• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO Caravan from Atlanta to Raleigh - Friday Oct 11, 2013

If meeting up with the Florida crew, I think I-20 to I-95 would make more sense.

If so, it would only be an extra 25 miles or so and not really any time difference.

If you're planning on hooking up with the Florida crew, I recommend meeting up with us for lunch at Wholly Smokin in Florence - http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g54229-d3393228-Reviews-Wholly_Smokin_BBQ_and_Ribs-Florence_South_Carolina.html and head from there to the most fabulous gathering of NSX's in the world.

Who's in list?

Check out the Florida thread here: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/174966-Nsxpo

Here's my proposed map:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=orlando+to+raleigh&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8&ei=jvFAUs6cH4au9ATXyYHwCA&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAg

Last edited:
In order to meet up with the Florida and SC crew, I think it is best we drive I-20E to I-95N to Florence, SC. It will take about 4.5 hours and we can meet the Florida NSX Club by noon.

Overall this will add approximately 35 miles if we went up I-85N straight there.

I think this is the best plan. I figure we can meet at the Varsity or on I-20 east of the city.

YEAHHHHH! Glad to see EIFFEL will be going...tell him to bring tools incase my baby needs some TLC! GEES this thread needs to be changed to be titled TIRE DEBATE for NSXPO..that was painful to read LOL! I hate to make things more complicated but......I will be coming from North GA Mountains so where I can meet up with you all will be a logistic nightmare....esp. cuz I know you guys have to stop every 30 minutes for bathroom break!!! BAHHAHAHAHAAA!

Liz, I am surprised you remembered your password to NSXPRIME to log on to read this :biggrin:

I think it will be best for you to drive to downtown Atlanta so we can travel eastbound on I-20. I figure we can leave at 7am at the latest. This will give us time for approximately 2.5 bathroom breaks over a 4 hour period!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by arfnsx
I would say let's meet somewhere north of Atlanta off of the I-85 and travel north from there. Overall the drive time is 6 hours but with the stops and possibly meeting with the Florida crew, it might take 7hours or so
Or maybe a lot less depending on who is leading... :wink: I do think Liz is right, on the other hand, without adequate cup holders there will be a lot less ounces of coffee.

I think you need to grab Michael and tell him he can pick any NSX he wants from NSXPO for his birthday; but we all know yellow is everyones' favorite :biggrin:

You know you are going to regret not coming to NSXPO Tim :cool:

YEAHHHHH! Glad to see EIFFEL will be going...tell him to bring tools incase my baby needs some TLC! GEES this thread needs to be changed to be titled TIRE DEBATE for NSXPO..that was painful to read LOL! I hate to make things more complicated but......I will be coming from North GA Mountains so where I can meet up with you all will be a logistic nightmare....esp. cuz I know you guys have to stop every 30 minutes for bathroom break!!! BAHHAHAHAHAAA!

Sorry Liz, you know how long-winded I get with my stories. :redface:

Also, it might be easier for you to try and stay somewhere closer to Atlanta the night before, so you don't have to make a trek down in the morning just to meet up with everybody for an even longer trek. (I actually hope to do this myself.)

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by arfnsx
I would say let's meet somewhere north of Atlanta off of the I-85 and travel north from there. Overall the drive time is 6 hours but with the stops and possibly meeting with the Florida crew, it might take 7hours or so
Or maybe a lot less depending on who is leading... :wink: I do think Liz is right, on the other hand, without adequate cup holders there will be a lot less ounces of coffee.
Or we could do a restroom check at the start and then a pitstop-at-your-own-risk-mad-dash to the rendezvous point, last one there is a rotten egg.
lol, just kidding of course.

Last edited:
We've now got at least 7 cars coming up from Florida. Come join the fun in either Savannah, or Florence!

1. Flabuf - Ole - Sarasota
2. Docl - Delray Beach
3. Heretic - Steve - Sebring
4. ChicNSX - Central Florida
5. Fla NSX Fixer - Nabil
6. NSX-Ray - Wei-Shen
7. Hgunnerz

Anybody need a roommate?

I have a room with two beds at the Hilton Garden Inn and was hoping to split the costs with someone.

Jason,
I've never been to an NSXPO and am not registered... but I'm seriously wanting to go!
If you're room is still available I may take you up on the offer. Thx, Mike Z.

Jason,
I've never been to an NSXPO and am not registered... but I'm seriously wanting to go!

How can you go if you aren't registered?

Jason,

Mike,

You have to be both a member of the NSXCA and registered to go to the event. If you love your car and would enjoy the company of probably 100 others like you, get yourself a membership and register. You'll be sorry if you don't! You could go as Jason's guest but you still need to be registered (and you'll have to be ready for the jokes about being his 'significant other'!)

Here's a link for you - http://www.nsxpo2013.com/?page_id=26

Last edited:
Jason,

Hey Mike,

I've got a roommate now.

Like they said, if you can, register and go!

OK

ROLL CALL

We are meeting this Friday October 11th at 7am at the Varsity on North Ave. We will then travel south to I-20 Eastbound to Florence SC.

The Varsity: 61 North Ave NW, Atlanta, GA 30308

Can I get a final headcount so I know who to expect?

1. Alex
2. Eiffel
3. Squirrel aka JLCoolman

Last edited:
Just so we are clear Alex et al, I am getting in 11pm Friday night from NYC. I will head to the house pick up the car and hopefully meet you all in Raleigh by Saturday morning. See you all there!!

Back