• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO New Product Press Release - Oct 14, 2003 (part 1)!

NSXPO New Product Press Release - Oct 14, 2003

A number of new products were premiered at NSXPO 2003. Here are some details.

Cantrell Studios Wide Body Conversion
The new Cantrell Studios Wide Body Conversion presents several new firsts to the NSX community. After much difficulty with existing aftermarket body panels, a whole new approach to design and manufacturing was taken on by Cantrell Studios. All panels prototypes were built on factory body panels to insure proper fit and finish. Multi-axis bracing was used to insure uniformity during tooling manufacturing. Tooling (molds) was created with epoxy resin instead of polyester. While this increases the cost and difficulty of manufacturing, it insures that dimensions and fit of the resulting parts manufactured are correct. The goals for the production product were to maintain very high quality fit and finish, to produce a very strong but lightweight part, and to keep costs down.

The production parts are offered via two types of manufacturing. Panels are offered in FRP (fiberglass reinforced) as well as full vacuum bagged lightweight carbon fiber/epoxy construction. The FRP constructed panels feature strategic carbon fiber placement for strength and rigidity. The construction features strong FRP cloth and is unlike anything currently offered for the NSX. Fitment and strength is far superior to any existing aftermarket fiberglass panels offered.

We also offer professional race-grade vacuum bagged carbon fiber/epoxy/Nomex honeycomb bodies. Unlike other products consisting of wet lay-up carbon fiber construction (which results in no weight saving differences between fiberglass), these panels are true lightweight carbon constructed panels which have increased strength with lower weight than even the factory aluminum panels. When installed on our white 92, we saved 32 lbs using these products over the factory panels. This is the first wide body conversion package that we are aware of that results in lower weight than the factory body. The carbon fiber panels are finished in white primer to be painted. Exposed carbon fiber, such as what was shown on our black 92 at NSXPO is available by special order for an additional charge. Please inquire.

The conversion kit also features a number of other refinements. The rocker panels (side skirts) are the first ever for the NSX that do not require drilling into the body. Instead, the rockers mount to the factory mounting locations. The mounting hardware is completely hidden, and does not damage the factory body. The rocker panels tuck into the body, away from the jacking points, unlike other side skirt products. Even when lowered 1.5", the car can still be raised by the factory jacking points by a common low profile jack. The conversion kit features an integrated billet race filler assembly. This filler assembly is the same type as featured on the McLaren F1 supercar. The conversion kit is offered with two options for the front end. The JGTC conversion option is available to replicate the JGTC 2003 GT NSXes from Japan. The fenders and bumper are stretched several inches for additional wheel clearance and aggressive stance. Also, a less aggressive widened front fender kit is available for use with stock-dimension bumpers.

The net result of this is a wide body conversion that mounts like factory panels; features impressive build quality beyond anything previously offered for the NSX either from Japan, the United States, or anywhere else; and featured pricing that is the same, if not lower, than any existing options. Pricing, photos, and details available here (this page will be updated heavily over this coming week):
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...s/NSX/Cantrell_Concepts/wide_body_conversion/

staging2.jpg

frontquarter.jpg

ScienceofSpeed Super Induction Velocity Stacks
The prototype ScienceofSpeed Super Induction Velocity Stack kit was also shown and run on our 92 at NSXPO. While still in the tuning phase, the kit is near completion. A tremendous amount of R&D has been placed into this product, which has resulted in a number of firsts for individual throttle body setups. Our NSX kit features a 3 axis billet intake manifold that is port matched to the ovoid intake port and round throttle body and billet linkage with encapsulated bearings for smooth throttle pedal operation. The stacks can also be used with our carbon fiber induction box that attaches to the hatch duct shown, or to the side intake vents. Detailed pricing and dyno graphs of this kit and our head package will be available soon.

hatchclosedleft.jpg

ScienceofSpeed Moton Adjustable Coilover Suspension
Our white car featured the new ScienceofSpeed Moton Adjustable Coilover Suspension for the NSX. You may recognize this suspension, as it is used by RealTime Racing on the team's GT NSX racecar. The Moton suspension is truly amazing. Using a large 22mm piston diameter, external reservoir canisters, and a high pressure charge, the suspension soaks up even small suspension movement with large fluid displacement. The greater force generated by the suspension allows lower spring rates to be used for rebound. The suspension has been the smoothest and most supple aftermarket coilover system I have ever driven, but was absolutely amazing on the track even at low speeds. The system includes everything for bolt-on installation to the NSX including dampers, springs, reservoirs, upper pillow mount, lower mount, brackets, and reservoir bottle clamps. Pricing to be announced.

enginebayopen2.jpg

Rapid Billet Steering Hub
A new product from ScienceofSpeed is the Rapid Billet Steering Hub. The steering hub has several unique features such as the ability to retain the factory cable reel. Functions such as horn and cruise control can be retained. The hub is the only one to have channels for accessory wires to control functions such as cruise control or nitrous activation. All of our cars at NSXPO featured this hub with MOMO, Sparco, and Mugen wheels. The hub is also the lowest priced billet hub available for the NSX! Please see it online now: http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...s/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/steering_hub/default.asp

hubpair.jpg

ScienceofSpeed Billet Rear Shock Tower Brace
Our new billet rear shock tower brace features a unique webbed design for optimal strength and weight savings. The bar features a reversible design for mounting up or down based on your preferences. Constructed from 6061 T6 aluminum, the bar is also compatible with our velocity stack kit. Available in clear or red anodized finish.

ScienceofSpeed Carbon Fiber R-Style Seats
Featured at our booth was the new ScienceofSpeed Carbon Fiber R-Style Seats. Available with cloth or leather trim, the seats feature lightweight vacuum bagged carbon fiber/epoxy/honeycomb construction. The ergonomics and quality of these seats rival the best seats from Recaro for about half of what a comparable carbon seat would cost.

We will have many updates to these and other products over this coming week.

Thanks again for an awesome experience at NSXPO!

best regards,
-- Chris

Could the widebody parts be purchased separately?

It's a little premature to give horsepower figures, however, we're calculating between 300-320 rwhp with the head package and velocity stacks.

The wide body conversion parts can be purchased separately. We will be working this week on providing numbers for each part.

The headlight conversion is still work in progress as we're trying to work out some faults with the original design. Fitment and finish will be much better.

Cheers,
-- C

More info on the CF seats, rails, sliders & price

and the weight of the entire package (seat, railing, slider). The size of the seat with info on the different dimensions would be invaluable as well.
Thanks.

Re: More info on the CF seats, rails, sliders & price

shiftright2 said:
The size of the seat with info on the different dimensions would be invaluable as well.
Yep, because from just looking at them at XPO it looked like they would fit Chris the Pink Panther just fine, but I don't know about my whale of an a$$.:D They sure were nice looking seats!

FuryNSX said:
Chris,

I can't wait to hear pricing info and pics of the seats. Any idea of time frame for those items?

-Randy

Same question but also how much and can you show some pics of the seats?

Thanks for posting the pics. Too narrow for this wide Ronzoni made body. I was hoping they would be like the type "S" Japanese version(like in my avatar) and wider, like me.

love the seats..
wallet feels slightly lighter :)

NSXPO 2007

Attachments

• soshsc.jpg
    soshsc.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,074
Any word on a solution to our camber problem? I just noticed the thread on the inside of my back tires are showing after a few thousand miles. :(

Guttiensx said:
Z go get your alignment fixed...I'll go with you, discount maybe?

Jeremy, I have had my alignment done twice and they've made it the least negative camber possible, but it still has too much negative camber due to my drop(-3?). I heard a rumor SOS was designing a solution. I have my fingers crossed.

umm....just wondering, what parts exactly are replaced with the wide body conversion?

Is this ready to ship?

also, Chris are you getting any of my emails? I've emailed maybe twice before with no response...

Hi Richard -- I trust that you have the replies to your questions now.

The wide body conversion consists of the wide bumper, fenders, rockers, rocker mounting kit, quarters, and billet race filler. In addition, we will have our "GT" kit available soon that utilizes any factory width bumper. The parts are ready now, and we have begun shipping. We are updating the wide body conversion web pages, and should have individual pricing posted by tomorrow.

Thank you for your interest,
-- Chris

Back