I ask if it was for sale, but no, just for display.

Oh yeah, there was one of those widebody veilside modded NSX's elsewhere on display. I have to say it looks better and more "realistic" in person than in the photos.

So if you guys can, head over to the autoshow and verify that I wasn't just hallucinating! Its on till Sunday only at the anaheim convention center.

-Nick

Oh yeah, there was one of those widebody veilside modded NSX's elsewhere on display. I have to say it looks better and more "realistic" in person than in the photos.

-Nick

The Veilside NSX is Garrie's. He posts up on Prime under the name Firesun.

nsx3.jpg

I too saw the Zanardi sitting in the corner unattended, all alone. And as you say it was totally unlocked.

It is indeed an authentic Zanardi, and the "00" number on the plaque may indicate it was a press car. It is lo mileage but the paint is in very sad condition. Terribly scratched up. Also the rear bumper has been repainted. And the driver's seat bolster looks like only overweight people ever crawled into it as the leather is all scratched and worn.

Interesting too, it had a Virginia state saftey inspection decal on the windshield but no plates.

Who knows what it was doing there, not in any official booth or anything, just looking beat up and sad....

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but last year I remember somebody posting a photo of #00 at Rio Hondo College. I believe the school was in possession of it for educational purposes and it was scheduled to be destroyed afterwards.

I saw #00 back on September 26, 2018 with 9,114 miles on the odometer.

Zanardi 00 - Front Quarter - Sept 26 2018.jpg

Zanardi 00 - Rear Quarter - Sept 26 2018.jpg

Zanardi 00 - Number Plaque - Sept 26 2018.jpg

Zanardi 00 - 9114 Miles - Sept 26 2018.jpg

Last edited:
Back