• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO Weekend Event Schedule?

i know i know. shame on me but i havent been keeping up with the event schedule for the nsxpo. im only interested in this weekend which consists of the run, food, and just to hang out with everybody else.

what exactly is the schedule for this weekend saturday? time, and places? thanks

If you registered for the event, a complete detailed schedule should have been e-mailed to you earlier today.

If you are not registered for the event, it's too late to do so.

As Ken indicated, everyone who registered and paid should have received the packet this afternoon. Did you register?

The schedule is not being published online since the events planned are closed and are for paying members only.

I just checked the updated list and don't see you registered for the event. As indicated in several places on Prime, this is an event that requires advance registration and payment. It is not possible to just show up and hang out. Credentials are required for all events planned and only paid attendees are provided with the credentials and access passes.

I just checked the updated list and don't see you registered for the event. As indicated in several places on Prime, this is an event that requires advance registration and payment. It is not possible to just show up and hang out. Credentials are required for all events planned and only paid attendees are provided with the credentials and access passes.
that is why i choose not to attend nsx events, other exotic car guys are much nicer lol. But if anybody is in the area and needs a technician don't be afraid to contact me i am 30-40 mins from the millville track.

that is why i choose not to attend nsx events, other exotic car guys are much nicer lol. But if anybody is in the area and needs a technician don't be afraid to contact me i am 30-40 mins from the millville track.

So let's see.

The NSXCA enters into contracts with hotels, caterers, museums, karting facilties, tracks, etc and expends upwards of $75,000 for NSXCA members to attend NSXPO. 125 members pay a registration fee to be able to attend, dine, drive, etc.

And for some reason you think we owe it to you to let you go free? :rolleyes:

So let's see.

The NSXCA enters into contracts with hotels, caterers, museums, karting facilties, tracks, etc and expends upwards of $75,000 for NSXCA members to attend NSXPO. 125 members pay a registration fee to be able to attend, dine, drive, etc.

And for some reason you think we owe it to you to let you go free? :rolleyes:
Didn't say that, i just said i don't attend nsx events because of the people basically. I have been to meets and events with exotic car owners and they are 10 times more friendly. Sorry just my personal experience.

Didn't say that, i just said i don't attend nsx events because of the people basically. I have been to meets and events with exotic car owners and they are 10 times more friendly. Sorry just my personal experience.

B-Doc.....I hear ya.....don't lose hope....we are not all A-Holes.......:biggrin:

B-Doc.....I hear ya.....don't lose hope....we are not all A-Holes.......:biggrin:
Ha Ha i know that. So far i have only met 2 nice nsx owners....

As an attendee, from my point of view, you are the one being a jerk. You are essentially calling NSXPO attendees insincere without even making the effort to attend the event. Why not try to see it from our point of view and actually make a concerted effort to attend the event without making generalized off handed remarks?

This isn't Cars n Coffee; this is a highly organized 5 day event.

I understand the point of the view of the organizers, but I also understand the feeling some have regarding the event. I think everyone understands the amount of work and money it takes to put on any well organized event.

But all I think some would want is to chat with like minded NSX owners when there may be a social time on a drive, in a parking lot, for a group pic? etc. Anything that doesn't infringe on events which those who registered paid for.

Honestly the tone in which people are shunned away is discouraging IMO.

I understand the point of the view of the organizers, but I also understand the feeling some have regarding the event. I think everyone understands the amount of work and money it takes to put on any well organized event.

But all I think some would want is to chat with like minded NSX owners when there may be a social time on a drive, in a parking lot, for a group pic? etc. Anything that doesn't infringe on events which those who registered paid for.

Honestly the tone in which people are shunned away is discouraging IMO.

This is what literally every other event every other weekend of every year is for. Cars and coffee, fun runs... The list is endless.

Paid events have tight, closed, schedules because people who pay hundreds of dollars for a convention *want* a tight closed schedule.

If there is time when folks are just milling around in a parking lot waiting for anyone to happen by, then it isnt much of a convention.

Surely thats obvious and this entire thread is just a bit ridiculous, no? It sounds like self entitled whining honestly (and no, Im not attending)

Try attending *any* other closed, paid, event of *any* kind because you "want to hang out and meet people" and see how far you get. This isnt some outrageous concept.

This is what literally every other event every other weekend of every year is for. Cars and coffee, fun runs... The list is endless.

Paid events have tight, closed, schedules because people who pay hundreds of dollars for a convention *want* a tight closed schedule.

If there is time when folks are just milling around in a parking lot waiting for anyone to happen by, then it isnt much of a convention.

Surely thats obvious and this entire thread is just a bit ridiculous, no? It sounds like self entitled whining honestly (and no, Im not attending)

Try attending *any* other closed, paid, event of *any* kind because you "want to hang out and meet people" and see how far you get. This isnt some outrageous concept.

I understand, and agree to a point. It just doesn't seem to jive with the feeling of community the community at large tries to sell.

In any case, I'll probably attend one of these some day, it just seems odd that people local to the chosen location of the year couldn't say hello if not registered.

it just seems odd that people local to the chosen location of the year couldn't say hello if not registered.

Being local was the best opportunity for someone to register, attend and enjoy all the events just like everyone else. Living in the Bronx doesn't mean that locals can show up at the playoffs in yankee stadium in a few weeks and hang out at the game without having a ticket.

The schedule is tightly timed and each event includes a paid meal or entrance fee. There is no "hanging around" time. We pay to hire private security to watch our cars so there is no access to others who have not registered. We do this to protect those who chose to register for this annual international event. Each member has credentials that get checked so that we know there are no "party crashers".

Several years ago in florida we contracted for private access to an aviation museum and held a group photo there. We were legally liable for any damage and we paid for our members to attend. Two non-members showed up and then proceeded to do burnouts on museum property near priceless planes that were out for us for our group photo. The police and museum officials naturally were quite annoyed. The NSXCA would have been liable for damage caused by their stupidity.

Is that fair to the club and the paying members who chose to attend?

We have members from the United States, Canada, Japan, Norway and New Zealand who paid and traveled great distances to attend. Quite honestly, if someone is local and doesn't show the same initiative to actually pay the fairly nominal registration fees then that is their loss.

I understand, and agree to a point. It just doesn't seem to jive with the feeling of community the community at large tries to sell.

I have a feeling that you believe that NSX Prime and NSXCA are associated. They are not. NSX Prime is just an internet community where the NSXCA is able to promote their organization to get exposure to NSX owners. I never would have discovered the NSXCA if it wasn't for NSX Prime. And as a result I wouldn't have meet so many great people at the NSXPO's that I paid for and attended.

In any case, I'll probably attend one of these some day, it just seems odd that people local to the chosen location of the year couldn't say hello if not registered.

The local owners are given the same chance to attend NSXPO as everyone else. Their decision not to attend is their choice.

Have you ever tried to attend a concours event that was local to you where an admission was charged? NSXPO is basically the same thing. If you want to hang out with other owners there are always local gtg's that are publicized here. In fact, someone in the NE had a gtg for those owners not going to NSXPO. Why did you not go there? It was free.

Being local was the best opportunity for someone to register, attend and enjoy all the events just like everyone else. Living in the Bronx doesn't mean that locals can show up at the playoffs in yankee stadium in a few weeks and hang out at the game without having a ticket.

The schedule is tightly timed and each event includes a paid meal or entrance fee. There is no "hanging around" time. We pay to hire private security to watch our cars so there is no access to others who have not registered. We do this to protect those who chose to register for this annual international event. Each member has credentials that get checked so that we know there are no "party crashers".

Several years ago in florida we contracted for private access to an aviation museum and held a group photo there. We were legally liable for any damage and we paid for our members to attend. Two non-members showed up and then proceeded to do burnouts on museum property near priceless planes that were out for us for our group photo. The police and museum officials naturally were quite annoyed. The NSXCA would have been liable for damage caused by their stupidity.

Is that fair to the club and the paying members who chose to attend?

We have members from the United States, Canada, Japan, Norway and New Zealand who paid and traveled great distances to attend. Quite honestly, if someone is local and doesn't show the same initiative to actually pay the fairly nominal registration fees then that is their loss.

Part of my reason for even entering this discussion/thread is to flush out the topic(as it seemed there were tidbits of legitimate reasoning here and there, but the overall feeling was, "If you aren't able to attend/register/commit, sucks for you, stay away"). It may be a good idea for someone to pick out some of the reasoning behind keeping it closed tight and create a sticky for all to refer to over the coming years.

I have a feeling that you believe that NSX Prime and NSXCA are associated. They are not. NSX Prime is just an internet community where the NSXCA is able to promote their organization to get exposure to NSX owners. I never would have discovered the NSXCA if it wasn't for NSX Prime. And as a result I wouldn't have meet so many great people at the NSXPO's that I paid for and attended.

The local owners are given the same chance to attend NSXPO as everyone else. Their decision not to attend is their choice.

Have you ever tried to attend a concours event that was local to you where an admission was charged? NSXPO is basically the same thing. If you want to hang out with other owners there are always local gtg's that are publicized here. In fact, someone in the NE had a gtg for those owners not going to NSXPO. Why did you not go there? It was free.

I never really gave a thought to if the two entities were related, just that we are all NSX owners as one community.

Time and or money may prohibit people from being able to commit to a long weekend event, and if the fabled NSXPO is in your back yard(but you are unable to commit for the entire event for whatever reason), it sucks for people to not be able to get a simple taste of what it's all about/miss out on the opportunity to meet the largest group of NSX owners in one place at the same time.

Maybe it would be a decent idea to integrate a controlled situation/event where locals could intermingle with the NSXPO goers as one of the scheduled events? I understand the worry that there may be a couple disrespectful people who do things as mentioned above. However if it was controlled enough, it's doable without an unwanted chaos.

I'm assuming the parking situation is fairly well controlled. If so, at this one event, every non registered car would have it's license plate and or drivers info checked in? Just throwing out simple ideas, but it seems there may be an opportunity to appease those who are relatively local to sample the goods and keep the event in tact at the same time?

Maybe it would be a decent idea to integrate a controlled situation/event where locals could intermingle with the NSXPO goers as one of the scheduled events?

The track portion of NSXPO is open for spectators who simply just need to ask and we will put them on our guest list for free (but naturally they need to sign a waiver at the track). The track group is smaller than the social portion but we have always had that open for others to attend as spectators (but with the understanding that the paid catering and track time is reserved for our paying members).

Just an observation, but it seems kind of "funny" that a large percentage of those complaining about having to pay to join NSXCA to participate at NSXPO, and those that don't see the necessity to pay to attend NSXPO, also are "registered users" of Prime, and don't see the need to "contribute" a small amount to Prime's upkeep and maintenace. I'm just saying, it's been a privilege to own and drive my NSX, to be able to attend casual "get togethers, about 5 River Runs, 3 NSXPO's, as well as make many lifetime friendships, all an added bonus to ownership. I've found the people that I've met on Prime, and through the NSXCA are some of the most generous and genuine people you'll meet anywhere. I attend many events at many different venues, have friends that own non "exotics", as well as those that own a couple of dozen "exotics", and here, you will find the best of the best. It's a shame that you missed an opportunity in your own back yard, to learn first hand, the real benefits of NSX ownership!!!!

So me, my brother, and my friends (silver s2000) attended a mini part of the nsxpo. Considering we did not pay and register for the actual event, what we did was go to the hotel just to see the cars and it was a pleasure to meet mike lasko, larry b, and joe lomoriello again.

We went ahead to the museum early just so we could tour at our own pace without the need of a proper guide.

At the end of the day, looking at the cars at the hotel lot and the museum satisfied out eyes' hunger for cars

Good luck to those going back home today. More luck to those attending the track event tomorrow

Last edited:
The security I question.There is a guy there watching but this guy did let a guy drive through and look at the cars.(when I was there) RS0 made it sound like the parking area was totally off limits. I was out there at 1am seeing if Hugo was done with my windows. All a sudden 4 civics pulled up and one got through. I talked to the guy for a little bit he seemed like a nice guy. I watched the whole time before he left. I also talked to the guard and he said " yeah people come in here and I tell them "just dont touch". Nothing seemed to go wrong. So I guess no harm no done? NSXPO is fun if the weather is great I bet. Also if the saturday drive doesnt get changed.

Last edited:
I am glad i said something, to make for a discussion where both sides plead their cases. The point i was making had nothing to do with paying to register and trying to get anything free. I had what you would call a bad experience in my opinion, at nsxstock a couple years ago. It was my first and last one for the record. It seemed like there was a "click" that i wasn't part of.

I have been to many meets, track event, organized gatherings etc.. over the years and the all nsx stuff was the only thing to rub me the wrong way. I am not trying to rope every owner together and say you are the same because i know thats not true.

Those that have met me, saw my car and figured i would be stuck u and pompous, but i quickly prove that wrong and they see i am a nice generous guy.

So to conclude, i would have had to take off of work and hope that i would not have the same experience i had before. You guys and gals enjoy the event. I would like to meet some other owners one day that prove me wrong but for now i will stay away.

just wanted to add my 2cents to this topic, as a local here, some of you might know me, and some of you dont....been to a couple of the drives, meets and just hanging out in and out of the nsx community, but this nsxpo thing has maybe just pushed me a little over the edge. When a person being told that they cant join the event.....when this community is "suppose" to be a tight one, makes me :eek: wow
but i understand there are guidelines that we need to follow, but serously? paying, fine, thats life,we understand that theres limited spaces at the track and limited seats at the dinner, but to just hang out and meet other members from around the world? no? wow....maybe we should also start taking payments to upkeep prime....
this all comes in no disrespect to all, but its my own 2cents thats leaving me a :confused: feeling about this community.....

Quite honestly after "working" this event (not only for free but all Board members pay the same fee as everyone else to attend) this should not even be a topic that needs "debate".

I guess some people feel it is too much to ask for a simple payment of $40 per year to join the NSXCA. If you don't want to join, that is fine but then you have no right to complain about the way these events are run. It never ceases to amaze me that the critics are not even members. Those who paid to be members and paid the registration fees to attend had a great time. They appreciated the effort it takes by volunteers to pull something like this off as well as the sponsors who contribute generously so our members can attend at a reasonable cost.

If you want to hang out, organize a meet and show up to hang around a parking lot. If you want more, pay the price or don't expect any freebies. Why should we feed someone who didn't pay the same as everyone else? And, yes, that was attempted again when non-members tried to crash the banquet and essentially "steal" someone else's place and dinner but they were promptly shown out (including ultimately shown out of the parking area).

This event was open to all members who wanted to join and attend. As for all the rest of the public, this was a private event. It was announced 10 months ago so there was no surprise of it happening. If members can travel from Canada, Hawaii (with their car!), Japan, Norway and New Zealand and all pay the same registration fees then stop your whining if you happen to live nearby and we said sorry but this is not a public event.

Our sponsors give generously so our members can get a benefit. Yes, the Simeone Museum is open the public and anyone can visit. However, Dr. Simeone himself led our group on a private tour and the event was catered for just our members. Do you want to join in? Then pay the 40 bucks, register and attend. It's not rocket science. As a certain credit card company says, "membership has its privileges".

And, as an aside, about taking payments for Prime it would be nice if you are going to waste bandwith complaining about something you have no right to complain about that perhaps you consider donating to Prime to help defray the costs of running the site. On the other hand, those most likely to complain are least likely to help support the site or anyone for that matter because it is easy to expect something for nothing and then complain about how it is run.

As a further aside, NSXstock has never been an NSXCA sanctioned event. Just as there is no direct relationship between Prime and the NSXCA, anyone can have a car meet but that doesn't necessarily make that event, like NSXPO, an NSXCA event. We have no control over non-members having a meet and if you had a bad experience it wasn't the result of anything the club did.

All are welcome to join and participate within the guidelines set up for an event. But if you choose not to join then don't expect to gain the benefits that are given to paying members.

Last edited:
no worries, i just thought at one point this community was a little more friendly that what has just been proven to me. i tottaly agree with you about being a member and members should have thier privileges, but if that was the case, why are we planing this on a public forum? i have no problems of paying to become a member, and like you have said, this is a nsxca event, then why does there need to be a discussion on prime? not trying to stir anything up, but just seems a little messed up when what i thought was a friendly community, which now is some what a private event....and hence the private event should be on a private forum, no?

I understand the fee to be apart of this event. I dont think its that bad of a fee. It cant be easy to get this all together. You also get some cool little free memento's. I guess you have to go to one of these NSXPOs to understand? You cant get along with everybody in the world. I had some people I really connected with and some and I didnt. I related more to the younger crowd during this event. If weather is bad your going to have a bad time. Its not their fault tho.

Back