• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OBDI diagnostic trouble code

I need some help interpreting the OBD1 diagnostic trouble code of my 91. I jumpered the service connector and then turned on the ignition switch to to read the ABS light blink. After the initial power-on 1 second light on, the ABS light blinked one short pulse, paused for about 5 seconds, 2nd short blink, paused another 5 seconds, followed by one last blink and then stayed off. This pattern repeats every time I turn on the ignition switch.

Does this pattern mean Main Code = 3, Sub Code = none ? Or is this Main Code = 1, Sub Code = none (but repeated 3 times)?

From what I could find online;

Main code = 1, sub code = none -- issues with hydraulic controlled components
Main code = 3, sub code = none -- no such code combo available

Can anyone shed some light on this?

You should be seeing a long and short codes. From my read of your message, you indicating that you see only short codes. For more details see:

"DYI" section of the FAQ.
http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/NSXWiki:FAQ_Migration

Under "The Basics" You'll see a link titled "Retrieving Trouble Codes With The Service Check Connector"

Ok, for a moment let's assume it is a 1. They list all major components of the system to check. Tell me the symptom. Do you have ABS pressure? Does the pressure pump run for 2 minutes then shut off after you start the car and you go over 5 mph?

Sounds like maybe the system is dead.

LMK,

Regards,
LarryB

Its been a while, but doesn't the Engine light blink?

It seems like you have the ALB connector jumped and not the ECU/OBDI connector?

What are you trying to diagnose: the ALB or the ECM?

Drew

Back