• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Official SESM 2008 Thread - June 5-8 SE NSXCA Meet!

Official SESM 2008 Thread - June 6-8 SE NSXCA Meet!

SESM08bannerbig.gif

Yeah, that's right! It's that time of year to start your plans for the biggest NSX and S2000 Meet in the Southeast, SESM 2008! This year's event is going to be the best yet!

Event Overview:
SESM 2008 is going to be in Oxford, AL this year. Oxford is located near Cheaha Mountain, the highest point in Alabama and about 1 hour west of Atlanta, GA. It is home to many great roads and sites. Oxford also offers convienent drives to Talledega Motor Speedway, Talledega Gran Prix Raceway, and the Talledega National Forest.

This year we plan to include all of these items into an action packed weekend of track time, mountain drives, and good times. This one of a kind event is limited to 120 vehicles, so don't wait–sign up now!

Hotel Information:
Hampton Inn & Suites Oxford-Anniston, AL
210 Colonial Drive, Oxford, Alabama, USA 36203
Tel: +1-256-831-8958

Give the discount code of "South East Super Meet"

ANBHSHX_Hampton_Inn_and_Suites_Oxford-Anniston_AL_home_right.jpg

We have 80 rooms reserved until 2 weeks prior to the event 6/6-6/8. We have about 24 rooms reserved for 6/5-6/6 to allow for people who plan to do track day.

The rate will be a flat rate of 99.00 per night for 6/6-8 and 119.00 for 6/5. There are 24 suites in the allocation and will be first come first serve. So, you better book early if you want a suite for the same price as the standard rooms.

This hotel will provide:
  • Free Hot Breakfast
  • Beer Social on 6/5 and 6/7
  • Free Use of Conference Room
  • Secure Parking with Security Guard
  • Free Access to Local Full Service Gym and onsite workout room
  • Access to Pool and Hot Tub
What comes with Entry Fee:
  • Event T-Shirt
  • Embroidered Event Bag (Driver Registration Only)
  • Event Dinner on 6/7
  • Event Lunch on 6/7
  • 5x7 Photo of You and Your Car
  • 8x10 Photo of the Group
  • Free Beer Social for Attendees on 6/5 and 6/7 arranged with Hotel for SESM Guests
  • Hot Breakfast for All Days included with Hotel at no extra charge for SESM Guests
  • Event Packet including Printed Directions and Event Info
  • Event Credentials
  • Secured Parking with Wash Station
  • Access to Event Lounge w/ Snacks and Drinks
New Track Option:
tally_aerial2.jpeg

This year by popular request 6/6 will be a closed track day exclusively for 30-40 lucky people that would like to get to run one of the funnest tracks around, Talledega Gran Prix, http://www.tgprace.com. Track Entry is an option for those that would like to come down before the event and run with the group. The track will run from 8AM-5PM with an hour break for lunch. Track will not have professional instructor's, however there will be experienced track attendees that will be glad to provide ride alongs for the attendees. Track will be limited to 10 cars on the track at a time and heats will run about 15 minutes per turn. You can do the math and see that this is more track time that you will get anywhere else. Track will require that you bring a SCCA approved helmet, closed toe shoes, and long pants. All Track Drivers will be required to be 18 years or older. All cars will need to go through an inspection by the SESM team to ensure that no loose items will fly off on the track and the safety of others. Track attendees will need to be at the track no later than 7:00 AM for driver's meeting and prep and will need to be out of the facility by 6:00 PM.

Event Registration and Cost:
The Event Registration will open 3/1/2008 and will close 4/25/2008. To register for the event you must contact the hotel to reserve your room and register via the registration buttons bellow. Understand that Track Registration is seperate from the Event and if you want both you must register for both. Track Registrations only come with track day. Please register early to secure your spot, the track rental will be opened to other people after 4/11/2008 if 30 spots have not been filled. Event and Track Registrations are not refundable, however are transferable. You can sell your spot, however that is your responsibility to do so and to let the SESM Staff know.

Event Registration Discounts:
If you are a member of one of the following clubs you will recieve $10 off of Event Registration for driver and rider. Also you will recieve a $20 discount off of Track Registration. (Limit of one discount per driver, rider, and track registrations) Full Deal you will get a total of $40 off if you have a driver, rider, and track registration... Thank your respective clubs for offsetting the cost for you! You must be a paid member at the time of the event to participate. All Clubs will verify that you are a member. For discount enter one of the coresponding codes to specify your correct club membership!
  • NSXCA
  • S2KI
  • S2KATLANTA
  • S2KCIN
Event Costs:
  • Driver Registration - $65 ($55 after club discount)
  • Rider Registration - $55 ($45 after club discount)
  • Track Registration - $175 ($155 after club discount)
  • Track Spectator - Free (No Registration Needed)
Registration Links:
Event Registration -->

Track Registration -->

Stay tunned to this thread to hear more as the event draws closer!

Last edited:
I'll probably come down the day of the event. Do you guys know the drive route yet and where lunch and dinner will be?

How will this years event have more NSX related things vs last years? What vendors are potentials?

me and the alex are in. Ill prob do the track day as well.

So the event is friday (track day), saturday, and come back sunday right?

me and the alex are in. Ill prob do the track day as well.

So the event is friday (track day), saturday, and come back sunday right?

We are??? Oh you meant your wifey and not me...

Sorry

I will be there especially after hearing about all of the fun I missed on last years run.

I am registered for the track day. but for some reason the pay pal system will not take my credit car for the event registration.

I had this same problem with last years event as well. Can someone please look into this.

Will there be a vendor there who can rent me an SCCA approved helmet for track day? That would be my preference as I would rarely need a helmet otherwise.
If not, does anyone have a local dealer in N. Atlanta/Cobb County that they recommend since I don't know my helmet size.

Paul

Will there be a vendor there who can rent me an SCCA approved helmet for track day? That would be my preference as I would rarely need a helmet otherwise.
If not, does anyone have a local dealer in N. Atlanta/Cobb County that they recommend since I don't know my helmet size.

Paul
No vendor will be there... I suggest that you get your own helmet, but I can have NSXCA ship down the club's helmets if you would like.

No vendor will be there... I suggest that you get your own helmet, but I can have NSXCA ship down the club's helmets if you would like.

Well, since I am not a NSXCA member, it would be rude to use a club helmet. Any recommendations for a local vendor?

PGM

How many NSX's are coming so far? I won't be able to come till early Saturday. What time will things get under way? Anyone else going Saturday and want to Caravan let me know.

FYI....

We have opened the SESM track day to the general public and also decided to cap the entries at 30 cars to ensure more track time for those attending.

Also the $155 rate is good for everyone.

We have 14 signed up so far and this should move quick now that it is open to the general public.

I will not be able to attend the track day as I had planned. As you probably know tickets have been sold out for the track day.

I am selling my slot for anyone that is interested. If you want my tickets pm soon so I can make sure dewain knows the arrangement.

Sorry to hear this about the track event but are you and Alex still going to the Meet itself?

Back