• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Official Group Drive to Mt Lemmon - March 31st

Hey Guys...

I would so like to be there for this one, but I joined NASA and will be at their all-day event at Firebird running HPDE events with Jim and Ravi!

My KW Clubsports are on order... :biggrin:

You all have a ball!

Best, Tim.

Have fun dude. Take some pics!

Please add NSX Primer "dirtbag" to the list. He's going to meet us along the Catalina Highway on the way up and follow us all the way to Sir Veza's for lunch.

Speaking of lunch, I need to know if anyone's bringing a passenger along so i can get an accurate head count for lunch reservations.

Should be a great time!

Everyone please let me know if you are bringing a +1.

AAAAAhhhh! My luck, the weekend that I go up to phoenix.:mad:

Have fun you guys and be careful with all the speed cameras down here.

Are those speed cameras mapped out somewhere on the intarwebs?

Thanks for the heads up

Which begs the question, who is running radar/laser detection?

Are those speed cameras mapped out somewhere on the intarwebs?

Thanks for the heads up

Which begs the question, who is running radar/laser detection?

I have a file with all of the redlight / speed cameras, but it is only compatible with Garmin GPS or TomTom GPS units.

On top of which Tucscon uses roving photo radar vans, so you gotta be careful.

Snow would be fun! :biggrin:

The high this Saturday in Tucson will be 88 and sunny. The high in Mt Lemmon is gonna be 69. I'm gonna guess there will be a slight dusting of snow on the ground like we had in Payson for the Supercar Run.

David Venezia from http://www.venezia-photography.com is going to be joining us on the drive. He will be snapping photos along the way, at the top, etc. He's a "starving college student" so if we chip in $10-20 each he will have large prints made of any of his photos you want.

Recent example of his work:
IMG_3999.jpg

Still need to know who's bringing a passenger!

I guess we all driving by ourselves.

Maybe reserve a table for 10? I'm sure we could squeeze a couple of more chairs in if we had to.

Are we going to be able to park in the front of Sir Vezas?

The starving college student takes some nice nude pics. :biggrin:

Thanks Chuck for your help!

We will have rock star parking at Sir Vezas.

We were originally put down for 20 people, and was given exclusive use of their back room (right next to where the cars would be parked). I don't know if cutting the number of patrons in half is going to change our arrangement with them. I'll work all of that, thoug, just need a relatively firm number give or take a few. They just opened up this location and are packed full on weekends, so the best info I can get them will keep them happy. And I love the place, so I want them to be happy! :smile:

David Venezia from http://www.venezia-photography.com is going to be joining us on the drive. He will be snapping photos along the way, at the top, etc. He's a "starving college student" so if we chip in $10-20 each he will have large prints made of any of his photos you want.

Still need to know who's bringing a passenger!

That's awesome I'm interested for sure.

I'll have a passenger, bringing a buddy.

Can't wait! I'm going to drive north on Oracle/77 and join up with you guys on the way in to town. I guess I'll be the "Tucson welcoming committee". :smile:

If I'm awake early enough, I might meet you guys in Tempe for a sendoff. No promises though. Hopefully my tires and parts will arrive at Acura of Peoria by end of today so I can get them installed tomorrow and join you guys for the next event. *crosses fingers*

Edit: I'm going to contact Joboy and Kevin_87 to maybe form a caravan from the west side.

Last edited:
See you guys in the morning at the meet up.

Friendly reminder, check your tire pressure

CYA !

Nice run today everyone. :smile:

Great choice for lunch !

Definitely good times, nice to meet everyone too. The lunch spot was great, good food and some eye candy.

Back