• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCapades 2013

I could only be there for today, but it was a lot of fun. The drive was an awesome workout for the new supercharger, which performed flawlessly. And while most of the USA shivers, the weather could not have been better. It was *perfect*. The only possible complaint being that the sun made photography a challenge. I'll post a few and trust that better photogs than I can fill in the gaps.

I believe there were 19 NSXs altogether.
DSC_2455.jpg

The group drive was a blast. I went to the redline many times. Many. Times.
DSC_2459.jpg

Lunch at JB Boondocks was timely. I'd been up since early-thirty and all that shifting and pressing the gas pedal had made me hungry.
DSC_2466.jpg

Until next year!
DSC_2475.jpg

Last edited:
On to more of a mature note, I had a great time this weekend, lots of great memories. Good to see old friends again. Thanks to all, shame we don't do this more often.

On to more of a mature note, I had a great time this weekend, lots of great memories. Good to see old friends again. Thanks to all, shame we don't do this more often.
We really should do something like this more then once a year. It's such a great experience having all of these Nsx's all together

A few folks pinged me about my determination to run home up Rt 17 to Palatka and then head East to St Augustine.

So I left with Nabil, had him drive my car for a bit to see what he thought (all good news, thanks Nabil!), did a couple of errands in Altamont, jumped on I-4 for 4 exits and then headed north. 5 minutes later I am stuck at a roadblock for the tail end of the Debary/Deland Christmas Parade. Tried to go around but didn't work and was told by (grinning) cops I could follow at the back, cheering crowds and all..... Thanks, but no thanks. Didn't have a pen for autographs... ;o)

So I doubled back and blasted up I-4 to I-95. Maybe next time I get to dodge deer and bears Rt 17.... :eek:)

Great weekend, looking forwards to trying to keep up with Skippy next time....!

Wow - what a fantastic weekend! How to sum it up? Nice people/good friends, lots of NSX driving (with lots of other NSX'es), shooting out in the country, bump-and-grind go-karting, and great food (and throw in some more NSX driving.) (Not necessarily in that order...) I used the redline *more* this weekend than I have all year and probably added about as many miles for the year as well.

A huge thank you to Nabil and Regina for allowing us to use their 'private' gun range (some beautiful river-side land.) And thanks to Ole/Wei-Shen for organizing a great weekend. I think we really do miss the mid-year event around Jun/July/Aug.

My pathetic attempts to take a few pics are below. (And I only realized this morning that a setting on my camera was causing blur wtih the slightest motion in-frame. >.< )

It's the end of the road, no thru-traffic, so why not park on the street?

1024_DSCN3203.jpg

Hal forgot something or is breaking into his own car...it's 50/50...

1024_DSCN3204.jpg

Disorganized gun range parking...

1024_DSCN3206.jpg

Setting up on the range...

1024_DSCN3211.jpg

Nabil showing how it's done...

1024_DSCN3212.jpg

Packing it up - late for dinner!

1024_DSCN3222.jpg

Sunday morning drive - side stop at Wei-Shen's

1024_DSCN3229.jpg

Passed by horses...

1024_DSCN3236.jpg

Lined up for the start...

1024_DSCN3240.jpg

And off...

1024_DSCN3241.jpg

The Chin Motorsports TT

1024_DSCN3245.jpg

Lakeside lunch parking

1024_DSCN3248.jpg

1024_DSCN3251.jpg

1024_DSCN3253.jpg

1024_DSCN3256.jpg

1024_DSCN3257.jpg

1024_DSCN3260.jpg

A few ugly mugs - not counting Christine ;o)

1024_DSCN3262.jpg

Too many people for one table!

1024_DSCN3266.jpg

1024_DSCN3267.jpg

*** I'll be putting a full file of all pics online for download a little later for anyone that's interested.

Last edited:
had a great time....such a great group of ne friends i just made and thanks for having such an organized and fun time...Thanks Wei and Ole!

Back