• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Sale Status

I've has some thoughts of selling my NSX recently - no real reason other than I don't drive it much. I've been watching the for sale section and from my less than formal math, I haven't seen anything sold in over a month on prime. Maybe I missed something but several cars that I thought would have sold are just sitting there. Are cars getting sold, but at a discount from what we've seen in the past due to the economy / stock market or are good low mileage "A" cars not moving either?

I know it's a terrible time to sell anything (houses, sports and luxury cars) but for those of us who pay cash and live below our means, it is an excellent time to buy. I just picked up a 2007 Escalade for my wife with 30K on it for $32K that stickered at right under $70K when it sold 18 months ago.

My questions is - are any NSXs selling at all right now?

I think I'll keep mine and enjoy it on the rare days I get it out and drive it.

I'd only sell it if you really need the cash otherwise, keep it and enjoy on those brief occassions. If you are like me and have it paid off then there is no reason to let it go especially in this bad market.:wink:

This is a very bad time to sell any thing. Hold on to it if you're not financially stressed.

I too had these thoughts.
I actually had mine up for sale recently with no real buyers, just tire kickers.
I have since taken it off the market and am now using it as a DD.

My questions is - are any NSXs selling at all right now?
I think I'll keep mine and enjoy it on the rare days I get it out and drive it.

If someone is a real buyer with cash yes they will buy. I got my asking price back in May but it took me 3 months assuming your car is clean needs nothing major.

I'd only sell it if you really need the cash otherwise, keep it and enjoy on those brief occassions. If you are like me and have it paid off then there is no reason to let it go especially in this bad market.:wink:

Other than the 40% loss in my investment accounts (401K, after tax accounts, etc), no financial stress - at least nothing more than the average person in this crap economy. All my stuff is paid for with cash. Being a CFO, it's my nature to live within my means and not buy something I can't pay for outright.

Maybe I'll take the cover off and drive it later this week on a sunny day!

You can always drive it to that concert you and your wife are going to this week. Who are you seeing again? :wink:

Other than the 40% loss in my investment accounts (401K, after tax accounts, etc), no financial stress - at least nothing more than the average person in this crap economy. All my stuff is paid for with cash. Being a CFO, it's my nature to live within my means and not buy something I can't pay for outright.

Mate we are all hurting in terms of our investments (exception might be Steveny as he's becoming quite the legend).

Take the cover off and drive the car daily if you can. I drove my Jeep today and regret not having taken the NSX...:frown:

I got a great deal on a slightly modded '03. So good I decided I'd go ahead and sell my '91 after buying the new one. Normally I wouldn't do this.

I guess now I get to test the waters and see how long it takes my '91 to sell...hoping less than 6 months!

On the flip side it allowed me to get most of my mods off the car.
:smile:

It is definitely a buyer's market. I thought I "lowballed" the dealership where I bought my 04 from. They accepted almost my exact offer. I thought I got a phenomenal deal, but as time passes perhaps I could have offered even less.

Wonder how long before the book values fall? They just went up on the early cars about 6 to 8 months ago, but now they may drop. This in turn will affect insurance claim payouts:eek:.

Tytus

Back