• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX -vs- Who gives a $h!t...seriously stop these stupid threads

TurboLexus said:
I still enjoy the comparisons...if only to prove that the NSX holds up well against the current crop, especially as a pure driver's car. What I don't understand is how every other thread I read (including this one) mentions how Honda abandoned development on the car and left it as is. The engine, transmission, brakes, suspension, wheels, tires, mgt, ABS, pwr steering, body, interior, structure, etc have all changed over the span of the NSX production run. Not by leaps and bounds, but sometimes when you make radical changes to a working formula you can end up altering the dynamics of the car in a way which was unintended (best defense I can come up with for Honda :)). Having owned '91 and '97 models, IMO the difference is pretty significant...but yes you cannot compare the output of the car with a Viper, Z06, AMG, 997T. Anyone who questions the capabilities of these cars needs to watch the Best MOTORing with GanSan wheeling the NSX-R against the F-car, P-car, two lambos, and CSL. Kay...i'm done now :smile:

I enjoy the comparisons as well, as long as people are reasonable and try not be so biased towards their own car. I prefer Japanese cars generally over American cars, but I appreciate what Chevy has done with the new Z06. That car has rewritten the performance benchmarks for many years to come. I think a lot of guys here need to crawl out of their cave and realize the NSX is no longer King of Hill and has not been the King for a long long time.

All the changes that Honda made between 1991 and 2005 on the NSX are all very minor in my book. If Honda even cared about the NSX, they would have continued to develop it further, but instead they gave it no major changes in 14 years, whcih is weak. They totally redesign the Accord and Civics from the ground up every 4 years. They could have at least given their performance flagship a total redesign at least once.

In 1990, the original NSX was the leader; today it is seriously deficient and overpriced, which shows in it's almost nonexistent sales until it was finally cancelled.

I have seen the video and was told that Best Motoring is very biased towards Japanese cars and that the NSX-R driver was much more skilled than the others and drove more aggressively. The same can be said about Top Gear who favor British built vehicles.

I was also told that the surprisingly fast N-Ring times for the NSX-R were not official since there was some question about the car itself and the start.

I am curious if the guys at Best Motoring could find a way for the NSX-R to outrun a new C6 Z06 on their home track.

|Adeel said:
Why is this troll here? Why aren't you dreaming at a Supra forum instead?

To answer your question, this is a public forum to discuss cars. Just because I don't believe the world revolves around the NSX does not preclude me from being here. I like the NSX, but I am also realistic of the car's shortcomings unlike some people.

AMGsRock said:
To answer your question, this is a public forum to discuss cars. Just because I don't believe the world revolves around the NSX does not preclude me from being here. I like the NSX, but I am also realistic of the car's shortcomings unlike some people.

Just go ahead and discuss, we get "the NSX is overpriced/outdated/overrated" stuff here almost every week.

AMGsRock said:

I think the issue with your posts seems to be that they seem to be biased towards slamming the NSX, sometimes with a backhanded compliment, but overall in a negative manner. For someone so new to the forums, this reeks of a "troll" and I think you would be wise to consider the perception of those of us who do appreciate (and own) the car.

Shumdit said:
I think the issue with your posts seems to be that they seem to be biased towards slamming the NSX, sometimes with a backhanded compliment, but overall in a negative manner. For someone so new to the forums, this reeks of a "troll" and I think you would be wise to consider the perception of those of us who do appreciate (and own) the car.

Your comments will be seriously considered and the possible perceived impressions are incorrect, but understandable. Thanks for the feedback.

Shumdit said:

I actually saw one post where he/she ( sorry don't know ) complimented the NSX's seats:eek:

"AMGSrock" the title alone tells you he/she's not a fan. I just don't understand why someone would take time out of their day and post on a forum about car they don't care for.

One of his/her posts basically stated that this person feels the need to keep NSX owners in a reality check. Oh I guess that's after we crawl out of our caves. This person tries to be condescending and it's really just to incite the party their addressing. To be honest it's really just pathetic. AMG's are MB's so why not go to their forum and tell them how great a car he/she feels Mercedes makes. Or maybe ask questions about a model he/she is not familiar with , possibly anwser newbie's questions if he/she is well versed on all the models.

I'm sure it's obvious were this is going ,but I'll say it anyway if your going to use your time do so constructively ,because at the end of the day people who actually have the car feel it's worth what they paid for it and enjoy it. No NSX owners shouldn't attack other cars , but hey if they do let people here who actually own the car tell them it's not cool to do this.

Oh and AMGSrock please note that the first part of this forum states "New and Prospective owners" please respect that. We'll try to be better hosts ,but please stop being such a poor house guest.

I love the NSX, and I own one..is there anything wrong with that. Am I going to whine about the horsepower, and how the ZO6 has 500 hp or whatever..NO. Before buying the NSX, I had the opportunity to buy, and considered buying a C5 Z06, Ferrari 348, 355, Supra, M3, Carrera, 930, viper, Carrera 4S, and a 993 Turbo. In the end I bought the NSX..and I've never looked back since then. Here's the reasons why..

1. I know that when i'm driving the NSX..I'm driving the sexiest car on the street. Unless ofcourse a MacLaren F1 pulls right next to me..but i don't think thats gonna happen. I wouldn't feel so sexy in a Corvette, M3, or Supra.

2. Driver involvement, Car/driver interaction. Fun factor. The NSX shares this along with the 355 and 348..other cars feel numb, and non-gratifying. You don't have to drive at excessively illegal speeds to put a smile on your face. I'm not a ricer anymore and i don't like to drive like an asshole.

3. I am driving a something that ayrton senna helped design. This may not mean much too many people, but it sure means a lot to me. I idolize Senna and I love Formula One.

4. I like going to car meets like Crystal Cove. and being the only NSX there. I feel unique, i feel special and it gives me that warm tingly feeling inside to know that 10 other people there don't own the same car I do:biggrin:

...I can go on and on, but i'm getting pretty tired. One thing to point out...Unless you own a Bugatti Veyron, your car will eventually be considered slow, old and obsolete, and I'd rather own an old, slow and obsolete NSX than an old, slow and obsolete Z06. There's a reason why people buy much slower ferraris 348's, 355's, and NSX's and older 911's as opposed to the new Z06. Its because there's a lack that the Z06 cannot fulfill. Stop critizing us NSX owners, and our cars. Its pretty obvious that we love NSX's... and yes i do think the NSX is still king. Good night, I'm tired, I can't believe i typed this much, I'm going to sleep.

AMGsRock said:
Your comments will be seriously considered and the possible perceived impressions are incorrect, but understandable. Thanks for the feedback.

Based on your comments on the NSX I would not be suprised if you went by the name of stevec on s2ki.com. Am I correct ?

Quote BY AMGsRock :

I have seen the video and was told that Best Motoring is very biased towards Japanese cars and that the NSX-R driver was much more skilled than the others and drove more aggressively. The same can be said about Top Gear who favor British built vehicles.

Gan San drove the NSX R and whipped the 360, 911TT, M3 CSL and he is NOT the best driver that Best Motoring has at their disposal. I would say Tsuchiya is the best driver on Best Motoring.

brandonson said:
Gan San drove the NSX R and whipped the 360, 911TT, M3 CSL and he is NOT the best driver that Best Motoring has at their disposal. I would say Tsuchiya is the best driver on Best Motoring.

Tsuchiya is very good but and Hattori, Gansan is just as compeditive.

brandonson said:
Based on your comments on the NSX I would not be suprised if you went by the name of stevec on s2ki.com. Am I correct ?

Oh snap is that where SteveC disappreared too? Figures!

I like cars! ALL kinds of cars but I can only afford to own a few and 2 of 3 hobby cars I own are NSXs. I have owned an NSX for just short of 4 years. I was "so disappointed" with its performance I bought a 2nd one in December. These cars are nothing short of spectacular!
They have a balance, symmetry and elegance of line that is as viable today as it was in 91. I do not intend to put any car down; I do fully intend to sing the praises of the NSX because it deserves praise. It has proved itself over and over in the past 16 years and for less money than some car's 30,000 mile service can be up-graded to performance levels that rivals todays hottest cars.
I review performance specifications; not those developed by marketing departments concerning HP, torque or weight; but road tests, time trials and maintenance reports. The real world is often very deferent than the theoretical world of specifications and the conclusions drawn from them. The NSX has consistently outperformed those theoretical projections concerning its capabilities to the surprise of most people but its been no surprise to their owners. Are there other spectacular cars? Yes of course but there are damn few that achieve the overall balance of the NSX. I do not care about the NSX vs ......; for I, like my fellow owners, KNOW what we have and love it. I wish all of you who don't own an NSX are at least I/2 as happy with your ride as I am with mine; then we can all smile and enjoy the drive. :biggrin:

Bob

brandonson said:
Are the posts from this guy familiar or what ?

They really are. Especially when he starts giving his opinion:eek:

clr1024 said:
I disagree, sometimes you may not have access to go test drive your car of choice, it may be hard to come by, far away etc. And asking questions on this site may help you decide if its worth the effort of making the effort to test drive the car. For example lets say you love all kinds of cars but love torque...well the NSX is not for you, maybe a viper, but you can ask those questions on mods etc, how much torque can you achieve, what budget. With these questions answere you may realize that car xyz is not for you.
Its a discussion forum, if you don't want to read those threads simply do not click on them, issue solved. :smile:

Well, I guess its different for everyone. One thing is that I don't buy used, I don't like to make modifications to a car, and I only buy locally. I live in areas where dealerships that carry high end cars are easily accessible. I also know exactly how much I'm willing to spend beforehand.

I can see how it can be different for someone who wants to get a car that is no longer in production, or there isn't a dealer that carry exotic cars nearby, but for me that is not the case.

I regret posting this

Well after reading all the responses, I can honestly say I'm sorry I ever started this thread:frown:. I originally posted it to warn ignorant non NSX owners before they come on here bashing or speaking negatively about the NSX, have some respect or don't post at all. I now realize that instead, it seems as though I have created arguments and strife upon fellow NSX OWNERS and OWNERS TO BE. The comparison line in the thread title I read as comparing the NSX with other NSX owners, to get info amongst ourselves and comparisons, being that every NSX is unique and not the same in some way. So, maybe I'm wrong. As far as the personal attacks between EVERYBODY TO SOMEBODY on this thread, can/should STOP, we are all grown ups...on my better days:biggrin: :wink:. Once again I truely apologize for ever starting this thread:frown: :redface: :frown:.

Now, can't we all just get along?

Re: I regret posting this

btcog82 said:
Well after reading all the responses, I can honestly say I'm sorry I ever started this thread:frown:. I originally posted it to warn ignorant non NSX owners before they come on here bashing or speaking negatively about the NSX, have some respect or don't post at all. I now realize that instead, it seems as though I have created arguments and strife upon fellow NSX OWNERS and OWNERS TO BE. The comparison line in the thread title I read as comparing the NSX with other NSX owners, to get info amongst ourselves and comparisons, being that every NSX is unique and not the same in some way. So, maybe I'm wrong. As far as the personal attacks between EVERYBODY TO SOMEBODY on this thread, can/should STOP, we are all grown ups...on my better days:biggrin: :wink:. Once again I truely apologize for ever starting this thread:frown: :redface: :frown:.

Now, can't we all just get along?

No it was the trolls who got this going ,but now that we know who they are ( AMGsrock ) we can ignore them.

WingZ said:
No it was the trolls who got this going ,but now that we know who they are ( AMGsrock ) we can ignore them.

I don't agree with this comment as well.

I am only stating the obvious shortcomings of your beloved NSX that you as an owner cannot see or refuse to believe they exist. I am not making these things up. All cars have shortcomings including the two I drive. I know my 55 is not going corner as well as your NSX, but that is expected since it is a luxury sedan not a sports car. However, as sedans go, it kicks butt in the straights and actually has decent handling.

The NSX has many good qualities, but from a performance standpoint, it is well below par compared to the competition. You really should take off the glasses, since they are impairing your vision and perception of reality.

AMGsRock said:

I am only stating the obvious shortcomings of your beloved NSX that you as an owner cannot see or refuse to believe they exist. I am not making these things up. All cars have shortcomings including the two I drive. I know my 55 is not going corner as well as your NSX, but that is expected since it is a luxury sedan not a sports car. However, as sedans go, it kicks butt in the straights and actually has decent handling.

The NSX has many good qualities, but from a performance standpoint, it is well below par compared to the competition. You really should take off the glasses, since they are impairing your vision and perception of reality.[/

QUOTE]

Find a thread where I said any of the things you are currently stating that I believe. I never mentioned anything about you E55 not cornering well as I have no idea how it corners and wouldn't dare make the assumption. You on the other hand continue to make assumptions. How is it you can poor/incorrect assumptions on what you think I believe about a car and yet know Honda so well? Again your left handed compliments about the NSX's "good qualities" are not needed.

My vision is impaired as to why someone who doesn't like something would waste their precious time telling people who like something how not great what they have is. If you don't care for the car why come here? Rational person wouldn't do such a thing. Your like the people that like to park SUV's next to your sportscar even though you park waaaay away from everyone else. Your doing this just to irritate. I'm retired at the ripe old age of 37 and can really make it my business just to sit here and go back and forth with you. So the snide 'glasses" comments don't bother me as I love to pick with snide sarcastic people. One jerk loves another :biggrin:

AMGsRock said:

The NSX has many good qualities, but from a performance standpoint, it is well below par compared to the competition. You really should take off the glasses, since they are impairing your vision and perception of reality.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Shumdit said:

WingZ said:
AMGsRock said:

The NSX has many good qualities, but from a performance standpoint, it is well below par compared to the competition. You really should take off the glasses, since they are impairing your vision and perception of reality.[/

QUOTE]

Find a thread where I said any of the things you are currently stating that I believe. I never mentioned anything about you E55 not cornering well as I have no idea how it corners and wouldn't dare make the assumption. You on the other hand continue to make assumptions. How is it you can poor/incorrect assumptions on what you think I believe about a car and yet know Honda so well? Again your left handed compliments about the NSX's "good qualities" are not needed.

My vision is impaired as to why someone who doesn't like something would waste their precious time telling people who like something how not great what they have is. If you don't care for the car why come here? Rational person wouldn't do such a thing. Your like the people that like to park SUV's next to your sportscar even though you park waaaay away from everyone else. Your doing this just to irritate. I'm retired at the ripe old age of 37 and can really make it my business just to sit here and go back and forth with you. So the snide 'glasses" comments don't bother me as I love to pick with snide sarcastic people. One jerk loves another :biggrin:

First of all, congrats on your early retirement. That is quite an accomplishment. I am much younger, but would be pleased to be retired by my mid 30s. I guess you must have done something right. But seriously, congrats.

Yes, I do park my cars a mile away, but I do not park my SUV next to other people's sports cars to stress them out. You are WRONG this time my fellow jerk. :)

AMGsRock said:
WingZ said:
First of all, congrats on your early retirement. That is quite an accomplishment. I am much younger, but would be pleased to be retired by my mid 30s. I guess you must have done something right. But seriously, congrats.

Yes, I do park my cars a mile away, but I do not park my SUV next to other people's sports cars to stress them out. You are WRONG this time my fellow jerk. :)

Yeah sure you do just like you really are interested in NSX's:wink:

I guess we're not allowed to say anything negative about the NSX or else half of prime comes down on you. As a previoius owner of an NSX I'm just stating my experiences and opinions.

None of the statements are meant to be flames, rather observations after spending 3 years behind the wheels of one. Some folks absolutely love their NSX and have had more than 1. I personaly want to have a go at various different sports cars. As they say, variety is the spice of life. I enjoy comparing cars, and pointing things out, be it both good and bad.

Alot of other sites seem more tolerable of "personal opinions & observations" of their own cars. Ofcourse downright slamming of the NSX (which I have yet to see in this thread) will open the doors to a total beat down of the poster. Then again, there are sites like this, where a "truthful yet negative" comment will just piss off the fellow members.

An example is the Rx-7. I had an Rx-7 Twin Turbo...totally loved the car, but when I mentioned that the words "reliable" and "Rx-7" don't go together, it became one huge witch hunt on rx7club.com.

I was expecting the members here to be a little bit more mature and able to take critiques better. I guess I was wrong. Why am I still posting on Prime even though I don't have an NSX anymore? Just because I no longer have an NSX doesn't mean I dislike it. I just wanted to try something different. I still have much respect for the NSX (even though at this stage I no longer desire to have one...I still like'em alot and patiently wait the next gen. NSX). If the Gen II. NSX is as great as the first one was when it made its debut, I'd definetly switch back into one.

P.S. Flame Suit on:biggrin: :cool:

Back