• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2001 Update

Since they drove to California, I'm assuming some of the Florida crew is planning to drive this year as well..?

Anyone else from the southeast planning to make the trip? I'm going from VA but I have not decided if I'll drive or ship my car. If I can find a caravan passing somewhere nearby I'll probably drive, if not I'll probably ship.

As part of my recent move, I'm looking into shipping my NSX from CHICAGO to MIAMI / LAUDERDALE

Summary of quotes received to-date (all for ENCLOSED truck unless indicated otherwise):

Intercity (800-221-3936 - Bob Sellers): no can do
Allen (800-722-2267 - Jordan): $1750 ($875 open)
CarMovers.com: $1445 ($645 open)
AutoMoversOnline Inc: $1350 ($675 open)
eTransAuto.com: $1195
Express Auto Transport: $1095 ($595 open)
VIP Transport (888-428-5847 - Gordon/Jerry): $1050
Reliable Carriers (Ben Obrochta): $893 -- lowest so far

More info here --> http://www.nsxsc.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000108.html

Web Directory -> http://www.movecars.com/

I recently assisted with the transaction for an NSX club member on the west coast who purchased a car from a seller here on the east coast near where I live. The seller delivered the car to me, I inspected it, made sure all the forms were filled out properly, then gave the seller the cashier's check from the buyer. I also met with the transport company and oversaw them loading it.

Anyway, the point of the story is that the buyer used Reliable Carriers, the one who was the lowest price quote on your list, for enclosed transport coast-to-coast. Pickup was within a few days. The truck they used looked brand new and was very nice. They did a very professional job and the buyer got the car very quickly and in exactly the same condition as it was when loaded into the truck.

I have paid twice as much for transport in the past simply because I was always afraid of the lower-priced ones, but I plan to use Reliable next time I ship a car via enclosed transport.

Since they drove to California, I'm assuming some of the Florida crew is planning to drive this year as well..?

Anyone else from the southeast planning to make the trip?

Florida convoy coordinator is Wei-Shen Chin, 407-832-0176 or [email protected]

Miami and South Florida NSXCA members will drive up to Orlando Sunday afternoon. Leaving Orlando on Monday Oct. 15th, arriving in Atlanta Oct.15th, leaving Atlanta for Chicago Oct.16th (via Nashville), then driving from Chicago with you all on Wed. Oct.17th bound for Elkhart Lake for arrival Wed. Oct. 17th. Details will be uploaded to www.NSXFlorida.com

Are there any South Carolina NSX'r going up?
I am planning on the trip too. If I have to meet up with the Florida guys on the way to ATL., I can. However, It would be nice to travel with some buddies. Charles ([email protected])in Charleston, SC. Write me back with info

Originally posted by Lud:
...the buyer used Reliable Carriers, the one who was the lowest price quote on your list, for enclosed transport coast-to-coast. Pickup was within a few days. The truck they used looked brand new and was very nice. They did a very professional job and the buyer got the car very quickly and in exactly the same condition as it was when loaded into the truck.

I have paid twice as much for transport in the past simply because I was always afraid of the lower-priced ones, but I plan to use Reliable next time I ship a car via enclosed transport.

I used RELIABLE to ship my NSX from Chicago to South Florida (Ft Lauderdale area).

My NSX arrived last weekend (Sunday 19-AUG) -- in great shape, and no problems (my car is lowered and has an aftermarket front spoiler).

I will definitely use these folks again, and would recommend them.

------------------
Manuel C
93 NSX S/B #394
93 300CE
93 NH750

Back