• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO Caravan from Atlanta to Raleigh - Friday Oct 11, 2013

I wanted to start this thread to gauge interest for NSXPO 2013 in Raleigh NC.

Atlanta to Raleigh is only 400 miles. That's about 4 hours for NSXer and 6 hours for the average Ferrari driver :biggrin:

If you have never been to a NSXPO, you are missing out on quite a treat. It is a great time to meet new friends, see some great cars and for me, the caravan up to the location.

I will be signing up shortly at www.nsxpo2013.com

Let me know if you would like to join. I am sure later we will be linking up with the Florida and perhaps the SC group as we caravan up to NC. Let's see if we can get 30-40 cars rolling into Raleigh!

List
1. ARFNSX Alex
2. JLCoolman Jason
3. EIFFEL Eiffel
4. michl_moto Michael
5. NSXDAWG Brian
6. FLA_LIZ Liz
7. Craig Harris Craig
8. ???

Last edited:
The AD08 Rs I want won't be available till around October.
The AD08s I would be okay with getting are discontinued now and no rears are available anymore.

:frown:

The AD08 Rs I want won't be available till around October.
The AD08s I would be okay with getting are discontinued now and no rears are available anymore.

:frown:
there are thousands of tires available for a street NSX... Don't be so picky, or option 2, buy Dennis' rims and tires for the trip and then sell them when the new tires come in.
NSXPO will probably only be this close once in a blue moon.

I know, I know.

I'm tempted to get some S.drives for the time being, but they're a different category of tire.
It's also tempting to get them on my OEM wheels to have as back-up wheels, but that's a little excessive, lol.

I know, I know.

I'm tempted to get some S.drives for the time being, but they're a different category of tire.
It's also tempting to get them on my OEM wheels to have as back-up wheels, but that's a little excessive, lol.

Excessive would be buying a tire store so you could fit your NSX for the trip to Raleigh. All you need is a set of 4. I've got a right rear here in the garage somewhere that I'll loan you for the weekend. Maybe you can come up with 3 other Primers who'll throw in the other corners for you.

Buy some freaking tires man - you have to do it every 12k or so anyway.

Oh, and I'm now in charge (as if anyone can be 'in charge' of the herd of cats here on Prime) of creating the drive from Florida on up. Sooo, I'm probably a good guy to be in touch with for the caravan.

Last edited:
I am with flabuf on this one Jason; not coming to NSXPO because of tires will be a regrettable decision. I say get the Yokohame S-Drives and when the other tires come in stock just stack them in your garage.

Driving up to NSXPO is half of the fun.

I am with flabuf on this one Jason; not coming to NSXPO because of tires will be a regrettable decision. I say get the Yokohame S-Drives and when the other tires come in stock just stack them in your garage.

+1. And trying not to get pulled over by the police is the other half of the fun! :D

Excessive would be buying a tire store so you could fit your NSX for the trip to Raleigh. All you need is a set of 4. I've got a right rear here in the garage somewhere that I'll loan you for the weekend. Maybe you can come up with 3 other Primers who'll throw in the other corners for you.

Buy some freaking tires man - you have to do it every 12k or so anyway.

Oh, and I'm now in charge (as if anyone can be 'in charge' of the herd of cats here on Prime) of creating the drive from Florida on up. Sooo, I'm probably a good guy to be in touch with for the caravan.

Thanks for the offer Ole.

My AD08s lasted a lot longer than 12K, closer to 20K+. Also, opposed to the norm, my fronts wore out a lot quicker than my rears (but that's probably from having the original front toe-out bias).

I will buy some tires. I just haven't brought myself around to it yet, sigh.

I didn't say I was not going to NSXPO, haha.
Are you planning on both events or just the Social? I'm pretty sure I can only attend the Social, but it sure would be nice to get on VIR.

Part of me hopes the AD08 Rs will come out in time for NSXPO, but I know that's cutting it close. Plus I still have to make it two more months and with all the rain we have been getting, new tires would be smart.
Another part of me doesn't want to put the S.drives on the Type R wheels which would mean putting them on the OEM wheels.
On the other hand, I don't want to drive on anything but the Type R wheels.
Putting the S.drives on the Type R wheels and then swapping them out for the AD08 Rs when available is possible, but a lot of hassle.
Putting the S.drives on the OEM wheels and then putting the AD08 Rs on the Type R wheels when available is less hassle, but not by much.
And either way, I will have a set of wheels with tires just sitting around doing nothing, which seems like a waste.

Sorry for the ramblings that are the internal debates I constantly have.

I should just resign myself to running a set of S.drives till they wear out (granted they have a better treadwear rating which will take longer to wear down). Maybe it will give me incentive to drive the NSX even more so I can switch back to some AD08 Rs. LoL. Silly little me.

Last edited:
No excuses here. Just mumblings of a mad man, lol.

I'm glad it's on Columbus Day weekend, I get that Monday off and will only have to take off the Friday.

Have you registered yet?

Do you go through this sort of debate when deciding whether or not to take a beautiful lady home?

As Nike ad say 'Just Do It'!

Haha, you crack me up Ole.
Unfortunately, I never had that dilemma in the past... (no beautiful ladies wanted to go home with me).
Fortunately, that is not an issue anymore, I have my wonderful girlfriend now.

And a little update, the stars have aligned and I have a set of AD08 Rs that should be showing up on my doorstep today!

Jason just likes to create suspense! (aka drama) :biggrin:

So Jason got new tires so he is now going.

Michael Parenti and Charles Hudson and I have already registered.

Who is next?

I'm going to miss it??? Man this isn't fair :frown:

Why couldn't my child be born in any other month?

Or better... Why can't my NSX fit 4 comfortably :wink:
3736limo.jpg

3736nsx4door.jpg

I would say let's meet somewhere north of Atlanta off of the I-85 and travel north from there. Overall the drive time is 6 hours but with the stops and possibly meeting with the Florida crew, it might take 7hours or so

If meeting up with the Florida crew, I think I-20 to I-95 would make more sense.

If so, it would only be an extra 25 miles or so and not really any time difference.

Back