• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX vs M5

jlindy said:
I just got back from test driving a 2005 530i and 545i. I liked them, but was not that impressed, especially since the 545i has 325 HP and good performance numbers. It just didn't feel that fast and seemed a little loose in the turns and was surprised is was not that fun to drive. Now it didn't have the sport option which gives it better wheels and suspension, but wasn't anywhere near what I expected it would be. The idrive is interesting and seems a little confusing/distracting when driving, but I could probably get the hang of it.

I really think I want a used M5 after driving the 545i, but then again I haven't driven the M5 yet and there aren't many in St. Louis. Those damn repairs make me nervous though, so I'll have to get a CPO vehicle. I really hope the M5 is a lot more fun to drive because my NSX was a million times more fun than the 545. :confused: It makes me want to keep what I have.

Did you think the seats were very stiff and uncomfortable? I bought the Audi over the 5 because I hated the seats. They were like sitting on wooden bleachers.

willabeest said:
the NSX is a thousand times more fun to drive than an M5.
Can I get a full size file of your avatar? :biggrin:

Remember we are not comparing apples to apples. I drive my M5 everyday and my NSX rarely, but when I do I agree it is a blast to drive. If you are looking for one car that will haul the kids around, make decent size Costco runs, take 4 other adult clients out and still have the performance and fun factor of a sportscar than the M5 is hard to beat.

My garage solution.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC00148.jpg
    DSC00148.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 97
steveny said:
Did you think the seats were very stiff and uncomfortable? I bought the Audi over the 5 because I hated the seats. They were like sitting on wooden bleachers.

I don't remember the seats being uncomfortable, but I didn't have the sport verson which I was told have different seats. The one really cool thing about the 5 series is that it is blue tooth compatitable. I don't know much about Blue Tooth (if I am even saying it correctly), but it is cell phone proprietary software that allows wireless integration of the features, phonebook, etc. with the idrive system in the BMW. You see caller ID, place and receive calls, and access your cell phones personal phonebook from the Idrive screen which is wireless so all you have to do is have your phone on in the car.

Back