• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Type-S and R Seat Questions

I'm in the market to buy authentic NSX Type-S or R seats to complete my Spa Yellow build and was hoping someone can decipher these codes for me.

YR187L&1: Black leather with orange alcantara inserts?

YR187L&237: No idea on this one. Any thoughts?

NH188L&1 ?

NH188L&199 ?

R124L ?

B93L: Full blue alcantara?

B93L&1: Black leather with blue alcantara inserts?

B93L&14 ?

Last edited:
YR187L&1: Orange Alcantara

YR187L&237: Orange Alcantara

---Maybe the &1 and &237 determine if it's trimmed in Black Leather or Black Alcantara?

NH188L&1 Black Alcantara

NH188L&199 Black Alcantara

---This is my best guess, it could be black jersey but I'm pretty sure it's black alcantara, again not sure on the &1 and &199

R124L Red (not sure if alcantara or Jersey fabric) - See my EDIT below

B93L: Blue Alcantara

---I actually have never seen this code, it's always been &1 and &14 in my research

B93L&1: Blue Alcantara

B93L&14: Blue Alcantara

Because all of the Type-S ones have &1 my best guess is the &1 is black leather trim

I know it doesn't give you much more than you already had but it's a start

EDIT: So it looks like NH188L, YR187L, and B93L designations without a &1 or &X were the designations used for the 02+ Type-S seats, all 3 have different part numbers than their 97-99 counterparts so something is different, just not sure what. Now for the 5spd NSX-R looks like the seats were either all black or all red. But for the 02+ NSX-R you could get either black or red outer with either red or black cushions. But R124L is the code, again don't know how to tell the difference between jersey fabric or alcantara based on the color code.

Last edited:
YR187L&1: Orange Alcantara

YR187L&237: Orange Alcantara

---Maybe the &1 and &237 determine if it's trimmed in Black Leather or Black Alcantara?

NH188L&1 Black Alcantara

NH188L&199 Black Alcantara

---This is my best guess, it could be black jersey but I'm pretty sure it's black alcantara, again not sure on the &1 and &199

R124L Red (not sure if alcantara or Jersey fabric) - See my EDIT below

B93L: Blue Alcantara

---I actually have never seen this code, it's always been &1 and &14 in my research

B93L&1: Blue Alcantara

B93L&14: Blue Alcantara

Because all of the Type-S ones have &1 my best guess is the &1 is black leather trim

I know it doesn't give you much more than you already had but it's a start

EDIT: So it looks like NH188L, YR187L, and B93L designations without a &1 or &X were the designations used for the 02+ Type-S seats, all 3 have different part numbers than their 97-99 counterparts so something is different, just not sure what. Now for the 5spd NSX-R looks like the seats were either all black or all red. But for the 02+ NSX-R you could get either black or red outer with either red or black cushions. But R124L is the code, again don't know how to tell the difference between jersey fabric or alcantara based on the color code.

Thanks for the info [MENTION=34522]NSX_n00b[/MENTION] very helpful. Still hoping we can figure out the 237, 14 and 199 designations. I'm thinking they all have black outside trim fabric (non leather) but color matched logo to match inserts giving them a different part number?

Thanks for the info @NSX_n00b very helpful. Still hoping we can figure out the 237, 14 and 199 designations. I'm thinking they all have black outside trim fabric (non leather) but color matched logo to match inserts giving them a different part number?

All of the Honda promotional photos I have seen and all of the photos of real Type-S seats I have seen have all been black leather outer with the black, orange, or blue alcantara cushions. I've only ever seen the Recaro embroidery color matched to the cushions but maybe you are right and the black vs color matched "Recaro" is what the &1 vs &237/&14/&199 designation is.

All of the Honda promotional photos I have seen and all of the photos of real Type-S seats I have seen have all been black leather outer with the black, orange, or blue alcantara cushions. I've only ever seen the Recaro embroidery color matched to the cushions but maybe you are right and the black vs color matched "Recaro" is what the &1 vs &237/&14/&199 designation is.

These first 2 images are both from 97 & 98 NSX Type-s

Black leather with black non-perforated alcantara
types.jpg

Black leather with orange perforated alcanatara
types2.jpg

This last pic has me baffled. Black fabric and leather trim with orange non-perforated alcantara. I'm not sure if these are original or have been reupholstered. Maybe the owner is here on prime and can chime in? I believe Marc from thensxshop sourced these.
types3.jpg

Last edited:
For those still wondering, this is a brand-new seat. The suede is not Alcantara, but it is "Alcantara" like.

1709795411894.png

Is this an OEM seat or one of the ones you are selling?
These are brand new Type S seats. We have purchased one brand new seat of each to study.

Interesting - I didn't know you could get orange stitching from the factory on the OEM orange/black type S seats. The ones that I've seen all have black stitching..
That's this variant.

Attachments

• 1700147117993.jpg
    1700147117993.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 30
If anyone has questions about the R seats or S seats, we've done our due diligence now to completely understand everything about it. We can answer your questions.

To update the initial question from @Re<<1 ,

YR187L&1: Black Leather Bolster + Orange Perforated Cushions + Black Stitching + Orange RECARO logo
YR187L&237: Black Leather Bolster + Orange Perforated Cushions + Orange Stitching + Orange RECARO logo

NH188L&1 ?: Black Leather Bolster + Black Perforated Cushions + Black Stitching + Red RECARO logo
NH188L&199 ? ↑ same

R124L ?: Red Ultra Suede Bolster + Red Ultra Suede Cushions + Purple-ish Stitching + Whiteish RECARO logo (93R)

B93L&1: Black Leather Bolster + Vivid Blue (Same as AP2 S2000 Color) Perforated Cushions + Black Stitching + Blue RECARO logo
B93L&14 ?: Black Leather Bolster + Vivid Blue (Same as AP2 S2000 Color) Perforated Cushions + Blue Stitching + Blue RECARO logo

(MESHES) *NH1L *: 02R - Black
(MESHES) *R153L *: 02R - Red - Vivid Red. (Same as AP2 S2000 Color). NOT THE SAME FOR 93R

Note: The term Jersey Fabric that you see on the 2002 NSX coupe headliners is not the same as the same jersey fabric you see on the R seats.

Last edited:
Thanks for this Marc. I had no idea you could get colored stitching on the Type S sets!

Back