• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Type S order

Can anyone share the NSX type s ordering process? I spoke with my dealer and gave them a 10k deposit on Aug 4. On Friday, they asked me to sign an order sheet. I picked Gotham Grey as first choice and Indy yellow as second process. Does that mean it is guaranteeing an allocation?
one thing I hate about the buying of the NSX process is that it is so vague. I remember my 2019 NSX order was a nightmare. You gave them a deposit on May and no word on production until the end of August.

if anyone can chime in, that will be appreciated.

Last edited:
Can anyone share the NSX type s ordering process? I spoke with my dealer and gave them a 10k deposit on Aug 3. On Friday, they asked me to sign an order sheet. I picked Gotham Grey as first choice and Indy yellow as second process. Does that mean it is guaranteeing an allocation?
one thing I hate about the buying of the NSX process is that it is so vague. I remember my 2019 NSX order was a nightmare. You gave them a deposit on May and no word on production until the end of August.

I am also in the same boat as you. I gave them my deposit this weekend and then filled and signed the order sheet. I will know tomorrow if I get the allocation. When I inquired on Gotham gray they mentioned it wasn’t available any longer. I am I’m between Indy yellow or Valencia red…. Let’s see what comes of it. Also are they charging you ADM? On my side it’s msrp….. thanks and wish you luck as we embark on this process….

Same boat for me on all aspects. MSRP as well. $10k deposit paid on Friday, and I signed both the specific dealer’s Buyer’s Order sheet, as well as a document titled “2022 NSX Type S”. Both docs had my order specifics. I’m guessing the NSX doc is the one they sent to Acura to get my order submitted. I’m also still in the dark on anything past that. I’ll post anything new I learn.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the reply. My one is MSRP also. I gave them the 10k deposit back to Aug 4. If not, I shall be one of the first few deposit and should have get the Gotham Grey. Part of the NC1 NSX failure is the marketing. The NC1 design is not perfect but it is really awesome car that deserves a lot more recognition. But it is really the marketing and dealer presentation that contributed to the poor recognition. I had been buying from this dealer and the same sales rep since 1994.

New to forums, and also placed an order but dealer asked $10k ADM in California. I’ve seen ranges from $10-$50k. Was hoping to pay for MSRP but not much of a choice. $10k deposit now and no word of delivery estimate date.

According to the GM of our local store we will know about confirmed allocations for those with deposits in “2 or 3 weeks”. I believe Acura is scheduling the entire production run in the interim.

I ordered Gotham Gray the morning of the 13th. The dealer here said thats the only day they could start the orders and is sure I should get the gray. They expect to know more on the 1st of Sept. :biggrin:

You guys are doing much better than I am. I inquired at our local dealership in Wichita and was told it would require a non-refundable $10K deposit and that they did not have any Type S NC1s allocated at this time. The "non-refundable" deposit really turned me off. I suspect bad communication is involved, and probably just more woes related to Acura marketing of the 300 Type S versions that will be sold in the US. :(

WTF do they mean "non-refundable'?

If you don't get a car, you get a refund.

If they mean "non-cancelable" they should state same.

Can anyone share the NSX type s ordering process? I spoke with my dealer and gave them a 10k deposit on Aug 4. On Friday, they asked me to sign an order sheet. I picked Gotham Grey as first choice and Indy yellow as second process. Does that mean it is guaranteeing an allocation?

4 years later and its still super vague. I dont think it will be any different for the 2022.

Process is as follows:
- customer signs order sheet and places 10k deposit (Acura's requirement, not dealership)
- 100 guaranteed slots are for the top 70 NSX dealers in the nation (top 30 get 2, 31-70 get 1).
- stores outside of the top 70 get waitlisted for the remaining 200
- Sept 1 is when Acura starts pulling from the waitlist.
- I think builds start at the end of this year

Filling out an order form does not guarantee an allocation unless the dealer specifically told you that you get one of their guaranteed slots (assuming they got 1 or 2)

You guys are doing much better than I am. I inquired at our local dealership in Wichita and was told it would require a non-refundable $10K deposit and that they did not have any Type S NC1s allocated at this time. The "non-refundable" deposit really turned me off. I suspect bad communication is involved, and probably just more woes related to Acura marketing of the 300 Type S versions that will be sold in the US. :(
non-refundable? that's effed up. at least in california its fully refundable.

Back