• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OEM Keyless entry brain/harness for sale

I bought my 02 Nsx about 3 months ago, and when the car was delivered to me there were no remotes for the keyless entry. I just figured the car didnt come with a keyless entry and so I ordered a brand new keyless entry kit from a dealership. When installing it, I found that there was a keyless entry brain, already hooked up to the car, and that the original owner must have not given the remotes to the dealer when they sold the car.

I then installed the new brain into the older wiring harness and its been working fine ever since.

So, now I have a Honda OEM keyless entry brain, and a brand new wiring harness that I didnt use with my new kit.

How could this work out for your benefit ? Well, Ive checked with some of the discount Acura parts places on Prime and you can buy a remote from Kenwood for about $90 thats programmed for your keyless brain. So, if you were to purchase the brain and brand new harness from me, you can have a full keyless entry kit for cheap !

Id like to get $110 shipped for the oem brain, and harness. Thats less than one third of the price of a new kit, and even with a new remote, youll still be close to half the price of a new complete OEM keyless entry.

I accept paypal, and will ship the item within one business day by Fedex. Contact me by email or pm. Ill try to take pictures to post in the next day or two.

It will NOT work on any other year but for a 2002. Each year has it's own wiring codes per Acura Dealerships. Whatever year NSX you have you must buy for that year. :cool:

Q. Is it a harness/pinout difference only?

I've spent some time studying and playing with the Security Unit, and it is pretty dumb.

And the 91/92 keyless entry is pretty stupid too. The communication is one way: keyless sends a un/lock "request" and appeases the Security Unit.

What DOES seem likely is that Mitsumi has discontinued the specific connector used with the keyless long ago and a newer one was used.

I really suspect that they changed very little from year to the next...

Drew

Back