• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX successor price

Timpo said:
Not bad at all for V10 sportscar. This will be a good competitor of Z06 :biggrin:

I am absolutely not afraid about the new NSX pricing issue because if they want to do the same effect as the original NSX did in 1990, the new car will have to show extraordinary performance at fraction price of its direct competition and maybe at virtually same price as the NSX...

I doubt that the current Honda president can already be sure about the price range for a car that will appear in 3-4 years. How can he predict the inflation rates and the development of the global economy? Does he even know if he's still the Honda president in 3 years? :wink:

NSX-Racer said:
I doubt that the current Honda president can already be sure about the price range for a car that will appear in 3-4 years. How can he predict the inflation rates and the development of the global economy? Does he even know if he's still the Honda president in 3 years? :wink:

Yes. He does. If you have ever studied Honda's infrastructure at all, you would know that to.

Most likely can't get one for sticker when it first comes out. Options on it will increase the price even more. Ofcourse it excludes tax. Eitherway, it'll be over 100k

Juice said:
Yes. He does. If you have ever studied Honda's infrastructure at all, you would know that to.
It seems that you took a little joke for serious - I added the smiley for a reason. And, no, I didn't study Honda's infrastructure - why should I? I bought 2 NSXs 'til now - Honda should study my infrastructure because I'm the customer and not vice versa.

Hey

Question I noticed they showed the HSC , anyone know if there's any possibility they might still make the HSC as a Cayman fighter? I saw it once in person and really love that car.

cmarsh90 said:
The C6 Z06 is going to be 65K, much different territory, IMO than $90K.

The Z06 will be 65K, just like the C6 is 45K. Try finding one for less than 53K. I would bet a Z06 will not sell for less than 73K. Still, that is one hell of a car for 73K and in 3 years we can get them for 35K! :)

SpeedAddict said:
Not necessarily. The viper is usually compared with the Z06 and that runs about $90k.

Who the hell pays 90K for a GEN III Viper? All day long for the the low 60's and 70's for 04's with no miles.

NSX-Racer said:
It seems that you took a little joke for serious - I added the smiley for a reason. And, no, I didn't study Honda's infrastructure - why should I? I bought 2 NSXs 'til now - Honda should study my infrastructure because I'm the customer and not vice versa.

Sorry, I knew after I typed that it would be viewed as condesending. My bad. My point was that Mr. Fukui will not be going anywhere for a while. Short of being involved in a scandle the size of Mr. Honda's involvement with Mugen, Mr Fukui will be locked into his position for a minimum tenure. Honda does not like to shuffle it's positions around very often, and they only do so with much planning. Also, everything is tied to a timeline. This is exactly why he feels so safe making the slew of claims he recently made. They have handed the reigns over to him and now he has and will have control over everything Honda.

nsxtacey said:
Most likely can't get one for sticker when it first comes out. Options on it will increase the price even more. Ofcourse it excludes tax. Eitherway, it'll be over 100k

I was at my Acura dealer today - took the wife's 05 RL in for regular service - and chatted with the serivce manager whom I know fairly well. According to the info that Acura provided to his dealer, the new NSX is at least 3-4 years off and dealers have been advised not to accept deposits on the car. The price will be in the $125-150K range. HP is expected to be about 400.

Like everything else on these forums regarding the new NSX, his info may be based on heresay or semi-educated speculation.

Has any one thought that it might look the same?????? They just configured the body with the new engine? If that is the case I'll stay with the older one's because the gas is going to be half the price. hahahaha!!!! :biggrin:

it's gotta have more than 400 right? why would they even bother, it would still be overpiced and underpowered for its class

cmarsh90 said:
The C6 Z06 is going to be 65K, much different territory, IMO than $90K.

Options will push the price up over $70K....probably around $72-73,000.

And the fit/finish won't be anything close to the next NSX (or whatever it's going to be called)....

rickysals said:
it's gotta have more than 400 right? why would they even bother, it would still be overpiced and underpowered for its class

Again, this particular service manager was relaying the briefing that his dealership got from Honda America HQ, so not necessarily an official release of information. Regarding the 400 HP, the thinking (again, third or forth hand) was that the car must not classified as a gas guzzler. Currently, there is only one car on the market with 400 HP or more that is not a gas guzzler - the C6.

Options will push the price up over $70K....probably around $72-73,000.

And the fit/finish won't be anything close to the next NSX (or whatever it's going to be called)....

Obviously the current NSX has better fit and finish, and other things the C6 doesn't have. The point is in my mind, as a consumer, a $90K car is a different market than a $65 or even $72K car, it's just not the same market, at least in my mind.

cmarsh90 said:
Obviously the current NSX has better fit and finish, and other things the C6 doesn't have. The point is in my mind, as a consumer, a $90K car is a different market than a $65 or even $72K car, it's just not the same market, at least in my mind.

Cmarch is correct- two different kinds of cars. They drive a hell of alot different too hahaha!!!!!

The price will be in the $125-150K range. HP is expected to be about 400.

If this is the case, then the new NSX is going to be as rare as the original, because very few people are going to be willing to buy that! Like the original, I'd much rather wait a couple of years, and get a well taken care of one at a much lower price.

Back