• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NY/NJ/CT meetup in August?

Greetings all, I missed Riverrun but prior to that has been very busy so let's arrange a quick bear mountain run followed by lunch like old times sake. I'll throw out some dates and we can get it done. Would love to rip the streets once again
Aug 5/6
Aug 12/13

Greetings all, I missed Riverrun but prior to that has been very busy so let's arrange a quick bear mountain run followed by lunch like old times sake. I'll throw out some dates and we can get it done. Would love to rip the streets once again
Aug 5/6
Aug 12/13

I can do Aug 6, 12 or 13th

email me at [email protected] when you pick a date, I don't check the forum often

thank you

Glenn

8/13 is Nashua Car Show so could be a conflict for some... like me and a few others.
May have interest once I check calendar and pending the day and especially meeting point & timing. If one is in mind, should put it out to evaluate what it takes for newbies to get there.

Im getting lots in my inbox for 8/12/17, don't know why it isn't being discussed on the thread.

I'm in for 8/12 as well since I missed the River Run as well.

I can prolly do 8/12.......with the NSX

8/12 works for me too. Thanks for planning. Please post details when you have it.

If same route as River Run then might be a too much stretch for me as it was very long ~550 mile (&~ 12 hours door to door) day.
Definitely a Hoot and worth it , but not enough for me to repeat so soon. Have a lot of other stuff on my plate. But if closer, then I might be able to make the 12'th.
What is the overall plan?

Looks like august 12 it is. Ill get a route going and check back in before the date.

I'm interested as well, but we are having a kitchen project started that week and have to see once they start the plans for Saturday. I will confirm when it gets closer. Thanks - Don

Haven't seen everyone in a while. Last time was actually last year river run. Was hoping to join 8/12 but will be in Cali. Catch up with you guys next time.

bernard

Ok guys 8/12/17 at 7:00am it is. Long Island, Queens, Bronx and Brooklyn you guys should know the drill. We will meetup at the Dunkin Donuts across from the throgs neck bridge. Jersey guys we can scoop you up wherever you like afterwards. If I left anyone out please chime in. A spirited drive to bear mountain followed by lunch will do all of us good I'm sure. Looking forward to it.

might I suggest everyone meet at 98 Rpa Hook Rd, Cortlandt, NY. its a gas station not far from the Bear Mountain bridge. Everyone could gas up, get coffee, bathroom. they have a big parking lot for cars

How does 8am sound, since we are all coming from different directions ?

Glenn

Is there a usual meet up for CT RI MA guys? I just did the bear mountain cruise with my s2k and it was great. 101 S2000's showed up. This is my first year owning an NSX so I don't know where and when the meet ups around me are. (I'm in central CT)

Is there a usual meet up for CT RI MA guys? I just did the bear mountain cruise with my s2k and it was great. 101 S2000's showed up. This is my first year owning an NSX so I don't know where and when the meet ups around me are. (I'm in central CT)

I have an S2k as well. i didn't know they had a drive. Too bad, I would have gone.

i think 8am at the 98 Rpa Hook Rd, Cortlandt, NY.is the best meeting spot for all, easy to get to and gas up from all directions. We just used that spot for a meet with the M Coupes two weeks ago and it worked perfect.

How many NSX's are we expecting?

Glenn

The way it was set up for the s2000 cruise was very well organized- planned much in advance. There were 2 meet up spots in every state. I.e. The people in MA and RI and all met up with the people In CT off of 84 in Hartford, they all cruise down to 95 in Fairfield in CT where they met up with the last group of CT guys and then they all met up in NY at a spot where everyone from every state regroups. After that there were leaders with radios and an s2k leader would park on every intersection where a corner was required and would direct the s2k traffic to turn. We had several regroup locations on the way to a park with a waterfall where we did a photoshoot (I forget the name of the park) then we did another regroup at a plaza where everyone could fuel up and then did the bear mountain cruise and reserved a restaurant and bar for all of us following the cruise. It was fun times and a huge turnout. I will be attending every one of them from now on. There was also a Facebook event page describing everyone's meeting points, regroup points, and departure times.

Last edited:
We usually meet at the Mobil gas station in the circle after reaching bear mountain. Ok get the info and thing we should arrive from ny by 8 or 8:15.

The Mobile Gas station Dynamic (Mike) is referring to is 98 Rpa Hook Rd, Cortlandt, NY that HockeyGoalie mentions .

Here is schedule Mike is proposing:
Time: 7am (Leave at 7:15 sharp)
First Meeting Location is Mobile (Formally BP) Gas station by Throgsneck Bridge Toll Plaza: 4147 Throgs Neck Expy, Bronx NY 10465

Time: 8am (Leave at 8:15 sharp)
Second Meeting Location is Mobile Gas Station by Bear Mountain: 98 Rpa Hook Rd, Cortlandt, NY

The Mobile Gas station Dynamic (Mike) is referring to is 98 Rpa Hook Rd, Cortlandt, NY that HockeyGoalie mentions .

Here is schedule Mike is proposing:
Time: 7am (Leave at 7:15 sharp)
First Meeting Location is Mobile (Formally BP) Gas station by Throgsneck Bridge Toll Plaza: 4147 Throgs Neck Expy, Bronx NY 10465

Time: 8am (Leave at 8:15 sharp)
Second Meeting Location is Mobile Gas Station by Bear Mountain: 98 Rpa Hook Rd, Cortlandt, NY
Thanks

I just saw this and wish i could join you guys but I will be in Philly, we always had a blast in the past! I will try and get a drive together for the fall, have fun and be safe.

Tytus

I will unfortunately not be able to make it, as I am in the middle of a kitchen project and contractors will be at my house this Saturday. Hopefully there will be another drive planned in the Fall like Tytus mentions. Don

Anyone coming from north jersey, we'll be meeting to cruise up to the gas station at the Sunoco on the GSP in Montvale. Address below, meet at 7a, depart by 720a.

171 Garden State Parkway Montvale NJ 07645

Back