• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Wanted Post - Good for a Chuckle

Showed up on another forum - I think the OP is a recent high school grad or not too far removed (not that it means he can't have an NSX). Gave me a good laugh. Edited the names so as not to get too personal :biggrin:.

HERE IS THE POST:

"Looking to buy an Acura Nsx, if you or anybody you know has one by chance let me know
·

[Friend 1] i support this.
May 10 at 11:06pm

[Original Poster] Yeah been thinking it over. And i decided that I have to own one. Hard to find real ad's for them though
May 10 at 11:08pm
[Friend 1] i see ads for them every now and then. they've come down a lot in price, i've seen them for as little as $15k
May 10 at 11:13pm
[Original Poster] Yeah exactly! I'm in the range for 15-20k soon. And I don't think insurance will be too crazy. I probably just need to do some search on car forums to get a good price
May 10 at 11:16pm
[Friend 2] I know of one but the guy is asking 30k.
May 10 at 11:20pm
[Friend 1] no, insurance for an nsx will definitely be crazy. you're under 25, not married, & it's a rare, $90k 2 seater sports car. insurance is going to be hella expensive for sure.
May 11 at 12:08am
[Friend 1] but, it's probably the most reliable supercar you could ever own. supercar performance with japanese reliability.
1 · May 11 at 12:10am
[Original Poster] Very true. It'll be worth it though if I can find one for under 20
1 · May 11 at 12:16am
[Friend 3] Let me know when you own one
May 11 at 12:21am
[Friend 3] There's one for 50 in salt lake but that's fricked
May 11 at 12:23am
[Friend 4] If you get that I get this truck
1 · May 11 at 10:32am
[Original Poster] I've seen them all over for 15-20k I don't want to spend 50... Hahaha and okay [Friend 3] deal, the driveway will look good
May 11 at 10:38am
[Original Poster’s Mom] OMG...SERIOUSLY??? [Original Poster], get your own driveway smile emoticonLOVE YOU!
1 · May 11 at 11:05am
[Original Poster] It'll look good though mom!!!
2 · May 11 at 11:34am
[Original Poster’s Mom] [Original Poster] you always look good
May 11 at 11:44am
[Friend 5]
1 · May 11 at 11:51am
[Friend 6] also very much support this decision
May 11 at 4:11pm"

15 - 20k, they must be talking about an RSX. Haha! This is funny, even the mom chimed in! If only my mom is on this forum lurking on me.... LOL!

its funny to see them THINK they are gonna get one.

15-20K I think not. wrecked or project cars with no engine or interior LOL

if you have to ask about how much insurance is gonna be then its not a car for you.

I ended up paying $5 more per month to insure my '95 for full coverage than what I pay for liability for my '99 Corolla. Some things in this world are a mystery.
He's sure gonna be bumming when he finds out he's not going to touch one for under 35 or so unless he wants a high mileage automatic or something.

HA! Dude needs to do his homework.

this is true we have a Honda odyssey minivan and the insurance on it is like 150 bucks more than my NSX and my 08 TL type S is more than both combined

and all my cars are paid off but we keep the full coverage vs only PIP keeping only PIP is something a moron would do

I think those guys who are falling for the 15-20k range are falling for those scams.

Wait, I just saw an ad for one with reasonable mileage and all current maintenance for 18,500. And the seller must be legit. He's a prince of some kind from Nigeria...Oh. wait.

this is true we have a Honda odyssey minivan and the insurance on it is like 150 bucks more than my NSX and my 08 TL type S is more than both combined

+1 My '03 S2000 costs more to insure than the NSX, full coverage on both.

Wait, I just saw an ad for one with reasonable mileage and all current maintenance for 18,500. And the seller must be legit. He's a prince of some kind from Nigeria...Oh. wait.

If its the Type R, I beat you to it. Just Western Union'd some funds. Should be here in a container in a couple weeks!

If its the Type R, I beat you to it. Just Western Union'd some funds. Should be here in a container in a couple weeks!

It was the Type R with the carbon nanotube muffler bearings, right? Yeah, that's the one. Guess I was too slow.

Reminds me of a guy in his early 20's who came into my work wanting to speak to the owner of the NSX. He proceeded to tell me that he owned 8% of Apple and raced drift cars in Florida on the weekends.:rolleyes: He then proceeded to ask for my business card and tell me that he was going to make me the "sickest offer you've ever had for your NSX." He pulled one right out of the movies by flipping the card over, jotting a # down and sliding it slowly over the counter. Interested, I flipped the card over and it read 20k. I chuckled and told him I paid more for the car before the mods and he responded by telling me that I got ripped off because his friend bought a '97 for 18k. I explained to him that it had to be a parts car or salvage, but he was hearing none of it so I let him drone on some more before I politely excused myself to get back to work. I love the NSX and all, but if I owned 8% of Apple I would be on the waiting list for a McLaren P1.

... He proceeded to tell me that he owned 8% of Apple ...

Wow! You are pretty lucky, I mean with Apple's market cap being in the ballpark of $745 billion ... you may very well have met one of the richest men in the world! :biggrin:

Wow! You are pretty lucky, I mean with Apple's market cap being in the ballpark of $745 billion ... you may very well have met one of the richest men in the world! :biggrin:

Yeah. Money to burn. Probably a Nigerian prince or something.

Maybe 8% of an apple?

RTEmagicC_800px-Klokhuis-001.JPG.jpg

Good one Yinzer, I think you hit the nail on the head!

Some kid on the Ferrari Club of America FB page posted saying that he was going to get an F40 and wanted to know how much they cost because he couldn't find any listed for sale locally. He kinda disappeared after getting the response: Oh, around $1.2-$1.5 million.

Back