• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

OEM mp3 cd changer for 02~05 NSX?

no, but with an adapter, the alpine cha-s634 cd/mp3 changer is an easy swap for the stock changer. search the forum here for part numbers for the adapter and cable.

heya joe, yes that's the new family member :). now we have to take TWO cars to the budweister show this year.

- the proud dada

For the Alpine 634 you need the ACUALP adapter cable and KCA130B cable. I installed an Alpine 634 and it didnt sound quite right so I checked the cabling and it turned out that the ACUALP adapter was wired (wire for wire) :eek: Instead of having pins 2 and 4 inverted. I returned it to the supplier and bought another from someone on E-bay and it worked perfectly. :smile:

Which one is the new addition Rob?
pain.gif

Congrats from me too!
Isn't it odd that a sleepless night caused by "Mom" has a whole different appeal to one caused by baby?
winknudge.gif

One question that remains unanswered (I believe?) is if the 634 in the new cars has the pin switch like the previous iterations of changer or is now a "std." part like the after-market models?

I just want to know when Alpine is going to make a cheap drop in DVD/CD/MP3 changer so I can just pile the MP3s on a DVD instead. The 634 is SOOOooo old school now as far as product life generally goes. Can't believe they haven't come out with a replacement product.

nsxsupra said:
Are the oem cd changers from 02~05 also mp3/cdr compatible just as JDM nsx oem cd changers?
Just to add the info: The NSX OEM CD changers here in Germany are also advertised by Honda.de as MP3 compatible. I wonder why they are not in U.S. :confused: Some kind of license thing because mp3 is a german technology?

NSX-Racer said:
Just to add the info: The NSX OEM CD changers here in Germany are also advertised by Honda.de as MP3 compatible. I wonder why they are not in U.S. :confused: Some kind of license thing because mp3 is a german technology?
The ones in the new cars are mp3 compatible, 'Racer.

I agree with you Rob - I keep looking for something on that front, Alpine seems really slow on that development

Back