• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCC Holiday Lunch, Sun Dec 11 2011 1pm, Boiler House at the Distillery District

On Sunday Dec 11, we are hosting our annual NSXCC Holiday Lunch at the Boiler House Restaurant, located at the Distillery District just east of Downtown Toronto.

For those who never visited, the Distillery District is a national Historic Site with an incredibly rich history. The site was once The Gooderham and Worts Distillery, and represents the largest and best preserved collection of Victorian Industrial Architecture in North America. Here is the link to more of its history and evolution.

http://www.thedistillerydistrict.com/

Distillery2.jpg

Distillery1.jpg

The idea here is to capture the holiday spirit at this pre-holiday event, so dress for the occasion and bring your family out for a nice gathering among friends. With all of our cars tucked away by then, it would be a good time to reflect and celebrate a successful 2011.

Boiler House was voted Best Brunch by Toronto Life magazine, with live Jazz band features an upscale all-you-can-eat buffet with peel-and-eat shrimp, roast station, waffle and omelet stations, eggs benedict and smoked salmon just to name a few.

BoilerHouse3.jpg

BoilerHouse1.jpg

BoilerHousemap.gif

So come on out and celebrate the holiday season with the club, and make this a family event. There are lots to experience at the Distillery District. Price for brunch is $24.95/person and $12.95/kid under 12. We need to finalize reservation on or before Nov 30 but don't wait til then to sign up. Do it now!!

Signed up:

1) Owen & Karen
2) Bram & Nancy
3) Henry +3
4) Chris & Tiffany
5) Ed +3
6) John S, Carol +1
7) John G & Christine
8) Jim & Laurie
9) Mario & Oksana
10) Daria & Glynis
11) Rick & Renata
12)
13)

Last edited:
count our family in! unless we get a major snow storm that day......

ed, natashja, kyra and taya (my 2 daughters)

Hi , got good news and bad news. First with the bad. We will not make it this Sunday. Now with the good! We can't make it because we had our second child last night and youngest NSXCC member. Ryker Magro born Dec 7,2011, 7.1lbs. He will be at next event!

Okay for everyone who has confirmed, we are set for Sunday.

To those who expects last min showing. It could be standing room only as Boiler House had indicated they cannot guarantee extra space. For the existing 25-27 people I think we are good, but if we go far beyond the 30 mark, it could be tough to find a seat.

I am sure we can manage but just in case you plan to join and found yourself without a seat on Sunday, this is just a headsup on why.

hey everyone, im sorry to say that my family and I will be unable to attend the lunch tomorrow. The kids and Natashja have the flu so we are not going anywhere tomorrow.
Merry Christmas everyone! ...would have prefferred to wish everyone that in person.

Congrats as well Rob and Michelle!!, welcome to the club Ryker

eddy

Sorry we couldn't make it this time around. There's just too much going on around the holidays. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves.

Back