• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Officially a new owner!

Took delivery of my 97 yesterday after the PPI by the dealer. Not to rant on dealers but the only item in the PPI was mis-matched tires, both brand and size (I already knew it). Rears are the stock size Bridgestones, fronts are 215/50/16 Toyo's. Now, the rub is that the dealer is the one that installed the wrong size/brand a year ago! How hard is it to put the right tires on a car! It needs tires anyway so I've already ordered a new matched set but just don't understand how a dealer could just throw whatever they have in stock onto the car.

I was able to be in the garage for most of the PPI and could not believe the underside of the car. Not a scratch anywhere, suspension pieces were so clean that this car must have been driven very little in the rain. Even the tech doing the inspection was amazed at the overall condition of the car (btw, he was a pissed about the tires as I was).

I'm trying to read here as much as I can about the car. I enjoy doing my own work, am intimidated by the whole mid-engine, trans mounted engine but the dealer tech tried to convince me that its still just an internal combustion engine and won't bite me ;) I also had no idea about the extent of the extended emissions warranty. The dealership printed out the whole campaign for me and the tech said that basically anything causing any driveability problems is covered. I asked him about cleaning the TB and he said wait until something acts up related to it and they will put a brand new one on under the extended warranty - damn!

Attachments

• DSC_0358_640.jpg
    DSC_0358_640.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 219
Beatiful choice! Congrats on the decision to join the club. Car looks great and you obviously are the right owner (getting all bent on mismatched tires).:smile:

I asked him about cleaning the TB and he said wait until something acts up related to it and they will put a brand new one on under the extended warranty - damn!

CONGRATS!

There is no cleaning of the timing belt. If you are on your original then you need to get it changed NOW. I would not drive the car until this is complete. A 97 should be getting ready for its second one right now.

CONGRATS!

There is no cleaning of the timing belt. If you are on your original then you need to get it changed NOW. I would not drive the car until this is complete. A 97 should be getting ready for its second one right now.

Sorry, meant throttle body, timing belt/wp was done in December 07 :D

Congrats and welcome to the club. Car looks fantastic.

I think in this case, TB means throttle body, not timing belt. :biggrin:

Congrats and welcome!

Welcome to the community! Hope you find this site as helpful as I have, it is an incredible source of experienced advice and virtually instant responses to any question. Congrats on your purchase and chosing the NSX.

Tytus

Back