• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX vs. MR2 Turbo

Lol, I'm in the same boat. I have a 93 MR2 turbo with many mods and have been looking for an NSX here in Canada. My search is limited because of the shitty CDN dollar value but eventually I'll find the right one.

I use to work at an Acura dealer in the service dept. and got to see a few NSX come to our NSX tech. I would just stare at the NSX in the bay and get a sense of the pride that went into designing and building it.
I just love the look and how easy they are to maintain, hopefully I can get a ride in a FI one to compare to my MR2.

I hear ya bother...trying to find an NSX for a decent price is kinda tricky!

Very nice MR2 and I am sure it performs quite well.

I hope you will find a nice NSX soon so that you will get to appreciate it like we do.

My advice is to pay more to get one that's well maintained and stay away from the ones with salvage titles.

Yep..you are totally right about that. The NSX has an exotic factor the MR2 just doesn't have. And I plan on owning both cars. And I love both cars! But the MR2 is appreciating and I think sometime in the future they will have their day. No where near NSX status though. I would love to take you for a ride in my MR2 turbo...I think you would be very surprised at how capable the car is with very minimal money into it. On the track too...not just in a straight line.

I reviewed a lightly modified MR2 Turbo a few months ago and made some comparisons to my all stock 91 NSX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj_ZDxaQqbE

Your initial impressions are the same as mine. NSX has more stable handling and a more buttoned down feel to the driver controls, but the MR2 feels a bit lighter on its feet and more willing/easy to cover ground quickly on a twisty road. One is more of a dramatic boy-racer sports car, while the other is a mature and relaxed supercar. Love em both!

Here are some pics of my old MR2T:

DSC_0175.jpg

P1010008edit.jpg

P1010034.jpg

Back