• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCC – Saturday Aug 11 2012, 4-630pm, Goodwood Kartways, Stouffville Ontario

UPDATE: Given the expected thundershower, we are officially deferring the event to Saturday Sept 15 4-630pm. Please mark your calendar accordingly.

You read this right. We are finally running a more serious karting event, this time at the famous 1.0 km outdoor track of Goodway Kartways, Stouffville Ontario.

8521.jpg

Their track has recently been repaved and ready for racing. Goodwood is a professional karting facility that has groomed some of the finest Canadian drivers like Ron Fellows, Paul Tracy and Scott Goodyear. Now, you have the opportunity to race on the same track in high performing karts that can reach top speed of 75 km/h.

crkc2.jpg

Our plan is to rent the facility for 2 hours. We will be provided with protective race suits, helmets and gloves for our races. You will have time to run free practice, going through qualifying and then some actual racing with timed laps.

otp-3893.jpg

Cost of the event will be based on the number of participants. The more people attending, the lower the average pp cost:

1-20 people, $105 + HST
21-30 people, $95 + HST
31+ people, $85 + HST

Following conclusion of our races, our plan is to visit a local restaurant to enjoy a-la-carte group dinner.

You are welcome to extend invites to family and friends. If you are like some of us terrify in taking our NSX to the track, but would still enjoy some friendly competition, this is your chance. Remember, this is not the same as the electric karts at GPK Downsview, or the 6.5hp (45 km/h) gas karts used at FK Brampton. This is real kart racing (top speed 75km/h), so don’t miss the chance to try this out.

Minimum participant age is 16 regardless of height and weight.

So what you need to do next. Sign up right here to confirm your interest. If you plan to bring guests, please indicate as well.

1) Owen +3
2) Lionel
3) Bram
4) Chris L +2
5) Sean F +1
6) Rick J +3
7) Roy
8)
9) Daria +2
10) Mark B +1
11) Ian +1
12) Arshad
13)
14)
Total 24

Last edited:
Count me in. My cousin and best friend would also be interested in this.

If there is room for him let me know.

We are looking to fill at least 31 spots so please go ahead and invite your cousin and best friend. We will likely cap the event at 40 people so the sooner you sign up the better.

We are looking to fill at least 31 spots so please go ahead and invite your cousin and best friend. We will likely cap the event at 40 people so the sooner you sign up the better.

I will be there +1, possibly +2. Let's say +1 for now.

Yep, put me down. I'll also bring a couple of people with me also.
What's the youngest age they'll allow onto these karts? Adam is also interested.

What's the youngest age they'll allow onto these karts? Adam is also interested.

Good question, I have to find out. From the pictures the site, their junior crew seems to be around 10-12. I think Adam is good, but I will confirm. I wil count you in for 3 people?

EDIT:Minimum participatant age is 16 regardless of height and weight of individual.

Last edited:
I'll come out too..........can I get a handicap :rolleyes:

Sorry, can't make it as two wknds in a row with you is tought - LOL, something came up with friends visiting from out of town - but if they cancel one next knows. will know more mid nest week and I'll let you know so not to mess up your numbers.

I'm assuming you guys are running the 4-strokes, so I'll just join you with one of the same karts otherwise I'd have an unfair advantage (my 2-stroke will easily run > 100km/h)

Back