• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX to be on cover of Forza Motorsport on XBOX

For those that play videogames or like to see an NSX in the media I just read an interesting article on IGN.com. According to them the box cover art for Forza Motorsport will be the sweet blue NSX I've attached to this post. I was gonna buy the game anyway, now its a no-brainer. Anyone know if this NSX is from Prime?

Attachments

• forzansx.jpg
    forzansx.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 1,456
A few more pics of the car:

118_1840.jpg

118_1846.jpg

If I remember right, Honda had that NSX in their booth one year at SEMA. I tried to find pictures on Honda's Media site, but it's been too far back.

the game looked amazing at E3. Of course, I am rather biased in favor of Microsoft

Really? I wasn't very impressed with Forza's visuals when I played it at E3. Of course, I am rather biased in favor of Sony. :D

Regardless, I'm always glad to see the NSX get more exposure...nice to see it on the cover of such a high profile game.

akira3d said:
Really? I wasn't very impressed with Forza's visuals when I played it at E3. Of course, I am rather biased in favor of Sony. :D

Regardless, I'm always glad to see the NSX get more exposure...nice to see it on the cover of such a high profile game.

It was more the physics I was impressed with, although I obviously need to spend time with the game to get a really good feel. When it comes to racing games, physics is the most important to me; variety of cars next; and the ability to tweak or color your car last. But that's just me :)

I think my favorite game to-date is still 355 Challenge on the Dream Cast. Awesome physics and tracks.

yes, that is duke's car. and being a good friend of his, it is confirmed that his car has been shot for the cover of this game. we were shown the concepts of the cover layout, and what it might look like. it was said that his car MAYBE photo-edited to be orange on the final cover rather than his custom kandy blue. the art director felt that colors: blue and red are way too associated with "Gran Turismo" and felt that he'd want to steer away from that by changing duke's nsx to orange... cant' wait..

and yes, it was also at SEMA 2003 for honda of america's booth...

I got a chance to playtest Forza in August, and was quite impressed. I really like the physics they're going with.
Oh, and while in Seattle i stopped by Gamewerx and they had a full cabinet running 355. Just incredible. Of course i had to wait in line for the kids that couldnt figure out how to keep from spinning out, but it was worth it.

:biggrin: Release date for the game is 1/26/05 :biggrin:
I just had a chance to play an early release using a modified NSX :smile: :smile: and it is a BLAST :biggrin:

I felt like I was back on the track. You can mod the car and race against many other popular competitors brands. The only thing was limited track choices in the version I was playing. I hope that the game includes some of the most popular real tracks around the world.

Can't wait to get my hands on this game. Now I have a reason to finally buy and XBox for my son. He gets Halo 2 and I get Forza :eek: :eek:

Happy Holidays to all

I don't think I'm breaking any NDAs to say that I've played it (a recent build), drove mostly the 360 CS, and it was AWESOME. The producer on the product gave me a great demo too of someone who actually has practice playing and I was blown away.

I like the physics a LOT better than the Grand Turismo games -- having driven many of the exotics in the game, it felt a lot more 'real' than the 'sim (harder to control than reality)' or 'arcade (doesn't feel like reality at all)' feel of GT and other racing sims.

I am hoping this will replace my all time favorite racing game, 355 Challenge on the Dreamcast (and arcade), especially with the vareity of cars.

BUY IT :)

ps. on a side note, and as a game designer myself, it always amuses me when a car game is significantly harder than real life. For example, I've driven the real car on the real track in real life, and then played that car on that same track in a racing game an a. it's more difficult to control than reality and b. it doesn't react physically like reality. *sigh*

Last edited:
Z18 said:
I am hoping this will replace my all time favorite racing game, 355 Challenge on the Dreamcast (and arcade), especially with the vareity of cars.
Better than 355Challenge? Thats a pretty tall order, even for Forza. Never before have developers had such irregard towards playability and a learning curve.... I love that game

paladin said:
Better than 355Challenge? Thats a pretty tall order, even for Forza. Never before have developers had such irregard towards playability and a learning curve.... I love that game

I agree, and I'm not willing to say 'better' yet. I didn't get enough playtime (was up to visit MSFT and hung with the Forza guys briefly). Am hoping it's better or at least as good (plus has more cars).

Z,

have you seen GT4I? If so, could you compare the two. I am debating between buying a X-box and a PS2 just for their racing games(GT4 Vs. Forza)

NSXLuvr said:
Z,

have you seen GT4I? If so, could you compare the two. I am debating between buying a X-box and a PS2 just for their racing games(GT4 Vs. Forza)

Thats actually a really tough one. in my heart, i have to admit i am more excited about gt 4 than forza, just because i know how well that series has been.
I have played Forza, and liked it alot, but i have all the consoles so i'll get both :biggrin:
pre-game analysis:
look for gt4 to be a bigger more complete game. You'll have more to do, more cars, more tracks, etc

The final cover doesn't look anything like Duke's car. The only similarities are that its a blue w/ '02+ headlights. The lower fascia/spoiler, hood, decals, etc are all completely different.

Nonetheless, it is nice to see an NSX front & center on a racing game. :)

aw man... whats with the 02 headlights, and KEEPING the pre-02 turn bumper signals... :confused: where's the tech advisor/director? but never the less, it looks pretty cool....

02 headlights, blue, and acura logo are about the only things similar between the cover car and duke's car....

Back