• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Offset for 17" and 18" wheels?

Hi guys, I bet that this topic has been beat up to death here, but it is kind of hard to search for that specific thing - offset on those wheels.
I plan to go for new wheel/tire set for my 2002 NSX.
Now I understand that I should be ok with 17x7.5 and 18x9.5 wheel size and 215/40-17 front and 265/35-18 rear tire size. Is that correct?
Should my offset be the same as the original one - 55 mm front, 56 mm rear?
Should I expect any tire rubbing? Will the car actually change its hight?

Thanks for your help!

No, most people drop the offsets down with aftermarket wheels for better looks. +35mm to +40mm is the common range. Most use 215 width tires in front and 265 or 275 widths in back.

No rubbing, no speedo error, no height change, and no TCS issues.

If you want something more aggressive (read wider) email or PM me, and I can fit 235's up front and 315's in back with a perfect offset.

RP-Motorsports said:
No, most people drop the offsets down with aftermarket wheels for better looks. +35mm to +40mm is the common range. Most use 215 width tires in front and 265 or 275 widths in back.

No rubbing, no speedo error, no height change, and no TCS issues.

If you want something more aggressive (read wider) email or PM me, and I can fit 235's up front and 315's in back with a perfect offset.

I think its time to create an END ALL post for these sorts of size/offset questions. RP, care to help with the input? I'll post it up and edit it as needed.

I will try to add to it.

So many variables though. For example take the Volk GT-C you have a low, mid, and high disc, and face 1 or face 2, and several offset choices, and this is for 1 wheel! Then you need to know if stock body or wide, and if wide, which front fenders, and which rear? Then tire widths, in front you can do 205, 215, 225, and 235! In the rear, everything from a 225- 315 fits under the stock fender. Wider yet with wide fenders. then 91 brakes or 02 brakes? Also which of about 10 BBK's are installed, because this will change the offset, disc, and face needed. Then there are spacers that can be used with oem studs, then hubcentric spacers for longer studs, and all of this will affect the net offset. Some aftermarket rotor hats (Stoptech) actually will also change the net offset as well from oem.

Headache yet?

Now you see why I say PM or Email me for more in-depth info.

Variables.

That is why I "try" to be your NSX go-to wheel guru.

:biggrin:

Back