• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXpo Travel Distances?

So, how far did everyone end up driving to get to and from NSXpo? I loved listening to the SoCal people complain bitterly about their long drive :biggrin:

Round trip from my driveway and back, I racked up 5,443 kilometers, or 3,382 miles for my US hosts! So lets hear it, I know there was more then a few of you who went much further then I did!

I'll post the actual mileage when I get home (still on the way!), but as of today, 5,457 miles with about 250 to go.:smile:

My money is on jukngene for distance ......... besides, his pics tell a nice story of a happy NSX and its owner. :smile:

Just got back with 3900 miles on the TUNDRA. That's TN to NV no side trips. Also an extra 600 on the NSX. 200 of those on the track at Spring Mountain::smile:

My money is on jukngene for distance ......... besides, his pics tell a nice story of a happy NSX and its owner. :smile:

Thanks, Rich! I just pulled in to home, with 6,044 miles on the odometer for the trip. I still think Howard will top that, since he's still traveling. I'll post a wrap-up later tonight on my other thread after I get settled in here. I will have to say this was one hell of a great trip. I enjoyed every minute! :smile:

Distance travelled from the time I left my driveway in Houston, went to Vegas, did a few events, and drove back: 3,335.5.
133.043 gallons of gas burned. Cost of gas: $405.50.

No rock chips, no door dings.:biggrin:
Thing is, the NSX came back a better car than it left. A lot of little problems worked themselves out on the trip:
The little car symbol in the cluster would flash periodically (you know, the one showing if a door or the trunk is open). It stopped flashing and now is normal.
The indicator light for a burned out tail lamp never would go out, even though my tail lamps are fine. That went out.
The clunky CD player would only play discs 1 & 2. Now it shuffles through them all.
And other assorted small stuff. Everything works perfectly now. So now I have one more reason to get it out of the garage and stop treating it like a queen. Use it or lose it, guys!

Distance travelled from the time I left my driveway in Houston, went to Vegas, did a few events, and drove back: 3,335.5.
133.043 gallons of gas burned. Cost of gas: $405.50.

No rock chips, no door dings.:biggrin:
Thing is, the NSX came back a better car than it left. A lot of little problems worked themselves out on the trip:
The little car symbol in the cluster would flash periodically (you know, the one showing if a door or the trunk is open). It stopped flashing and now is normal.
The indicator light for a burned out tail lamp never would go out, even though my tail lamps are fine. That went out.
The clunky CD player would only play discs 1 & 2. Now it shuffles through them all.
And other assorted small stuff. Everything works perfectly now. So now I have one more reason to get it out of the garage and stop treating it like a queen. Use it or lose it, guys!

Poor girl just wanted to be driven.

My NSXPO trip was 7512 miles. It included 5 National Parks and 3 National Monunents. In all I traveled in 12 States, and used 272.155 gal. of gas, at a cost of $840.09 The highest point was Pikes Peak in CO. elevation 14110 feet. The higest speed was 130MPH+ on the track at Spring Mountain (not my car) I also needed a pair of 265/35ZR18 tires at a cost of $525. I did lose $50 at the Black Jack tables in the South Point, while playing with my Son.
Other than stone chips the only damage was minor damage to spoiler. The car preformed flawlessly, no other fluids were required. The cars mileage is now 123941.
What a GREAT RIDE. All ready looking forward to next year.Howard

^^^Congratulations on a great trip, Howard! Thanks for posting the saga of your trip, which inspired me to post mine. Looking forward to seeing you next year, wherever NSXPO brings us together.

So, how far did everyone end up driving to get to and from NSXpo? I loved listening to the SoCal people complain bitterly about their long drive :biggrin:

Round trip from my driveway and back, I racked up 5,443 kilometers, or 3,382 miles for my US hosts! So lets hear it, I know there was more then a few of you who went much further then I did!

Sean,
Glad to see that you were able to make it this year. We met in Portland a couple years ago. Maybe we can see ya next year. I was on the other side of the earth this year, bad timing.
Brad

Hey Brad,

Good to hear from you. I know your line of work makes for some interesting travel, so maybe we'll both be able to hit the next one up :cool:

Thanks for the travel updates everyone, that's some damn fine dedication to NSXpo some of you have there!!

We; Lori & I went CT to Cleviland OH , St Louis, KC Mo, Denver,Co I 70 snow storm To the Utah border to I 15 to Las Vegas.. Then the I 40 route home with stops at Lake Mead, a flat right front tire about 20 miles west of Kingman Az. Put on the 19yr. old blowup spare and got to Kingman for a rape at the local Goodyear Dlr. wasnt GOOD!! Then stop in at the famous Steak Rest. in Amarillo TX. visited friends in Memphis Tenn. then Sister & Brother in law in Miss. on to Barber Motorsports Park to visit the fantastic Motorcycle & Lotus Car Collection about 900 pieces in all on display on 5 levels.. then home to CT. The last days drive from Clevland Tenn to home was 950 miles in 15 hours.. total mileage 6952. Happy Holidays to All

Clem & Lori Beauchemin:smile::smile:

Back