• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Official U.S. 2002 NSX website is now up

So they just changed it to link to the main Acura site, which has been up for the past few days.
frown.gif

This is from acura's website.

Looks like they added a new "painted detail" down the back window.
wink.gif

Looks like the person doing the photoshop doesn't know the NSX very well and everyone at acura missed it.

nsx_byo_car_lft_sm_yel.jpg
</a>

[This message has been edited by jag (edited 06 January 2002).]

That is just embarassing. Then again when 95 out of 100 Acura dealer sales people probably couldn't spot the mistake either, why should we expect more from their graphics department? Get with the program Acura! Show us WHY there is an Acura division. Because frankly, I'm starting to wonder what happened to the original Acura vision.

What is that deep ground-effects looking line running the length of the side sills and the rear lower side skirts??? And why is the front spoiler body-colored??? The photos do not show either of those things. Seems like a pretty half-assed job...

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 06 January 2002).]

index002010.jpg

I was wondering about the lower body side molding between the wheels... especially the part on the lower door. The photo shows the edge of the door with the "add on" piece that continues the lower side molding... I wonder whether it's glued on or drilled through the skin of the door?

[This message has been edited by jag (edited 06 January 2002).]

Originally posted by Nsxotic:
Lud, stop beating on dealers.

I'll stop beating on them when they convince me as a whole that they can properly represent the car and the dealer network as a whole gets back in line with the original Acura vision.

Sure there are a handfull of great Acura dealers and individuals at those dealers, but based on my experiences I believe the network as a whole is in serious decline. I cannot idenfity anything except the logo which differentiates most Acura dealers from most Honda (or Ford or Chrysler or Mazda or Nissan or Toyota or GM) dealers these days.

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 07 January 2002).]

Sure there are a handfull of great Acura dealers and individuals at those dealers, but based on my experiences I believe the network as a whole is in serious decline. I cannot idenfity anything except the logo which differentiates most Acura dealers from most Honda (or Ford or Chrysler or Mazda or Nissan or Toyota or GM) dealers these days.

In my area, the Ford and Chrysler and Mazda and Nissan and Toyota and GM dealers have upgraded their service dramatically, often offering services such as while-you-wait oil changes, rides to/from the train station, free car washes with service, etc., as well as treating owners with more respect than in times past.

The nine Acura dealers (along with those of other upscale marques) here usually offer services beyond those, such as free loaners (usually newish Acuras), free coffee and snacks, nicer customer lounges, free car washes even when not being serviced, etc.

I realize that not all dealers are the same. And I agree with Lud that Acura needs to do a better job in the area of consistency. IMO you have a better chance of getting treated like a king at a Lexus dealer than at an Acura dealer, and Acura needs to do something about that. But I don't think it's appropriate to deride all dealers for the inadequacies of a few of them.

Back