• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX with no garage?

It's a car. Why spend years of your life without something you really want just because you don't have a garage. Life is short!

What i ment to say is the other complex's have garages but mine doesnt :[. I signed a 12 month lease July '11-July '12, but i could always move. Maybe i should buy a house, the morgage payments would likely be less than $1000/month. If i put it outside im going to rig it with a loud agressive alarm, that beeps and says "get the f back" if someone gets too close.

I see there are people on both sides, ill def think alot about it. Thats for the opinions

I would say okay as long as you plan on covering it at night. Out of site = out of mind. I think you would be better off. Less chance of someone vandelizing something they can't see. That and it helps with cats scratching the paint when they curl up on the trunk lid for the night.

You guys doing some fraking out there? :biggrin:

I'm in similar shoes as you. I live downtown in a condo....i.e. no garage but assigned parking only. Just don't get a garage queen, mine has 137k miles and the paint isn't pristine (It looks great, just not up to my OCD standards) so I don't worry about anything. Planning on getting a basic 2-way alarm installed next week, mainly for the remote entry, so that should rectify any safety issues.

Should be fine for a year, then you can find a more reasonable place with a garage. My buddy moved to a complex similar to yours...expensive rent and rape-you-in-the-A$$ cost to rent a basic garage space. Works for him...not so much for me.

How about you get a $500 deductible and use those savings to offset the cost of renting a garage?

The 10x20 storage unit costs $200 a month. Its just a pain to walk across a 4 lane highway to get to it, ect. And, when i dropped my deduc. from $500 to $250 collision / $0 comp, it was only $12 more or something like that. My Tiburon got keyed twice in college, but its been fine here, no college kids or creeps walking around. My unit is so deep into the complex there won't be anyone around who doesn't live here, its like half mile walk from the road, which again is a highway, so there won't be foot traffic. Most people here are adults like old asian couples and indian families with lots of kids. Very low percentage of young white males, or at least i havnt seen much. I think it'll be safe here with a car cover, one that is pretty high end. If something bad happens to it, it'll just as likely be at my work or at a supermarket. West Chester is a semi wealthy town, there are multiple body shops in the area that only do ferrari, rolls, benz, bmw, ect. There was a Phantom at classic coachwork the other day with a big bang on the drivers side...sh!t happens.

Right now I'm only speculating i don't know what the future holds well see...

*And yes Schramm is thinking of getting into fraking :0

Last edited:
I depends on where you live.

I live in downtown Chicago. Covered / Indoor parking is anywhere between $200-$350 a month. If I can't afford a parking space, I will not buy an NSX.

It looks like you live in an apartment/condo complex. Mostly outdoor parking correct? Gated entrance? Even the suburbs scare me...there's nothing worse than walking outside and seeing broken glass in your parking space.

Hmm...I wonder if they have car covers that look like other cars :confused: :biggrin: lol.
Buy a car cover that looks like a 90's Chrysler haha.

if your NSX is totally stock then you should not worry too much about theft but once you start modding with wheels/stereo and whatnot, then a garage will give you better sleep at nights.

The 10x20 storage unit costs $200 a month. Its just a pain to walk across a 4 lane highway to get to it, ect.

IMO, it depends on what year and price you pick.
If you're going to pay $75,000 for a 2005, I wouldn't do it.
If you're going to pay $30,000 1991, I would go for it.

I still think a garage is necessary for an NSX. A lot of people mistaken the NSX as a Ferrari and some even thought it's a brand new model from Acura (happened to me few times at gas station already). Those people who don't know too much about cars thought it was impossible that it's a 20 year old car. That being said, many of those people could be "haters" and can easily scratch your car or do something worse. Just on the safe side I'd rather spend the money renting a garage space or MINIMUM have a car cover. But people can still see you drive around the car before you put on the cover so it's probably not that safe.

I see you are in PA, do you plan to drive it year round or let it sit in the winter?

I would at the very least get a good car cover for it.

I see you are in PA, do you plan to drive it year round or let it sit in the winter?

I would at the very least get a good car cover for it.

I was planning to drive it year round, freezing cold or warm. But, its just speculation, i don't know if it will be a good DD, ive never driven one so i can only estimate.

It's a car.

You have insurance and live / work in a nice area. Enjoy this amazing vehicle because tomorrow you could be six feet under :wink:

I don't currently have a garage ( I used to :frown:) but for now I just am dealing with having my car outside all of the time. I keep it covered and in the driveway until that great day when I get a garage again.

Get the car, buy a cover, relax and enjoy owning an NSX! (I will confess though, once I own a garage/house I will be more than tempted to pick up another NSX to fill that extra spot!)

If you decide to do this.......don't fraternize with anyone in your complex ..you piss someone off ....your car will suffer.

haha don't worry I'm don't talk or know anyone from my complex (anti-social?). They are 75% indian families. Nice and quiet.

PS doc john i saw your car at the hershey show then again at le belle this year.

haha don't worry I'm don't talk or know anyone from my complex (anti-social?). They are 75% indian families. Nice and quiet.

PS doc john i saw your car at the hershey show then again at le belle this year.

I know here in the Bay Area we have a large Indian community, but didn't expect the same in PA. Are they mostly in the high tech (IT) field as well?

I know here in the Bay Area we have a large Indian community, but didn't expect the same in PA. Are they mostly in the high tech (IT) field as well?

Im not sure what they do but yes there are alot of indian's who work with both me and my dad, im in engineering and hes in consulting. So most likely IT based in some kind

Back