• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

October 9th NC Mountain Tour?

NSX Owners,

Lester (coffeeman), Joey (mknmoves) and I have been kicking around an idea of a fall NSX tour through the western part of NC. Lester lives in that area and has mapped out a great route for us to follow that could be a great day trip for us to have a spirited drive. Lots of curves, switch backs and twisties for us to enjoy in our wonderful machines. A lot of fun can be had between 40-80 mph in the NSX and this would be a wonderful time to be there.

We selected October 9th as a date that would incorporate the leaves changing and still decent weather in those parts. We figured an early morning gathering and tour a stop for lunch and some additional driving. It can make for some great photo ops and fun times.

This thread is to see interest and set the date in concrete. Any takers? PM for additional details and I will post the route and meeting places as we get a head count.

Hope to see you all out!

Michael/Lester/Joey

DSC03749.jpg

Hey that's my purple car! Only one like it at the meet.

Like to hear more details about the Mountain Tour.

Last edited:
This sounds like a great trip and I would love to be part of it but I have a mountain trip planned later in October with my local car club and the Ferrari Club will be there at the same time.

If I knew about this a month earlier I would have loved to be part of this trip. Maybe next year for me.

If it happens ... have a great time!

Darrin,

What are the details of your mountain trip? Dates, route, etc. Since I am thinking we might not get more than a few NSX owners, perhaps we could tag along???

This sounds like a great trip and I would love to be part of it but I have a mountain trip planned later in October with my local car club and the Ferrari Club will be there at the same time.

If I knew about this a month earlier I would have loved to be part of this trip. Maybe next year for me.

If it happens ... have a great time!

Maybe we should change the date, it's not set in stone...details???

Darrin,

What are the details of your mountain trip? Dates, route, etc. Since I am thinking we might not get more than a few NSX owners, perhaps we could tag along???

Hey John,

Well this is a little different trip to the mountains then you might expect. The Carolina Super Cars Club will be leaving New Bern, NC on Thursday Oct 21st and heading to West Jefferson, NC arriving in the evening.

We rented and very large private cabin that we are all staying at for the weekend. We have several rallies planned on Friday and Saturday. One will be meeting up with the Ferrari club at some point. We also hopefully have Chris from Down Shift studios joining us one day for a photo shoot as he will be up in that area during the same time.

We have not nailed down the exact routes planned on Friday and Saturday but I can fill you in when we do.

Looks like no takers for the fall event. I still want to make a run. Darren any chance that some of us that want to come up can take a run with your club around West Jefferson? It is a day trip for us in Charlotte and would be ideal for us.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Looks like no takers for the fall event. I still want to make a run. Darren any chance that some of us that want to come up can take a run with your club around West Jefferson? It is a day trip for us in Charlotte and would be ideal for us.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Michael,

We have a club rally and meeting this weekend. We are all heading to the Seafood Festival in Morehead City. My car will on display for our Club and next to the Forgein Cars Italia booth.

I will have more details on our mountain trip this weekend. I do not see it being a problem to join us for a day ride as we do have trips planned on Friday and Saturday. By the way ... all our wives will be with us for the ride as well.

As soon as I have more details I will PM you. I will also ask our president to make sure he is OK with it to. He always says ... the more the marrier!

I'll be in touch soon.

Darrin

Michael,

We have a club rally and meeting this weekend. We are all heading to the Seafood Festival in Morehead City. My car will on display for our Club and next to the Forgein Cars Italia booth.

I will have more details on our mountain trip this weekend. I do not see it being a problem to join us for a day ride as we do have trips planned on Friday and Saturday. By the way ... all our wives will be with us for the ride as well.

As soon as I have more details I will PM you. I will also ask our president to make sure he is OK with it to. He always says ... the more the marrier!

I'll be in touch soon.

Darrin

Details, I want to do this trip!

Details, I want to do this trip!

I do not have all the details yet, but here is the little details I know.

We (Carolina Supers Cars) will be leaving New Bern on Thursday October 21 and arriving in West Jefferson that night. We have 2 mountain "tours" planned. One will be on Friday and the other will be on Saturday. (half day trips)

On Saturday I believe we are metting up with the Ferrari Club and Chris from Down Shift Studios might be there to take several photo shoots of our cars in the mountains etc. (this is not 100% confirmed but has been discussed) more to come soon.

We are palning to rally back to New Bern, NC on Sunday mid morning. Carolina Super Cars rented a large mountain house for the members which has been "sold out" so there is no vacancy for additional people.

We have several other activities planned, cookouts at the house, shopping for the ladies, camp fire, horse shoes, rally driving etc etc.

As mentioned I will have more details this weekend and will ask if others can join us for the rally portion. Once I find this out I will post more details.

Thanks for wanting to join in. Hopefully it works out we can all meet up.

Darrin

Ok guys ...

Quick update. I spoke to our club president about others joining us for a mountain rally on Saturday and he said ... "No problem! The more the better"

As of now we do not have a concrete plan per say for Saturday (Oct 23rd) but the rough idea was to gather around 10:30 ish and get on the road for 11:00 am and rally somewhere for lunch. Then meet up with Chris from Downshift studios somewhere and get pictures etc. done ... then head back to our base in West Jefferson. If you guy join us ... you can head back to your cities or areas after the photo shoot.

This is just an idea for now, but I will get you more concrete plans as we approach the dates.

Any interest? Please let me know as if there is no interest, then I will not proceed to make meeting plans, times etc. or continue to post here.

Darrin

West Jefferson is easy driving distance from Kingsport TN, would enjoy heading east and meeting some of you folks. Have set aside that date on the calendar and will be waiting to see if anything develops.

rp

Darrin,

That sound like a plan. The Oct 9th date has gotten very little response so I would like to join you on Saturday for the tour. West Jefferson is only two hours from Charlotte and would be a full day but not a bad drive, plus I have family in the area if push comes to shove.

Let me know your meeting places and times and I will cordianate for those that want to join from Charlotte.

Michael

Darrin,

That sound like a plan. The Oct 9th date .... , plus I have family in the area if push comes to shove.

Let me know your meeting places and times and I will cordianate for those that want to join from Charlotte.

Michael

Michael,

Sounds great! Remember this will be Saturday Oct 23rd.

Our club would love to have any of you guys join us for the day trip. Here are the details I have now. I will get you addresses and times soon.

Gather / meet around 10:30 am at Boggs Church (address to come)

Cruising to Grandfather Mountain stop for a break and enjoy the park (our wives will be with us).

From there cruise to the Original Mast General Store and eat lunch.

After lunch we will head back to West Jefferson and settle in for the night. You all could either rally back with us to West Jefferson or go your own ways form the General Store.

Should be a fun trip and hope some of you can make it. I will post address and times soon. The cars in our club going on our trip will be '99 Carrea Cab, 2009 911 S4, 2009 Corvette, '78 Trans Am, '07 S2000 and my 96 NSX-T

I will also PM you all my contact info so you can call when you are close.

Sound good?

Last edited:
Can't find Bogg's Church in West Jefferson on Google. More details please?

Thanks
Richard

Richard,

I will post more information as soon as I get it. Our club president uses "Boggs Church" as a nick name I believe so I will get the real name of the church soon.

Keep an eye on the thread for updates.

Darrin

Hey guys,

Ok ... for those of you plannig the day trip to West Jefferson to meet us here is an address that we can meet at between 10-10:30am

Wayland's Nursery
1003 Round Knob Ridge Rd.
West Jefferson, NC 28694

The church is right beside this address but is not findable on Google. The church name is Round Knob Baptist Church. This is where our cars will be and our meeting point.

When you have a total count of who will all be attending, please let me know as our club president will make sure he reserves more table spots for lunch.

Michael, I will PM you my cell number as well.

We look forward to seeing as many of you as we can for this rally. From what I hear the roads around there are tight with lots of turns ... should be fun.

Darrin

Hey guys,

Just wondering how many of you are planning to meet us (Carolina Super Cars Club) in West Jefferson for the Saturday rally to the Old General Store?

In the previous post I listed the address as to where our club will be. We will be gathering around 10:00 to 10:30 am before leaving for the day.

Our club president just wanted to see how many others would be joining us so he can be sure to make lunch reservations.

Hoping to see some of you there!

Darrin,

That sound like a plan. The Oct 9th date has gotten very little response so I would like to join you on Saturday for the tour. West Jefferson is only two hours from Charlotte and would be a full day but not a bad drive, plus I have family in the area if push comes to shove.

Michael

Michael,
Let me know for sure if you want to go, I may be able to attend.

I have not had feedback on who is comming but my cell does not work.
We are meeting at 10:30 - 11:00 am at the address in the post above.
You will see my car parked accross from the little church.
If you need to call please call this cell # to get up with me
252-902-9022 leave message if we do not answer.

BTW the drive today was awesome to Grandfather Mountain!

Last edited:
Any pictures from the tour. Something that you can rub it in with for those of us with down vehicles or that could not make it.

The weather looked awesome, hope you all had a great time?:smile:

Hey all,

We had a great time! We could not have had better weather for the 2 days spent there. Day 1 was great as there NO traffice being a week day. We went to Blowing Rock then drove to Grandfather Mountain. On the way back we stopped at a sports bar for food and then drove back to cottage for a steak grillout! Here are some pictures

CSCMTNDay19.jpg

Getting ready to leave Day 1 West Jefferson

CSCMTNDay131.jpg

Heading Grand Father MTN

CSCMTNDay160.jpg

What a view!

CSCMTNDay198.jpg

1 Mile High

CSCMTNDay191.jpg

The "X" from up high

CSCMTNDay143.jpg

The "NSX" and my wife at Grand Father Mountain!

Day 2 Richard (1oldpoop) and his wife drove 2 hours from TN to join us for the Saturday ride. What a great day as well. Left the West Jefferson area where Richard met us and drove the back roads into Boone. We then took the journet to Mast General Store where we all bought something. Origianl plans were supposed to have lunch at Chetola, but due to time we stopped into a local restaurant to have a late lunch. After lunch we took some picture of the group and Richard headed back to TN.
Here are some pictures of day 2.

CSCMTNDay21.jpg

Touring MTN

CSCMTNDay22.jpg

On the way to Boone ...

CSCMTNDay213.jpg

Having Lunch ...

CSCMTNDay215.jpg

Richard's 91 NSX

CSCMTNDay216.jpg

Richard, Darrin and wives in Boone

We have already started planning for next year as we had such a good time! Sorry you guys missed it!

Back