• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCC Christmas lunch-Sunday December 14 12:00noon-Hot House Cafe; Toronto

Sorry to break it to you guys, but the driving season is coming to a rapid and screeching halt sooner than later. We'll have to get our cars nestled tightly in their garages and drive cautiously through the winter with our enormous winter vehicles (except Lionel), only to reemerge in 5 or 6 months like something from a David Attenborough movie or an episode of Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom.

Let's look forward to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW_OB8HJSGI

and not focus on this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XptEEPi8oKs

With all this in mid, we'd like to get together one last time to put to bed an amazing 2014 driving season. We have scheduled our annual Christmas Brunch for Sunday December 14th at 12:00 noon at the "Hot House Cafe" near the lovely St. Lawrence Market in downtown Toronto. Located near the Esplanade and the historic Distillery District we should have a great time both during and after lunch. Pricing is competitive and the food excellent, having won an "OpenTable Diners Choice" award this year. If you'd like to check their website, please follow this link:

http://home.hothousecafe.com/

The address is:

35 Church St.
Toronto, ON
M5E 1T3
(416) 366-7800

This restaurant can comfortably hold 25-30 people so please sign up early to avoid any disappointment.

Don't delay, Sign up here:

1) Sean F.+1
2) Bram M. +1
3) Jim E. +1
4) William Y.
5) Bruno S. +1
6) Daria K. +1
7) Owen C.
8) Don + Rita
9) Shafik J. +1
10) John D. +1
11) Paul V. +1
12) Mike W.+1
13) Bash P +1
14) Lucas H. +1
15) Rob M. +1

Last edited:
Just to clarify, the Club was only able to get a reservation for between 25-30 seats for the Sunday brunch. This is the busy time of year for the Hot House due to the Christmas bazaar at the Disttillery District, therefore seating for the brunch is at a premium.
We will need to confirm the numbers for Brunch a few days prior to the event, so sign-up early.

Bram

Lucas+1

And not to derail the thread, but I have a request:
Does anyone have a 50 mm crank pulley removal tool that I could borrow at the brunch? I'm planning on doing my timing belt (on the CRX).

Please PM me if you've got one I can borrow. If you can't make the brunch, I can come to you!
Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Lucas

OK guys, thanks for all the support. We have reached our reservation limits, so now we have to go to the reserve list. Should anyone else wish to come we must have someone step aside to accommodate you. If you don't think you'll be able to make it to brunch, please let us know, so we can let the next in line join us.

Thanks guys!

Sorry Gents for the late response, but Laurie and I will not be able to make it this Sunday. Season greetings....looking forward to the summer already.....Talk soon....Jim

Ladies and gentlemen, with the merry season upon us, be sure to bring a few extra bucks to the lunch on Sunday. We plan on bringing some NSX related items to be raffled off.

I look forward to seeing you all!

The restaurant is located at Church & Front. For some strange reason, Hot House Café shows up near the Weston Rd & 401 on my iPhone. However, on my laptop the address shows the correct downtown location. Hope you all find us!

Great to see everyone today at the NSXCC Xmas brunch, great food, excellent company Happy holidays everyone and see you all next year.

Congratulation to Jim MacLellan, Jim was awarded the NSXCC member for year 2014 Plaque.

Lastly, thank you for your support with the raffle today, we collected $230.00. All together we have donated $530.00 in 2014 to the Sick Kids Fundation under the NSX Culb of Canada.

Thanks
Bram

Hi all, it was nice seeing the club members again :) Trying to upload pictures, I clicked the 'Insert Image', browsed for my image and press upload, but it doesn't seem to be loaded. Any ideas why? Incompatible browser?

Back