• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

nsxpo accommodations

are most of you staying at the osthoff resort as recommended in the nsxpo website?
any of you non-millionaires want to find a motel where we can congregate?

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhahahah maaaaan your funny lol@ you. mustafa.

Keep in mind that the rooms at the Osthoff resort are multi-room suites with separate bathrooms. If you are willing to share with another NSXer, you can keep the cost reasonable while still having separate bedrooms/bathrooms. That's one suggestion.

If that's not of interest, there are other, less-expensive hotels in Sheboygan and in Plymouth; a list will be included in the printed participant information, or you can look at the visitor information website maintained by the county's tourism bureau.

My first post on Prime...

Anyway, Ken, do we need to think about making our reservations now (we are planning to stay at the Osthoff resort), or will there be a sufficient number of rooms available for the event?

Also, we will be dropping our two border collies at my wife's parent's house in Chicago on our way up. Is there a place in or near Chicago where NSX'ers will be gathering to drive together for the rest of the way to Wisconsin?

Matt

------------------
2000 NSX-T
Silverstone/Black
8500 miles
No Mods

[This message has been edited by NSXForEver (edited 31 July 2001).]

do we need to think about making our reservations now (we are planning to stay at the Osthoff resort), or will there be a sufficient number of rooms available for the event?

There should be enough rooms between now and the deadline, but it would probably be a good idea to make your reservations now; you never know.

we will be dropping our two border collies at my wife's parent's house in Chicago on our way up.

Funny, we have had herding dogs (bearded collies) too. We're down to one now, and we've trained him to herd sheep. He's very good at it. Of course, there are border collies at the trainer's place. Do your dogs herd?

Is there a place in or near Chicago where NSX'ers will be gathering to drive together for the rest of the way to Wisconsin?

Yes. We'll be gathering at noon on Wednesday in the northern suburbs. We have two meeting places in mind and haven't decided on which one yet.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 31 July 2001).]

Thanks for the info, Ken.

Will there be private rooms available or do we need to plan on sharing? Also, if I call now and mention the NSXPO, will they know what I am talking about?

I'll keep an eye on the Midwest Events section for details on where everyone is meeting in Chicago. I'm not real wild about parking my NSX on the South side of Chicago (where my wife's parents live). So, my wife may run the dogs over there (she'll be in our SUV) while I drive ahead in the NSX to the meeting place. Then, she can catch up later, before we leave for Wisconsin.

Actually, I still haven't decided if I will drive my NSX up there at all. I don't plan on putting it on the track, so, if it's just going to sit in the hotel parking lot, I may just leave it at home.

Now, about our dogs...

Our border collies don't herd in the traditional sense, but they will round up the cats if they get outside. The funny thing is we never tried to train them to herd the cats. They just did it automatically. One day I pointed at the cat and said "bring the cat inside!". Our border collies ran around the cat and guided him in through the back door. Pretty cool.

Matt

Will there be private rooms available or do we need to plan on sharing?

You can rent a private room, of course. The rooms are suites - one-bedroom, two-bedroom, and three-bedroom. The multi-bedroom suites have two bathrooms. Sharing is merely an option for those looking to reduce cost, since the rooms are rather pricy if you're not sharing.

Staying at the headquarters hotel puts you in the middle of all the action, and is generally preferable to staying some distance away and driving back and forth.

Also, if I call now and mention the NSXPO, will they know what I am talking about?

Yes.

Actually, I still haven't decided if I will drive my NSX up there at all. I don't plan on putting it on the track, so, if it's just going to sit in the hotel parking lot, I may just leave it at home.

For those driving to the event, it's really a kick to drive up there in a whole group of NSX's, and to have your car in the group photo, and to drive your NSX with all the other NSX's up to Oshkosh, etc. For those flying long distances, having their car there is not much of an option, but I think most folks would prefer to have their own NSX there if it can be arranged. Your choice, of course.

I don't know anything about the Osthoff but we always stayed at Siebkens when I was in IMSA racing.

The Osthoff just opened a few years ago, and is already considered "the" place to stay in the area. It includes a bunch of time-share condominium units that are owned by some of the most famous names in racing.

Siebken's is a not-all-that-nice place with on-street parking only. If the price of the Osthoff is a problem, there are other choices in Sheboygan (13 miles away) and Plymouth (6 miles away) that would be preferable to Siebken's IMO.

For you NSXers on a budget i do have a couple rooms at my house that would accommodate 4 people. I plan on driving to and from the track each day and live 55 minutes away so e-mail me if your tight on $$ and need a place to stay. You must like Animals though we have three Newfoundlands and two Cats no Kids.

Steven Blk/Ivory

Back