• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

99 MCB "Reimagined"

Not to be “that guy”

But how exactly is this a NSX “reimagined”

Pretty basic “almost OEM+” build
I think the idea is to take a basic MCB NA2 and turn it into the JDM Type-S it was meant to be. ;)

I apologize for building such a basic car that the word “Reimagined” is off limits here.

I thought the whole ethos of Singer was to make the ultimate air cooled car. If Honda already built the ultimate NSX with the Type R/S Zero then why is adding those parts to a car basic? Singer uses as many OE parts where they can- 993 turbo brakes, 993 wipers etc.

I’ve done the FI- turbo and SC, fully custom interior, air lift cups, sound system, etc on my previous 2005 and 1996 NSX. Just want to enjoy the pure car the way Honda gave us.

So not trying to get anyone’s approval on my build. Tracking this really for myself. Type S Zeros are more rare than Singers now a days so keeping build “basic”

btw - I love Singers, just can’t fork out the $1M for one. Will just have to settle for my basic 993 RSR and NSX.

Folks, I deleted the prior post. The forum has strict rules about trolling and it's not tolerated here. We are a small, positive community and we will enforce the rules to keep it that way.

Quick update. KSP seats were completed and shipped out to get the NSXR works done to it. I'm torn between red or black seats? Not sure how red would look in a blue car, but red seats are so iconic. Black seats maybe more my taste, black jersey fabric outside and black suede inside, of course with carbon kevlar shells. I'll be getting the OEM black suede door cards as well to match.

Just like these:

1711081658900.png

What do you guys think? these are my actual KSP seats.
1711081927177.png1711081942463.png1711081952871.png1711081970458.png

Last edited:
Reimagined, clone, tribute?

Call it whatever you'd like, it's incredible. I love following along and always check back for updates. I'm totally digging the front bumper mesh things, I'm constantly removing leaves and stuff from mine. Seems like a bumper off install?

Yours and Honcho's are two of my favorite NSX's. We should do a bracket system for the hottest NSXs, lol

Definitely black if the options are red or black jersey! Who's doing the upholstery work? Assuming they're doing the cushions too?

It's awesome to see so much seats activity again!

Black jersey and suede centers it is.

I’m having a local shop here in CA add the logos and wrap the seats. Getting the fabrics from Japan was an easier way to save on the shipping.

Last edited:
Reimagined, clone, tribute?

Call it whatever you'd like, it's incredible. I love following along and always check back for updates. I'm totally digging the front bumper mesh things, I'm constantly removing leaves and stuff from mine. Seems like a bumper off install?

Yours and Honcho's are two of my favorite NSX's. We should do a bracket system for the hottest NSXs, lol
You'll get to see it if you come to XPO this year. :)

A month has flown by since my last update, been busy with a few things but was still able to sneak in a few parts on the car over the busy weekend.

Got my seats back from my local upholster, they weight about 9lbs each so excited to see what weight savings I get from removing the stock seats. I haven't committed to a set of rails yet, OEM power NSXR rails are so tempting to get but SOS looks good for the money too. Overall the jersey black and suede combo look amazing in person, definitely more snug than my Recaro Classic ABE PP I have in my Porsche.
IMG_3813.jpgIMG_3812.jpgIMG_3811.jpgIMG_3809.jpg

I had some time last week to install my 02R steering wheel too. I had previously installed Momo wheels in my previous two NSX, so this was fairly easy to do. Had the 02R Momo wheel and hub sitting around for awhile since I was going back and forth between this and the Type S wheel. Still not 100% sure, but it definitely still looks good.
IMG_3718.jpg

Since I had the steering wheel off, I decided to install my 92R gauges with the yellow needles, there were a lot of things to remove to get to it. I was able to install the two side gauges but messed up and wiped down my tach and speedo with a rag that had some harsh cleaner on it, it looks like it removed some of the paint or so. Now I'm looking to replace these - which are really expensive if you can even find them separately. Stupid mistake but lesson learned. Be careful if you are messing with your gauges.
IMG_3023.jpg

Completed installing the side intake grills - I think these came on 02+ as well as Zanardi/TypeS/TypeR versions.
They look cool with these little touches.
IMG_3659.jpgIMG_3656.jpg

My local Acura parts guys found a brand new Zanardi wheel laying around the warehouse and offered it to me for a really good price. What the heck - I'll just use it as wall art in my garage, you never know when you might need a back up wheel.
IMG_3724.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3654.jpg
    IMG_3654.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
9lbs! Wow! That's much lighter than the stock non reupholstered ones we have.

Back