• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsx with s2000 wheels

You should try driving it like that with the CR tires. The RE070 should make a big difference.

The front S2000 size is too tall for the NSX, and will rub the fender liner.

Just tried to put my S2000 CR wheels on my 04. Did not fit in the back and assume not in the front either. I had to put two of my 5mm spacers on the back to make it work. The wheel hit the brake caliper with 5mm and did ok with 10mm in the back. Doesn't look too bad. I like the darker color!

For the record the rear weights with my home scale:

Rear NSX: 45.0 lbs 17x9 255/40ZR17 Yok AVS ES100 tires
Rear S2000 CR: 49.6 lbs 17x8.5 255/40ZR17 Bridgestone Potenza RE070 tires

Enjoy.

IMG_2054sm.jpg

I wondered as much on this. It doesn't seem like the S2K CR wheels are any lighter than stock S2K wheels.

If my wheel place can get the TPMS sensors to fit I may go ahead and put NSX wheels on my CR for weight savings.

Isn't this a safer setup? I mean, doesn't the sticker tire in the back cause understeer?

The front says to the rear - you push i steer, its safer to steer and not push that the other way arround.

Last edited:
yes understeer is safer in general terms because the natural instinct of the average driver is to press the brakes in a panic situation.

Back