• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Interest in Group Drive to Mt Lemmon

Which date you prefer?

• Saturday, March 24th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saturday, March 31st

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Saturday, April 7th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care. I can go on any of these dates.

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Neither. Mt Lemmon sucks!

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am gathering interest for our next group drive to Mt Lemmon in March/April.

Proposed Itinery
-PHX group meet at Dick's Sporting Goods in Tempe at 7am (QT down the street on Warner & Hardy if you need to fillup)
-leave Dick's at 7:30am
-stop for gas in Tucson/meet up with Tucson group around 9:30am
-drive up Catalina Hwy to Mt Lemmon and back down
-lunch somewhere in Tucson around noon
-group drive back to PHX (should be back in PHX around 3:00pm)

Please vote on a date.

Mike

Interested:
1. OyATL
2. RedWings
3. Quix-Draw
4. Viper Driver
5. joboy77
6. xiongb1
7. naaman

cat_hwy.jpg

Catalina%20Highway.jpg

funding_national_scenic_byways.jpg

13.jpg

Last edited:
I am gathering interest for our next group drive to Mt Lemmon in March/April.

Proposed Itinery:
-PHX group meet/leave Chandler around 7:30am

There is a back road from Chandler to Florence to Tucson that is way more enjoyable and much less busy than the 10

Tucson crew.

Any recommendations on a gas station/meetup spot in Tucson where we can get together before heading up the mountain?

Any good spots for lunch?

Is the road up to Mt Lemmon clear of snow this time of year (March/April)?

Last edited:
I've not made that run...looks nice. I'll check my calendar before I vote on a day... Good idea Mike!

There is a back road from Chandler to Florence to Tucson that is way more enjoyable and much less busy than the 10

Good idea!

I've not made that run...looks nice. I'll check my calendar before I vote on a day... Good idea Mike!

Me neither. A good reason to go out and drive! :biggrin:

I'll definitely be up for this! It would be awesome to host some of you guys down here in Tucson. Let me know if there's anything I can do!

I'd love to do this, but I'll have to wait till a date is set to know if I can go. Lot's of forced overtime at work so it's really hard to schedule my days off.:mad:

I'll definitely be up for this! It would be awesome to host some of you guys down here in Tucson. Let me know if there's anything I can do!

Sweet!

Do you have any suggestions for a place/gas station in Tucson where we can all meet up?

A suggestion for a good Mexican restaurant would be awesome too. :biggrin:

Sweet!

Do you have any suggestions for a place/gas station in Tucson where we can all meet up?

A suggestion for a good Mexican restaurant would be awesome too. :biggrin:

I'll look into the fastest way through town from I-10 to get to the base of Mt Lemmon, and figure out a good meetup spot.

As for Mexican, there are lots of great spots but few that I'd want to park my NSX at. :tongue: I can think of a couple that I think would work. Depends on if you guys are going to go back to Phoenix via I-10 or the more scenic route. I can think of a couple that would probably work, these two below if you guys are going to go north on 77 through Oracle.

My vote would be a little less "authentic", but the car vibe of the place is cool and the tacos are excellent!
Sir Veza's Taco Garage (Tucson Mall location)
More traditional and mainstream:
El Charro Cafe (Oracle Rd location)

I'll look into the fastest way through town from I-10 to get to the base of Mt Lemmon, and figure out a good meetup spot.

As for Mexican, there are lots of great spots but few that I'd want to park my NSX at. :tongue: I can think of a couple that I think would work. Depends on if you guys are going to go back to Phoenix via I-10 or the more scenic route. I can think of a couple that would probably work, these two below if you guys are going to go north on 77 through Oracle.

My vote would be a little less "authentic", but the car vibe of the place is cool and the tacos are excellent!
Sir Veza's Taco Garage (Tucson Mall location)
More traditional and mainstream:
El Charro Cafe (Oracle Rd location)

Mucho Gracias!

As it turns out, I ate at Sir Vezas today for lunch and drove the NSX. They wanted me to park in front in the "hot rod" parking, which (of course) I obliged. I went inside, and had a great conversation with the owner and the manager. The owner is a former NSX owner and a cool guy. We'll have rock star parking if we go there for lunch on the 31st!

Hope this drive really happens! Looking forward to it. If any of you Phoenix guys are interested in my wheels that are in the For Sale section, you can take 'em home with you after the drive! :wink:

Last edited:
Back