• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Official Nissan GT-R Nurburgring Laptime

Looks like they didn't cheat with racing slicks this time? If so it looks like a new bar has been set. Impressive.

Ok, enough already! I'll buy one...man...I hate these high pressure tactics! :wink:

Looks like they didn't cheat with racing slicks this time? If so it looks like a new bar has been set. Impressive.
Looks like they did this with OE run-flats... pretty impressive.

As far as any "excuses" that other (insecure) marques miight assert, finding a quicker (shorter) line through the turns (possibly leveraging specific vehicle dynamics) isn't cheating - its called good driving :biggrin:

The whiner line for third-best starts behind the 997GT2.

That thing commands RESPECT!:eek:
Stupid street racers should not even try to race one. The guy driving the GT-R does not give a rat's ass about you. He has NOTHING to prove. Keep that inferiority complex inside the ricer.
Steve

Stupid street racers should not even try to race one.
You know what follows, right ?

GT-R bodykit - transform your mild-mannered Z (or any Nissan FM car) into a GT-R. I can see it now -- Altima coupe GT-R conversion...

SteveH - unfortunately Nissan already offers HID for their cars, so no oppty there, my friend :)

Stupid street racers should not even try to race one. The guy driving the GT-R does not give a rat's ass about you. He has NOTHING to prove. Keep that inferiority complex inside the ricer.
Steve
Hmmm... what constitutes a ricer to you? So you think only ppl driving imports will wanna race the GT-R and not the guys driving Vettes, Porsche's, NSX's, F-Cars and such? No one driving a riced out Neon or Civic will race one but someone driving a well built fourbanger definitely will.
There is a 600 WHP daily driven B20 Integra in my town, the guy that owns the shop I go to drives it. I don't think the GT-R would wanna stand next to him. Nissan set the bar higher but it will only be few years before this car gets outdated and outperformed.

Sorry, I think that was a lame comment...

Nissan set the bar higher but it will only be few years before this car gets outdated and outperformed.
Hopefully Nissan continues its commitment to continuous innovation and development... the Skyline GTR has always set the bar for the "sleeper 2 door sedan Q-ship". This latest one just happened to eclipse the current 2-seat coupe benchmarks (P997TT and C6-Z06).

The big German marques seem to be continuing the escalation in the arms race, with engine outputs exceeding tire technology (700+ ft-lb ?). US iron will do a "me too" to the extent that they can manufacture the stuff in low-cost markets (e.g., Hemi in Mexico, halo cars running 1950s-era pushrod OHV mills, etc). Even Korea is starting to get into it - Hyundai Genesis coupe (cheapest 300+ hp RWD coupe).

Can't say the same of "other" marques though :rolleyes:

That car is simply amazing. It is a pig and it goes fast as hell! Imagine what it could do if it only weighed 3000lbs! I also wonder how it would do if it was solely RWD. My guess is it would be a lot slower. The computers work awfully hard to keep that thing on the road.

Chevy says the ZR1 will beat it around the ring. Time will tell. It will be extremely impressive if it does.

can't have one in my garage looking like an sentra b2000 lol :biggrin:

That car is simply amazing. It is a pig and it goes fast as hell! Imagine what it could do if it only weighed 3000lbs! I also wonder how it would do if it was solely RWD. My guess is it would be a lot slower. The computers work awfully hard to keep that thing on the road.

Chevy says the ZR1 will beat it around the ring. Time will tell. It will be extremely impressive if it does.

by the time Chevy beats the GT-R's 7:29, Nissan will just fight back with the V-Spec.

by the time Chevy beats the GT-R's 7:29, Nissan will just fight back with the V-Spec.

Then comes Toyota then comes someone else... This is like the 600 hp new Audi RS6. It's starting to get ridicilous. From 1997-1999 with the E 55 AMG W210 with 350 hp and the BMW E39 M5 with 400 hp, to 2008 with the RS6 and almost 600 hp. I can imagine 800 hp stationwagons in 2015!! More and more cars doing 0-60 sprints in 3.6 seconds... A F-50 did it in 3.8 in a little more than a decade ago!!

I don't get the fuzz about the 'ring times though. Unless you're a pro driver with 200 'ring laps behind you these times are pretty much worthless.

What I'm looking forward to is GTR on the Top Gear track because we'll have all the bad asses to compare to. I would like to see this wondercar 1 second behind Zonda F on the Top Gear track :rolleyes: Just hope it doesn't rain because that'll be unfair to the lap time. In the beginning of the new Top Gear seasons back around 2000 Jeremy gave us a guide of the track where he explained how it tests both handling and power. Lotus designed the track and I sure can't think about anyone else being better at track designs than Lotus (and Ferrari).

I'm more interested in the V-Spec. That should scare the crap out of every machine out there. I remember speaking over at Ferrarichat with a guy with a CLK DTM, you know the mega-expesive all out CLK Mercedes made a few years ago? Well he (and others) said the CLK DTM kept up with a Enzo no matter where and what the fight was about - corners, straight you name it.
That's why I think if Nissan does everything right, you're gonna give the hypercar guys in the LP640's, Zonda's, Super-Ferrari's and Carrera GT's (although I think the CGT will still be in a different league) a serious run for their money.

But then again, this is just a Corvette of Japan. I'm tempted to say "nothing special" but you have to give kudos for a car weighing that much beating Porsche 997 GT3s on tracks around the world.

Fair comparo (without the price tag) would be V-spec vs. RUF RT12. That'd would've been fight of the year! The RT12 has 650hp and to top it all RUF always underestimates their poweroutputs for the public, dyno's always tell something else. So... Get ready... Get set... Fight!

I'm more interested in the V-Spec. That should scare the crap out of every machine out there. I remember speaking over at Ferrarichat with a guy with a CLK DTM, you know the mega-expesive all out CLK Mercedes made a few years ago? Well he (and others) said the CLK DTM kept up with a Enzo no matter where and what the fight was about - corners, straight you name it.
That's why I think if Nissan does everything right, you're gonna give the hypercar guys in the LP640's, Zonda's, Super-Ferrari's and Carrera GT's (although I think the CGT will still be in a different league) a serious run for their money.
Fair comparo (without the price tag) would be V-spec vs. RUF RT12. That'd would've been fight of the year! The RT12 has 650hp and to top it all RUF always underestimates their poweroutputs for the public, dyno's always tell something else. So... Get ready... Get set... Fight!

I rode in a friends DTM and it is an amazing capible machine.

The biggest difference is going to be freeway pull, most the supercars will pull hard from the GTR on a straight ofcourse they have more power etc..

7:25 for the vspec 551PS
7:24 for the lexus
7:22 for the CLS
7:15 for the GT2 RS 612ps

Looks like it didn't do so well afterall. We have not seen modified CGT's or Enzos yet but pretty certain there still is no comparison.

The has very very impressive #'s. The fact that it does the ring in less than 7min, 30 secs is :eek: But I have a hard time buying a 2+2 sports coupe that isn't very attractive(IMHO), that weighs 3960 lbs. and has a GT5 screen/info in the middle of the dash.

Amazing spec's and lap times though.

Back