• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

O2 Sensor ??

Hi all. I had my engine check light come on yesterday on my 97 and thanks to the execellent help given in a previous post I was able to find the method to get a reading out of the ODB2. I had one blink, which as best I can tell, tells me I have a bad HO2S Bank 2 Sensor 1 - O2 sensor out. I checked on line for replacements and found a wide array of O2 sensors all claiming to fit. Some had OEM connectors, some 1,2 and even 4 wires with no connectors?? HuH?
Can someone please guide me to the one I actually need. Are there any vendors I should stay away from? Should I replace them all so they all match? One last thing, where is this booger hiding when I crawl under the car to replace it? Thanks for the help. BTW I called a dealer and they said $75 to run a diagnostic and approx $400 if it was a quick fix. Arggg

Tell the dealer to look up: Technical Service Bulletin# 98-031 - Emissions Warranty Extension

This is a FREE warranty extension for 1995-97 NSX's. All of your 02 sensors are covered unless your car has over 150K miles:).

You should not have to pay the diagnostic fee either.

HTH,
LarryB

You just saved him a bunch of $$$$:eek: . Thats why I nominated you as Primer of the Year:biggrin: :biggrin:

Tell the dealer to look up: Technical Service Bulletin# 98-031 - Emissions Warranty Extension

This is a FREE warranty extension for 1995-97 NSX's. All of your 02 sensors are covered unless your car has over 150K miles:).

You should not have to pay the diagnostic fee either.

HTH,
LarryB

Hi all. I had my engine check light come on yesterday on my 97 and thanks to the execellent help given in a previous post I was able to find the method to get a reading out of the ODB2. I had one blink, which as best I can tell, tells me I have a bad HO2S Bank 2 Sensor 1 - O2 sensor out. I checked on line for replacements and found a wide array of O2 sensors all claiming to fit. Some had OEM connectors, some 1,2 and even 4 wires with no connectors?? HuH?
Can someone please guide me to the one I actually need. Are there any vendors I should stay away from? Should I replace them all so they all match? One last thing, where is this booger hiding when I crawl under the car to replace it? Thanks for the help. BTW I called a dealer and they said $75 to run a diagnostic and approx $400 if it was a quick fix. Arggg

I have done multiple searches and can't find the post you are talking about telling how to get a reading on a '97. Can you direct me to it or tell me how to do it? Thanks in advance.

Back