• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCC Holiday Brunch, Sun Dec 5 2010 1pm, Boiler House in the Distillery District

On Sunday Dec 5 2010, we are planning to organize our very first NSXCC Holiday Brunch at the Boiler House Restaurant, located in the historical Distillery District just east of Downtown Toronto.

For those who never visited, the Distillery District is a national Historic Site with an incredibly rich history. The site was once The Gooderham and Worts Distillery, and represents the largest and best preserved collection of Victorian Industrial Architecture in North America. Here is the link to more of its history and evolution.

http://www.thedistillerydistrict.com/

Distillery2.jpg

Distillery1.jpg

The idea here is to capture the Holiday Spirit at this pre-holiday event, so dress for the occasion and bring your family out for a nice gathering among friends. With all of our cars tucked away by then, it would be a good time to reflect and celebrate a successful 2010.

Boiler House was voted Best Brunch by Toronto Life magazine, with live Jazz band features an upscale all-you-can-eat buffet with peel-and-eat shrimp, roast station, waffle and omelet stations, eggs benedict and smoked salmon just to name a few.

BoilerHouse3.jpg

BoilerHouse1.jpg

BoilerHousemap.gif

So come on out and celebrate the holiday season with the club, and make this a family event. There are lots to experience at the Distillery District. Price for brunch is $24.95/person. We need to finalize reservation on or before Nov 21 but don't wait til then to sign up. Do it now!!

1) Owen & Karen
2) Bram & Nancy
3) Bash & Urbs
4) John & Christine
5) Daria & Glynis
6) Robert, Michelle & Rhys
7) Paul K
8) Roy
9) Rick & Christine
10) Henry +1
11) Ravi +1
12) Richie, Tony, and Bobby
13) Jim

Last edited:
Anything with "Distillery" in it's name has my attention! Christine and John will be there.

Anything with "Distillery" in it's name has my attention! Christine and John will be there.

In promoting the event, I knew we needed some key words to catch people's attention. Glad it worked on you. Judging by Robert's quick sign up, it would appear to work on him also.

me plus 1 plz.

If its not too late Me, Tony, & Bobby so 3 all together.

Thanks,

Wow, This going to be a great Brunch, I hope we get a nice private area where we can exchange stories. Both Roy and I can tell our our stories of Fiesta.

If you guys like I can bring some of the stuff I got from NSX Fiesta to pass around.

Bram

Wow, This going to be a great Brunch, I hope we get a nice private area where we can exchange stories. Both Roy and I can tell our our stories of Fiesta.

If you guys like I can bring some of the stuff I got from NSX Fiesta to pass around.

Bram

Private area? We have a prime spot close to the food!!!!

Bring anything and everything from fiesta!

I really wound put an effort to show up to see everyone and to hear all the stories. Dec 5 is my Birthday 29 (forever). Family coming over in the afternoon, Breakfast in bed, NS~X all day oops! to many details anyway since it's close I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Happy birthday Rick. You should come out to celebrate. Brunch doesn't start til 1pm so you have plenty of time for breakfast in bed and all the other stuff you mentioned that we didn't need to know about. You will still have time to spend time with family after brunch.

Not to mention the auction result.

Last edited:
It was another great turn out today. We enjoyed a wonderful brunch, awesome friends, Fiesta stories, even baby Rhy made a cameo appearance for being our youngest member. The cold and snowy weather didn't dampen our spirits, and there were plenty of laughters to go around. A wonderful way to kick start our holiday season.

Congratulation to Rick (nsxtreme91) on his winning bid ($1125) for the $2500 SOS gift certificate. He not only won the auction, and he celebrated the win on his birthday. Happy Birthday big guy! Now on with the shopping.

To those who missed today's event, he are some teaser pics to hold you over until our next function. Enjoy.

IMG_4036.jpg

IMG_4034.jpg

IMG_4032.jpg

IMG_4029.jpg

IMG_4028.jpg

IMG_4027.jpg

IMG_4024.jpg

IMG_4023.jpg

Back